Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So confused on opks

I have been taking CB digital OPKs since the end of my period. The first few days I got an empty circle and then quite a few blinking smileys. I've been testing around noon every day. This morning I decided to test with FMU since I was CD14 and having some cramps and got my first solid smiley. This was 7:30am. We weren't able to BD until 3:30pmz. I took another one around 6:30pm and got an empty circle again. I'm afraid I've missed this month somehow 😔 Does anyone have any experience or insight? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're not supposed to use those once you've gotten a solid smiley. If you did in fact ovulate then you got in a good attempt. If not then you could have gotten a pos because you used fmu. With those OPKs you're supposed to use them in the afternoon since that's when LH typically peaks. FMU can cause false pos since it's so concentrated.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm confused. Are you using the cb dual hormone digis? You've mentioned flashing and solid smileys but also said you were testing around noon prior to this morning? The cb dual hormone digis which have flashing and solid smileys specify to use fmu. You can only start testing more than once a day after you get a flashing smiley. Also if you got a solid smiley they stay fixed on the screen for 48 hours so you cant test again until that time has passed? Its great you got an attempt in though! If in doubt - dtd

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pbn3; September 11th, 2017 at 05:47 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I'm using the digital ones. The directions stated that they could be used anytime of day but to test the same time every day. I was getting anxious bc my dh was leaving town for work and I hadn't gotten a solid smiley yet so I decided to test with fmu when I woke up at 8am. I've been having OV pains on and off so could tell I was hoovering ovulation. I tested again using a different monitor at post attempt at around 7pm and got an empty circle. I also used cheapies and the line was hardly visible. I'm pretty sure it had been at least four hours since I used the bathroom. Just so confused lol!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also wanted to mention I got 6 days of flashing smileys prior to the solid one ☺️

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry blushing my notifications have stopped working yep I've had as little as one and as many as five days of flashing smileys when using digis. But your solid smiley should have stayed on the screen for 48 hours? Did you use a different tester when you took the one around 6.30pm and it was an empty circle? When registering a 'new' cycle (after solid smiley) the first test will always be an open circle as the tester needs an initial reading to start from.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which the tests go negative do not predict if you've ovulated yet or not. You can have a negative test and still have yet to ovulate, or it can stay positive even after O. All the tests track is the hormone in your system and not if you actaully Oed or not. Plus, just like KS mentions, many of the Clearblues (by design) stop working after you get your solid, since it figures "welp I told them about the surge, now I can chill for the rest of the month"

I think you were in with a well timed attempt and sending you tons of pink sticky dust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Blushingbaby thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blushing, just to be on the safe side, why don't you guys start having attempts every 4 days after this?? That way if O is delayed, you'll still have an attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Blushingbaby thanked for this post