Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 23rd, 2018 at 05:05 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes tons of people take ubiquinol while undergoing fertility treatment, fertility clinics suggest it all the time!

There are always websites out there who make their business terrifying women, unfortunately. But even the absolutely most dangerous medications (such as Retin A) only caused problems a fraction of the people who used it (and that, used DURING pregnancy and not in the 2ww) That medicine is Class C, meaning "risk cannot be ruled out" but at least one study done in 18,000 women using the medication, found no correlation between birth defects and clotrimazole. Over-the-Counter Medications in Pregnancy - American Family Physician

Yes, you can get pregnant with a yeast infection. They do not prevent implantation. And they are not harmful to pregnancy (trust me, we ALL get them during pregnancy which means that women have very likely always gotten them during pregnancy which means that if they harmed babies, the whole human race would have died out a long time ago!!) I am not sure where you're reading that they are harmful to unborn babies but that simply isn't so, and yeast actually lives in our vagina naturally all the time, it's only when it overgrows that it causes symptoms.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 23rd, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many people do not have pregnancy symptoms till they miss a period or later.

Yes I had a laugh at the Nystatin suggestion as I get questions terrified about taking that and wanting to use Clotrimazole instead at least once a week. They are both perfectly fine, the "risk Class C" category comes because they cannot ethically test things like that on pregnant women and thus can't rule out the risks.

Sometimes the first pregnancy is a walk in the park and subsequent ones have all the symptoms and struggles in them.

After ovuation, your cervix closes. Stuff can't go up there any more. And you start making hostile CM that prevents even tiny things from sneaking through. And, you make fluid in your Fallopian tube and uterus that would buffer it anyway. But let's say for the sake of argument that it can get up there. IF (and that is a BIG IF) it could contact the fertilized egg somehow in a high enough concentration to cause harm, what happens at that stage of gestation is...the ball of cells stops growing and/or cannot implant. The baby stops developing and then you have a chemical pregnancy. Things that you ingest early on are simply pass/fail - if the pregnancy is harmed at that point of development, it goes no further. It has been proven that there is a "window of birth defects" that occurs after the baby has implanted and begun to form its body parts. You are not even in that window yet.

7. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, but I did post the link to the article with the study where 18,000 women had used Clotrimazole and they found no increased risk of birth defects when compared to 32,000 other pregnant women. When they do animal studies they use way, way, way more than anyone would ever be exposed to.

You know, you don't have to treat yeast infections. It is ok not to. They do eventually clear up on their own, it's not a terribly fun period of time but they will go away as the healthy microbes regrow and the yeast population shrinks. You can use plain yogurt (the kind with active cultures in it) as a bit of a remedy, it's not as dramatic a cure as the medication is but it will rebalance the "good guys" and the yeast bugs will go away over the course of a few days.

Right, exactly, most would prefer a chemical to a later loss or the possibility of a child with health issues. But just to further reassure you, birth defects affect 3-5% of pregnancies and only 10% of THOSE are caused by exposure to harmful things. This 10% includes drugs that are proven harmful like Retin A, alcohol, smoking, pollutants like lead - all the big major things that we already know about. There is simply no way that clotrimazole or nystatin is causing some huge number of birth defects because firstly of course, if they were, they'd know that (it is not hard to figure out, if a baby has an issue and their mom used that medication) and secondly because we already know the causes of most birth defects and they are either easily avoidable (like not drinking during pregnancy) or completely unavoidable (just random mutations.) It is very, very unlikely that there is something out there in wide use that is secretly causing terrible malformations of children. Just doesn't make any sense!!

10. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But most are very minor things. One of my sons has spina bifida but it's so very mild it causes him no problems whatsoever. It is not so scary as it sounds.

It is very nervewracking, though, especially when you're vintage moms like we are. But the random things can strike anyone at any time. Just by living a healthy lifestyle, not smoking/drinking during pregnancy, you do soo much towards making sure you have a healthy baby.

13. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, he's fine. Thankfully the hole is very small (about the size of a pencil eraser) and sealed over on the inside by some sort of tissue (they didn't want to go poking around to find out LOL) so no bacteria can enter. The worst part is that he gets constipated really easily because those are the nerves that were affected but he's a very very physically active and athletic little guy. We were very lucky.

The funny thing is that they didn't find out!! I was the one who found it right after he was born and I kept showing it to doctor after doctor who didn't have any serious explanation other than "it's fine, don't worry about it", until finally I gave up and researched it on my own after we were discharged from the hospital, and then insisted that the pediatricians investigate it to make sure it wasn't open to the spine. Dr. Mom to the rescue.

That is normal to worry like that - it never really ends, either. This whole week my husband's (who is 48 years old) mother has been calling and calling him to make sure he doesn't look at the sun during the eclipse. We all do it though!!!

16. Thanks SoFullofHope thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast