Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your cycle and the LE diet

Hello pink swayers! I have been on the LE diet only three weeks. I've become a vegetarian and have kept my fat cal and protein levels where Atomic suggested. I began the LE while on my period- coincidence or not my flow decreased and the days on my period went from 8 to 5.

I started again today - a week early. Very weird for me as I'm usually regular with my cycles. I'm not sure I ovulated even. How has the LE diet affected you? What do you think this means?

Also I'm still nursing my 15 m old. When I am nursing I'm typically hold on about 10lbs. If my body won't lose while nursing is it better for the sway to lose weight or keep nursing?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! The LE diet does cause changes to your cycle by default. Breastfeeding can also cause changes to your cycle as your child takes in more/less milk at times.

If you're getting your period regularly, most likely you're ovulating. Unless you are having mid-cycle bleeding that lasts more than a day or two, you should be ovulating.

Having a flow of 5 days is normal! Even 3 days can be normal. Don't worry if it gets lighter- that can happen too.

Losing weight isn't necessary, and in fact, may not be wise while nursing. I only lost 10lbs while swaying and nursing (It took me 8 cycles and 12mo to conceive). I personally think nursing or weight loss can help. I would just aim for one or the other! If you lose weight, just make sure you're not losing too quickly.

🤞🏻for you !!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have weight to lose? I know Atomic doesn't want anyone's BMI to go below 20. Both losing weight and nursing are good for a pink sway but don't lose weight if you have none to spare. The diet likely won't change your cycles after just a few weeks of diet so it could just be nursing that's making it wonky. I nursed while swaying and lost too much weight so I stopped ovulating. Once I got ovulation going again, my cycles got shorter (ovulation came earlier and earlier). My flow was also lighter but I bled for longer.
    Good luck!!!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Do you have weight to lose? I know Atomic doesn't want anyone's BMI to go below 20. Both losing weight and nursing are good for a pink sway but don't lose weight if you have none to spare. The diet likely won't change your cycles after just a few weeks of diet so it could just be nursing that's making it wonky. I nursed while swaying and lost too much weight so I stopped ovulating. Once I got ovulation going again, my cycles got shorter (ovulation came earlier and earlier). My flow was also lighter but I bled for longer.
    Good luck!!!
    Thanks to both of you for your reply. I have about 10 lbs to lose. I doubt my BMI is under 20. Right now I'm just getting used to diet. No snacks. Wine at night. (I can't skip breakfast most days bc i lead excercise classes and don't want to risk fainting) this diet is a huge change for how I usually eat. I have never been vegetarian before! Anything else you all rec'd? Atomic rec'd we start with once a week. Right now we've been pull and praying until I've been on diet a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet, exercise, alcohol and one attempt are what get best results so it sounds like you're on the right track. Coffee is great to add too. Clomid or femara are good too if you can get it. Anything else is just gravy.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3 weeks is not usually the time frame we see dramatic changes in cycles and there's no way that starting LE on your period could make your period lighter. Your period comes from the lining that has built up the month prior. We do see shorter lighter periods over time but it just can't happen that way.

If you get your period and you've had 21-35 day cycle, the odds are about 95% that you ovulated. Breastfeeding does make for some goofy cycles and it's entirely possible that you have normal ones that then get strange again for a while. I've nursed 5 times and I have definitely had that happen to me even when not dieting or taking any supps or anything. Just that the baby nursed a bit more and it affected your cycle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    3 weeks is not usually the time frame we see dramatic changes in cycles and there's no way that starting LE on your period could make your period lighter. Your period comes from the lining that has built up the month prior. We do see shorter lighter periods over time but it just can't happen that way.

If you get your period and you've had 21-35 day cycle, the odds are about 95% that you ovulated. Breastfeeding does make for some goofy cycles and it's entirely possible that you have normal ones that then get strange again for a while. I've nursed 5 times and I have definitely had that happen to me even when not dieting or taking any supps or anything. Just that the baby nursed a bit more and it affected your cycle.
    Hi Atomic! Thanks for weighing in. Always appreciate your knowledge. I worry a lot about whether or not in doing the LE diet "right." I've been on it for almost a month and I definitely feel my clothes looser and I've been consistent with staying at or below 1650 cals 50-60 protein and fat. And I have t had any meat at all.

Questions- is fish every once in a while ok?

As long as I'm staying in my limits - and reading the calcium conundrum- I'm wondering if cheese is ok? Occasional ice cream?

I have my nightly wine usually an hour after dinner- does this count as snacking?

Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While breastfeeding let's boost that up to 1800-2000 cals, 50-60 g protein and fat.

Fish up to 2x a week is fine. No more than that due to mercury risks

All foods are fine within limits!! The only caveat about dairy is for the people who think dairy is an all you can eat food for TTC a girl. Anything within LE limits is fine.

Technically we try to put the alcohol with a meal but most of us did exactly that - hour before, hour after, or with bedtime instead and have still gotten girls that way.

9. Likes XXforhubby, Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My periods went from textbook 28 days and 4 day periods before I had my son. Once AF came back in January and I started LE and it has been 22-24 day cycles with 1.5-3 day super light periods. Not sure if it's the hormones or LE but I do wish it were a bit heavier, I can hardly wear a tampon and I can't help but feel like it's stopping me from conceiving. I am going on month 6 now.
    The most amazing little boy (2015)
    Coming August 2018!!

Thanks for everything Atomic and anyone else who answered any questions I had!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can assure you from firsthand experience that you CAN get pregnant with your period like that. I have ALWAYS had 3 day and fairly light periods and conceived all 5 of my kids with that length, and then in the month prior to when I conceived my daughter my period was barely there at all, a day of spotting and then a day of very light flow and then that was it.

I have had this reported to me from probably 1000 people by now, all of them in a state of panic and convinced that "my lining is not good" but then 999 of them got pregnant and the remaining one was starving themselves and wouldn't listen to reason.

The cure for this is always the trusty "one serving full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon if you like it and red meat if you don't per week". And you can drop fiber. I know it seems like a small change but it really works!

12. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast