Thread: Giving up :(

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Giving up :(

Wondering if anyone is in or has been in the same boat. I can’t even tell anymore how long I’ve been on the diet but it’s been a year and a half since my first pregnancy loss and was doing LE straight after that loss. I’ve lost 3 pregnancies all for different reasons with the same outcome and have went back on it right after each loss. The losses were random in nature. Right now I’m 2 and a half weeks after my third loss and currently ttc doing e4d as I want to conceive first cycle, since each of my other losses I ended up waiting 5 and 6 months for each, doing LE those months until bfp. I don’t know why after this loss and this past 2 weeks, I just absolutely cannot get my LE schedule together. I’m just hungry. And emotional and want to eat. I’m trying to so so badly just make the most of my diet since I pray this will be the pregnancy that sticks, but every day I’m ready to just chuck it out the window and eat when and what I want but I know I’ll be mad at myself if I didn’t at least Give it a shot. I gained 3 lb straight from Bfp just from eating a bit more and instead of losing them I’ve gained one more since my loss. I’ve had days where I did great and ate healthily and in the limits, but I’ve had way more days this past two weeks of going over fat because I just want sweet food. Like today I thought I did great. My meals went perfect but when I came home exhausted after a long day and evening of Christmas light walk after dinner with the family, I ate a cream cheese sandwich On a whole loaf of pita (I just felt like cream cheese, comfort food!) had a salad kit mix of spinach kale carrot etc (“super food mix”), like 8 vegetable crackers and then an oriental chocolate bar bought at a market place that which after I ate it, I was so upset to realize it had 39 grams of fat! Thirty nine! Wanted to cry I didn’t even think that would be possible. The night felt like a binge as it was. Needless to say my diets done for the day as I had a few things after my lunch too as a snack, I thought it would be ok since I craved it and had a good lunch and didn’t expect my evening to Go that way. I literally told myself while
    Eating “I just don’t care” but I do. I want to give up I don’t feel like I can do it any more �� I wish I could push myself to be stronger just once more, and wish I would get pregnant asap. I’m not sure this is a question, more of a vent. I just want a healthy pregnancy and hopefully a pink bean, I’m upset with
    Myself at the moment how can I make up for the diet the last two weeks since my loss if I can’t get back on track. If I got pregnant this cycle I don’t think I’ll have my chance at my girl
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; January 3rd, 2019 at 12:29 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. I didn’t have the best sway (no exercise) and I definitely didn’t stick to any limits but I did go vegetarian (as did DH) and still got a girl. I ate a ton of salads, fruits and veggies but also sweets and fries, etc. I’m not saying that not eating meat did it for me, but I knew I couldn’t keep track of my food, and if I did it would cause more stress than it was worth so I think going vegetarian was best for my [swaying] mental health. Hope you get a sticky pink bean soon! Fx

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to read you’re feeling so down. I think I would be feeling the same given the length of time on the diet and your painful losses, for which I’m really sorry for.

Don’t beat yourself up about the snacks and cheats, I’m pretty sure Atomic actually encourages the odd cheat and given your mood I think it was totally justified. Remember you always have a chance of pink... it’s not like swaying is an ‘on-off’ switch. Millions of women have daughters without following this diet.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I began my girl sway journey in January 2015. My dd is about to turn 1! This is a link to my sway which began way back in Jan 2015!!! I wish you the best of luck and miracles do and can happen!! I too went through 3 to losses prior to my unintentional sticky rainbow beautiful baby

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Blessedbymybabies liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, what I prefer you guys do is simply gradually relax over time (and not stick to LE during the months off) to prevent this kind of burnout but in the here and now I don't think you're going to be able to do that.

Let's just have you go vegetarian. No more counting calories, protein, fat. Just go vegetarian and leave it at that. We still have good results with vegetarian diets.

And you don't ever need to "make up for" cheating. That sets you up for a binge, purge cycle where you try to overdeprive yourself and then you can't stick with it and end up eating everything you can get your hands on. I want you guys to cheat and then let it go and move on, never try to make up for cheats.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Blessedbymybabies liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats the funny thing, my way of swaying is completely different as time goes than it was when I first started and learning the rules. I think it is much more relaxed as i learned, and now I got down how to do it. I think another thing worth mentioning is that alot of my cheats tend to be for dinner too, Like I have had chicken a few times this week. I miss meats and althought i have a little here and there I try to go for chicken or salmon when I just need to get full. I think my meals mostly vegetable based are just not cutting it after a year. I think whats hard for me to do is go straight veggie all the time as I feel thats 80% of what I have been consuming the past year. I have a hard time getting my protien without going to meats. If I can get that under control, and go straight veggetarian but still get full and good amount of protien, Ill be good. I think im not doing this right anymore.

Can you suggest to me things other than chicken (one of the "safer" cheats as I read?) I can go for dinner alongside my other foods.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a lot of meat substitutes and most of the time DH had no clue, DS never figured it out lol.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If going vegetarian will not be easier for you, then don't go vegetarian.

I would have you do fish or shellfish 2x a week, white meat chicken/turkey, any kind of processed meats like hot dogs, lunch meat, bacon. Pork is next. Then as the last options, dark meat chicken and red meat.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you!! Today my diet has been much much better even having a “vegetarian” day I was able to incorporate beans in my dinner which help. I’ve come to realize I love beans of all kinds so I think that will help with my protein so I stocked up when I grocery shopped today. I felt full! That is okay right? I think I will have to accept that I’m going to have some slip up days like yesterday and feel bad which made me create this post, and then good days. I’m going to try my best to go vegetarian and least on the days I can, it can’t hurt even if it’s not every day. and just make sure I don’t go crazy on fat from sweets. Skipping breakfast and not snacking during the day is still not an issue for me so I will keep at it. (I will snack with meals after I am done) When I feel The days I can’t take the hunger I will take your advice and do as you just said below especially when it comes to fish and meat It helps to know what to go for first, and how much and what should be absolute last, which I wouldn’t go for at all. I really appreciate this!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes beans are fine and it's fine to feel full. I made LE Diet to be an easy diet, since it makes NO SENSE to me that when no one in the world is walking around eating nothing but cranberries and rice cakes, that that is what is required to get a baby girl. Just remember most people get boys and girls without deliberately changng their diet at all.

You're doing great! Keep it up!

15. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post