Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Am I ruining my sway and doing the opposite-HELP.

Hope someone can help....!!

When I conceived my boys (7 and 3) I was at a healthy weight (not thin and not big) just right. My body was quite compact and nice flat (ish) stomach. I also pretty much followed the boy diet, lean protein, lots and lots of fruit, veg, nuts. Alot of variety and I cook from scratch - never processed food. The only diary I had then was milk in my 5 cups of tea/coffee daily. I also got pregnant for both on 1st attempt.

Now during the last 2 years, (due to lifestyle and maybe age 36 now) I have gone up 2 dress sizes from a 10/12 to 14 (uk). My chest size has increased from 34B to 36DD, and I have become bloated and very flabby esp my belly and upper arms with cellulite!! We tried to get pregnant for 5 months last year without success Nov-mar. I only did the basic swaying of cranberry and cal/mag and clomid for one of the cycles. Then took a break.

We are attempting again this month as I am on clomid for this cycle (DH wants this over with). I have been on the low everything for the last month and given up meat, fish, eggs etc, no fruit and basic vegetables but I'm having lots of milky tea as I can't get through the day by eating so little and it helps stretch it out. The only supps I am taking are pro-biotics, (and kefir) and cranberry, folic acid. I am also working out 5 times a week during cardio and bootcamp for the past 4 weeks to help with the weight loss. Yet I feel healthier and better then I have in ages. my mood has improved, I feel good about myself due to loosing weight and suspect my T levels have gone up as a result.

Now my worry (and it just occured to me) is that I think I may have already been in the girl zone before this low everything diet as I wasn't getting pregnant and started have anovulatory cycles. I was just feeling so spaced out all the time. Now as I have seen a sudden drop in belly fat and I am no longer bloated and I worry I am going back in the boy zone towards a healthy weight and being fertile again. Am I making any sense? How should I proceed? I can't waste this month as I'm on clomid which I also worry will sway blue by helping with fertility. I have 2 weeks till my attempt!!!!!!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think that even if you´re on the same weight as when you conceived your boys, the weight loss sways pink.
    I think you´re doing great with that workout, if you could do it also on the sixth day (or run/do a cardio DVD) that would be perfect.
    You might have been in girl zone Nov-March but that doesn´t mean you can´t be in girl zone now as well, plus you have to conceive to get your DD.
    And I think the Clomid sway pink aswell, so to me it looks like a great sway, I would go ahead this month. Good luck!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Indira.
    I'll try and do 6 days for the next 2 weeks. I think I'll just continue and go for it this month then it's out of my hands.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean. I lost 3st before our attempt but I felt good about it too - and I did wonder whether I'd actually improved my fertility by getting my weight at a healthier level. I was overweight before, but I was overweight when I conceived the boys too!

I would definitely try to up the exercise (or even drop it all together!) - are you finding that you're toned and muscley or still wobbly (sorry!) because it's not really what you're doing but what your body does with it that matters and you won't to decrease the amount of muscle you have to lower testosterone.

That aside, I think you can feel good about your sway with the weight loss and the Clomid working for you and I agree with your DH that you should get pregnant ASAP and get it over with!! Good luck x

Oh - just an idea, maybe drop the milky tea between now and your attempt to make sure your blood sugar levels stay low. Would you consider drinking diet coke/pepsi and/or chewing sugar free gum between meals instead?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks Zanacal, thats a great idea substituting the tea with diet coke and gum, will start tomorrow. I'm still flabby but its all reduced a bit. I have no idea if I'm building muscle here but I'm hoping not eating enough and no protein will help shrink muscles even with working out.

I said earlier I would try to go gym 6 days next two weeks but I can't, i'm struggling with 5 days but keep going as have 2 days off on weekend.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    spidy, I have wondered about this myself at times and I wish I had a solid answer. The only thing I can say is that I just don't know. The best data I have at my disposal says that weight loss, being at a lower weight to begin with, lowering T and E (which you do when you lose weight), lowering blood sugar levels, and the LE style diet will sway pink for everyone. I do totally understand your concern and it is one I share, but the evidence that I have point in the direction that you have to be a LOT bigger than size 14 before your weight really impacts your fertility. Your fertility as a couple could have been lowered for a lot of reasons (5 months isn't terribly long to try anyway) and I just don't think that size 14 is considered "obese" by any standards. You could be absolutely right and you were "set pink" this time to begin with, but that doesn't mean that the diet won't sway even pinker for you, KWIM???

Clomid sways pink, I am 1,000,000% convinced of it. It boosts fertility by causing more than one egg to be released BUT at the same time reduces fertility by making CM hostile and lowering estrogen levels. net result - pink, and this is supported by scientific research as well. I actually believe that Clomid sways pinker than it appears to because a lot of the women who are prescribed Clomid are PCOS and may be higher in T levels and also blood sugar than the average person. If I was swaying pink I'd be thrilled to be prescribed Clomid.

Personally, I think you are doing exactly right and I would carry on doing just what you're doing. The only thing I would like to see different is that I owuld like you to be exercising more, 6-7 days a week, for at least an hour a day. (PS - I think intense exercise with weight loss on a low-everything diet is the best pink sway of them all.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    thanks Zanacal, thats a great idea substituting the tea with diet coke and gum, will start tomorrow. I'm still flabby but its all reduced a bit. I have no idea if I'm building muscle here but I'm hoping not eating enough and no protein will help shrink muscles even with working out.

I said earlier I would try to go gym 6 days next two weeks but I can't, i'm struggling with 5 days but keep going as have 2 days off on weekend.
    Even if you can't exercise more, you are totally right that losing weight on a LE style diet will still sway pink. Maybe not quite as strongly, but still pink.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks K, you are amazing!!! You have such a way with words. I feel more positive and better. One thing I want to mention. I went to for my u/s appointment with my ob/gyn and as usual I started asking him if he had any 'tips'. He's never mentioned it in 4 years but yesterday he gave a big sigh (he's had enough of me asking this) and said I was already swaying due to acidity and my special pill, (I nearly choked as he never tells). Then he said its only a theory but he believes it!!!!!
    So you are right (as usual) :-)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh the only problem is I went for a 6k run/walk 3 x this week but I felt so light headed as I'm so hungry!!! today at the gym I had a headache too!! Basically, I woke up, went to gym, waited an hour till 10am and then ate only an egg white omelette. Waited 3 hours then had a small bowl of pasta and nothing till dinner!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    Thanks K, you are amazing!!! You have such a way with words. I feel more positive and better. One thing I want to mention. I went to for my u/s appointment with my ob/gyn and as usual I started asking him if he had any 'tips'. He's never mentioned it in 4 years but yesterday he gave a big sigh (he's had enough of me asking this) and said I was already swaying due to acidity and my special pill, (I nearly choked as he never tells). Then he said its only a theory but he believes it!!!!!
    So you are right (as usual) :-)
    That's really interesting, that's for letting me know!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast