Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

failed sway - success after?

Hi,
    Has anyone on the board had a failed sway and then a successful sway after that? Or do some go HT? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 failed sways (1 InGender and the other LE) and that was the end of my swaying days. I went HT after that for #3. If HT hadn't worked for me I likely would not have pursued having more children.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nicoler - thanks. So maybe some of us are just prone to one gender regardless of sway? After HT are you happy with it all? In either case it’s just a hard decision. I worry that with HT, baby arrives and something happens in the far future it would be my fault for doing HT in first place. Did you go through this too? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a LE sway opposite with DS3 and while I love him dearly, I don't think I'd sway again. At the end of the day, it's a gamble and it's one I don't feel comfortable taking. I do believe swaying can work but for me I need that guarantee HT can give me. I think that's what it boils down to. Are you willing to take that risk? Are you totally okay with having a boy or do you know deep down you only want a girl? I think NBP said it once but the real question is when deciding between HT and swaying is, do you want another baby or do you just want a daughter? Those are the tough questions we have to ask ourselves.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ksmom said it perfectly and that was exactly where I was at before I went HT. It's been a long, heartbreaking and very expensive road for me but even at my lowest point I didn't regret going this route. I needed that guarantee. It's been a bit over 2 years since I started working with HRC and after 2 retrievals and 2 failed transfers I'm now 18 weeks pregnant with my DD.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes ksmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't worry about birth defects any more than I did with my natural pregnancies. The only embryos that are transferred are known to be chromosomally normal and obscure genetic or other conditions can just as easily arise in a natural conception.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I had a failed Shettles sway with DS 3 and then a failed IG sway (with some LE elements but I was only just starting to do research then) with DS 4. Got a girl with my next try.

Several people have had opposites and then gotten success. One big thing I do with all sway opposites is have them switch from the standard LE Diet to the alternate one that is better for people with tendencies towards developing PCOS.

Here's my essay on coming back from a sway opposite. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ys-attack.html

Here's the thread that has the alternate form of LE Diet in it http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    I don't worry about birth defects any more than I did with my natural pregnancies. The only embryos that are transferred are known to be chromosomally normal and obscure genetic or other conditions can just as easily arise in a natural conception.
    if anything you can worry less about that since they are tested and found to be chromosomally normal at least for the things doctors know to test for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boyshopping View Post
    Hi Nicoler - thanks. So maybe some of us are just prone to one gender regardless of sway? After HT are you happy with it all? In either case it’s just a hard decision. I worry that with HT, baby arrives and something happens in the far future it would be my fault for doing HT in first place. Did you go through this too? Thanks
    Swaying is like an iceberg. You know the way an iceberg has this little tip sticking up out of the water and then there's like this huge mass under the water that no one can see? Well that's what swaying is. The little piece above the water. We do what we can to affect our results but there's so much going on that we cannot see, plus a huge element of luck involved, that it can never be a guarantee, no way, no how. All we can do is focus on doing what has worked for most people most of the time.

I will say this - if HT is an option, do it NOW. Don't sway first and then think "well maybe if this doesn't work I'll do HT next time through" Because your odds do NOT improve with time and waiting 3-4 years between kiddos (which tends to be about how long it takes) is only going to hurt your chances in the long run.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I had a LE sway opposite with DS3 and while I love him dearly, I don't think I'd sway again. At the end of the day, it's a gamble and it's one I don't feel comfortable taking. I do believe swaying can work but for me I need that guarantee HT can give me. I think that's what it boils down to. Are you willing to take that risk? Are you totally okay with having a boy or do you know deep down you only want a girl? I think NBP said it once but the real question is when deciding between HT and swaying is, do you want another baby or do you just want a daughter? Those are the tough questions we have to ask ourselves.
    A question I like to ask people is "what feels worse - walking away with no baby and no money or walking away with an opposite?" Comparing the worst case scenarios is sometimes beneficial, because everyone in their right minds would say "oh yeah I totally want a daughter of course". But the unfortunate truth is that it's entirely possible with IVF to end up not pregnant and with the money spent. Personally I couldn't do that and I felt better about an opposite. Other people might have a different take on it and that's why it's so good to ask yourself the questions and really think about how you would feel in that situation.

14. Likes nicoler, SoFullofHope liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast