Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not getting pregnant

I got pregnant at the end or 2015 and again in April 2016 and lost both of them (possibly thyroid related). I've had a lot of "chemical" pregnancies in the past, so I don't really do pregnant tests anymore....too depressing. If I've had any more since then, I don't know about it.

I've pretty much dropped every swaying method at this point, except for skipping breakfast, including the diet.

I'm feeling really discouraged and think it won't happen again. I'm pretty much ready to give up. I'm 43, my husband is 46 with a lot of medical issues, my youngest is starting kindergarten.

I had fertility hormone testing done a few months ago, but my doctor didn't tell me to go on any particular day of my cycle, and all the info I can find is for having it done on CD3. The doctor said I'm definitely in peri-menopause and it's extremely unlikely for me to get pregnant, but I am still ovulating so there's a faint possibility. Psting my numbers in case any has any ideas about them

6.0 nmol/L. Range is Follicular <5, Luteal 15-90, Post-menopausal <3
    LH is 6.3 Range is Follicular/Luteal <15, Midcycle is is 30-100, Post Menopausal is 18-65
    FSH is 8.3 Range is Follicular/Luteal <7, Midcycle 4-15, Post menopausal is 16-80
    Estradiol is 275. Range is Follicular 70-680, Mid cycle is 550-1950, Luteal is 200-780, Post menopausal is up to 115

Blood work was taken on CD 15 of a 26 day cycle.
    Last edited by blueeyedguys; August 1st, 2017 at 11:14 PM.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I just answered your PM, sorry I am so behind on PMs it is terrible. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes blueeyedguys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any way you can just do NTNP without even thinking about it, and then just see what happens?? No testing, no planning, just whatever will be will be??

We have had quite a lot of 43 year olds conceive on here. It is still possible (and I don't think your FSH is bad at all) but of course we have to pray that Goldie shows up soon.

Can you tell me more about what, if anything, you guys are doing to possibly boost fertility?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been trying to take selenium and CoQ10, along with occasional magnesium (because I keep getting signs of mild deficiency) but that's all I've really done. I was thinking of ordering Maca and trying a sperm friendly lube (Pre-seed?), although I'm slightly concerned about that swaying blue. Not sure if it would help or not.

In case you don't still have my info, I have hypothyroidism and my numbers (Free T3 & Free T4) are ok, but not optimal, most likely the reason for all the chemical pregnancies, most of which happened before I got treatment at all.

Hubs has no pancreas or gall bladder so is on injected insulin, along with tons of other meds, including 2 blood pressure meds (which do cause him the usual guy issue), pain killers, enzymes etc. To answer the question in your reply, he basically takes whatever supplements I hand him, usually without even asking what I've given him. He's currently, not daily but fairly regularly, taking Vitamin E, CoQ10, Magnesium (he has severe deficiency issues), Selenium and Turmeric.

I keep thinking I should try just not worrying about it, but my brain just doesn't work that way and his medical issues make is more difficult. I'd prefer to elaborate about those in a reply pm. I've even considered just giving up completely, but every month, if it's between the end of my period and ovulation , my brain goes "Maybe this will be it!"
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No maca. Trust me, every woman on infertility sites are on it and it doesn't work.

Let's start by keeping up with the coq and then adding in a prenatal (like Women's One a DAy, this is not a prenatal but has all the same stuff in it) 3x a week. In addition I want you on 1600-2000 total mcg folate (the One a Day has 400 mcg folic acid so you can count that, and then take 1600 additional folate - NOT folic acid - on the other days.)

DH also on 400 mcg folate daily and 8-15 mg zinc daily, plus about 1000 IU Vit. D. I would ditch the Vit. E for him as I find that makes more trouble than it's worth (unless it is 100% DRV or less).

OR if all that is too complex give him men's One A Day over 50 as it has all the right amounts of that.

He can continue coq10 as needed.

Turmeric may be too much of a good thing on top of the BP meds and pain killers. It does some of the same stuff as those things do and I'd just let it go (in supplement amounts, in foods it is great a couple times a week). Magnesium as needed.

I totally understand and I"ll reply via PM.