Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diagnosed with Adenomyosis.

Sorry I ment to post under general but posted here instead.

Has anyone had this disease? I had never heard of it. Its like endometriosis but it attacks the muscle of your uterus. My doctor said if I want another kid I need to do it asap. He recommended a hysterectomy. There isn't much information on people my age 28, with this and getting pregnant. I know it makes it more likely to have a second or third trimester loss and that scares the crap out of me!

I'm feeling so discouraged. I have been saving up money to do ivf for a girl but its so expensive. I will have enough money when I sell my extra car but it isn't selling as quick as I hoped. I have two awesome boys from failed sways.

Idk what to do! I probably won't be able to get ivf until May than it sounds like I will need 3 months of lupron to make it more likely I can conceive before my FET.

Im torn between holding out for ivf and just trying naturally. I feel like we have a 80% of another boy because dh family hasnt had a girl in 65 years. The longer I wait the more the disease spreads and the less likely I can carry a pregnancy to term. From what I understand.

If you guys were in my shoes what would you do? Im worried if we try naturally and its a boy I will forever regret not doing ivf and maybe even resent him a little. I know that sounds so horrible but I hope you guys understand. I feel like I have a time clock ticking down my fertility and I need to decide asap. Its stressing mdme out. No one understands what I'm going through so I don't have anyone to talk to.
    Last edited by Etreintedouce; October 18th, 2017 at 05:37 PM.
    ttc our first baby May 2014!!

Failed sway resulted in an adorable baby boy. Perfect in every way
    Failed sway with another cute boy May 2016.
    Trying HT Feb, 2018 Hopefully it works!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If I were in your shoes and your finances allow it, I would absolutely pursue the HT option for a girl. Like you, I had 2 failed girl sways before going HT and I've never looked back or regretted my decision. You are young and have a very high chance of finding success with ivf.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a whole private HT section on this site which is filled with tons of info to help you wrap your head around the whole process. Most of us HT ladies only tend to be active over there. I highly recommend becoming a Dream Member to access this info as well as other members ivf cycles. Good luck with whatever path you choose to take
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. What a terrible predicament to be in. Like nicoler, I also got a sway opposite and while I love my boys with all my heart, I don't think I have it in me to sway again. We're hoping to do HT for a girl because neither my husband nor I want to experience GD again. I think you have to ask yourself, do you want another baby or do you want a daughter? Would you rather do HT (success or not) or sway and have a boy or no baby at all? You need to be brutally honest with yourself. I think that will help you in your decision. Best of luck to you.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m so sorry to see yet another sufferer endure the pain that the disease brings. You’re only 28 yet forced to rush into decisions you didn’t think you had to make
    Endometriosis, in all its forms, is terrible – how were you diagnosed? Did you have a laparoscopy to confirm the extent of the disease?
    Did your doctor advise of what could be done to help a baby stick if you were to try naturally? (and as the ladies said, I think knowing what matters the most – is a baby, of any gender, and quickly, or definitely a girl what you need to feel at peace? This will likely guide your answer depending on what options your Dr is giving you).
    Any fertility treatment has potential to flare up the disease, so the best option is likely to be the one that will get you pregnant asap- that may be IVF - so that would give you your girl if you had a successful IVF cycle. Did you fall pregnant easily for your boys?
    Looking at the costs of one cycle (potentially with gender selection), maybe work out how much you would need for at least a cycle, maybe two. Then depending on timeframe to get that money, it could be worthwhile getting the shot to stop your cycle while you get to the “ready to start trying IVF” stage to avoid further progression of the adenomyosis – which seems to be pretty aggressive, I would think, considering your doctor is suggesting a hysterectomy.

I have endometriosis, and whilst a hysterectomy is not yet on the cards for me, we did have trouble conceiving our first two girls – and the doc wanted me to have induced menopause (I’ve had 2 laparoscopies at this stage) – but we decided to try for #3 instead, which happened after only a couple of cycles – swayed blue so credit my fertility changes to the HE diet – but a third little girl made her way!
    So sending you all my sympathy, pink dust and luck – hope it all falls into place quickly for you so you can have a happy, healthy baby, and even better, a healthy baby girl at the end of this journey.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 25 and was diagnosed with this this year, although I wasn't told I need to hurry up or anything along those lines.

I feel your pain though, it's scary.
    Due a GIRL October 2018 after swaying pink! thank you so much genderdreaming!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If I were in your shoes and your finances allow it, I would absolutely pursue the HT option for a girl. Like you, I had 2 failed girl sways before going HT and I've never looked back or regretted my decision. You are young and have a very high chance of finding success with ivf.
    Thank you. I hope your pregnancy goes very smooth and has no issues! How many eggs did you transfer? I used to be a dream member when I purchased my sway for my first. I wish. I had paid more attention to the HT board. I might join again, I haven't decided yet.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I feel like I don't have it in me to sway again either. I don't just want a baby, I want a girl. Even though I would love another boy just as much as I do my other two. I think I would regret not trying HT and always thinking what if. I don't want to go my whole life regretting not trying it. My heart is telling me to try HT and if it fails it fails. If I can't be almost 100% sure the next baby will be a girl than I don't want another baby. Its just scary to go from thinking I had years to decide to I need to decide asap.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was diagnosed through ultrasound. The doctor and ultrasound tech both said its rare to be able to diagnose through ultrasound. Than while getting the ultrasound the lady kept looking at me sad and saying im way to young to have this. She of coarse wasn't aloud to tell me what she saw but by the way she was acting I knew it wasn't good. My doctor sent me an email before going out of town confirming that's what it is and wanting me to come back on the 26th to discuss what else to do. I know he wanted to do a laparoscopy before the ultrasound, so I am guessing that is the next step.

I did fall pregnant easy with both my boys. First try with both! It wasn't that long ago so I'm hoping to get pregnant easy again. My uterus is so swollen and painful that it is definitely making me feel like I need to hurry. It is significantly worse than after I had my second son and he is only a year and a half. I luckily am already in contact with a fertility doctor in another state. I sent them the findings from the ultrasound now im just waiting for a reply on what he thinks I should do. I think I will feel a little better after having a plan.

Were going to look into switching our medical insurance to a higher plan. Right now my family deductible is 10k and won't cover any ivf. I'm thinking with travel my IVF will be about 15k. We can't afford to pay a 15k loan than 10k deductible (assuming I get pregnant) I am a SAHM. My hubby goes to work at 5am and doesn't get home until 7pm. So it makes it almost impossible to get a job. So the pinky way we will be able to afford it is to sell my car. The problem I'm running into is its a rear wheel drive convertible and its going to start snowing soon. I think I will have more luck selling it in spring. So I will be anxiously waiting and hoping I sell it.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear you have Endo. Its good you were able to conceive though! Sending you my sympathy and blue dust. I wish baby's were more like food. Here you can only make strawberry, I can only make blueberrys lets switch! Lol. Good luck with everything.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no im so sorry you were diagnosed with this also. I hope your sway works! Good luck tons of pink baby dust for you. <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast