Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The first thing we need to do is have you add in a serving of full fat dairy, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it, and red meat if you don't. (you may already be doing this, but continue or even increase a little) and drop fiber.

NO I do not want you to take Clomid EARLIER. What is happening here is that the Clomid, which blocks estrogen, has been too effective and blocked too much estrogen, plus you were dieting and may have cut back too far, so when it came time for your body to make the secondary estrogen surge, you ran out of raw materials and/or the Clomid blocked estrogen production. At 7 DPO when the corpus luteum started to break down, your body couldn't make that boost of estrogen it needed to keep the lining going another week and your lining began to come off.

SOO what we need to do is NOT start Clomid early, we need to start it later to allow your body a little time to start the normal production of estrogen . This actually helps us on the "OMG when to start Clomid" issue too, because we CANNOT have you start Clomid 7 DPO without a reliable pregnancy test, since you can have bleeding in early pregnancy and you must not under any circumstances start Clomid without taking a pregnancy test first. So I would have you wait till 5 days after this bleeding has started (that is, unless you have ANOTHER bleed when AF is due!!) and take a pregnancy test and the Clomid that day.

If you do have another bleed starting when AF is due then that may indicate the first bleed wasn't really AF and you shouldn't start the Clomid, in that case. If you already started the Clomid and have another bleed then take another pregnancy test just to be on the safest side.
    Thank you atomic. I do all those things, and dropped finer about a month or more ago but my weight loss doesn’t seem to be stopping & I am feeling really fatigued. I don’t know how to up it. I read another thread about adding empty white carbs to add weight, can you give me some ideas? I have been a no sugar person nor processed food eater for so many years I am actually clueless.

With regard to taking the Clomid what happens if the bleeding continues until af is due & beyond, how do I know when to start Clomid again, my period is due Monday & my AF usually lasts at least 5-6 full days so will extend beyond then?
    Should I use a frer now?
    Again Monday or Tuesday?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't bother with FRER now. It's very unlikely you'd get a positive even if you're pregnant.

I want you to wait 5 days from now (so we assume this is Cycle Day One unless something happens that makes us think that is not the case) and then take a pregnancy test and start the Clomid that day. So then instead of taking it days 1-5 or 3-7 you would take it 5-9.

The only thing I am concerned about is if this bleeding stops or really trails off a lot, and then you get a "real" AF when it is due on CD 14 (so you would have taken Clomid for 2 days before in that case, IF the bleeding has continued and seemed like an actual period) I think that is extremely unlikely. It's much more likely that a) this is actually AF, arriving early or b) that if this is some sort of weird spotting, it is going to be glaringly obvious that it is not AF and you'll know in advance whether or not to start the Clomid in 5 days' time.

Eat ANYTHING. Anything that sounds good to you. We have to get a handle on the weight loss because you are not going to get pregnant. EVen things that feel "forbidden". We can't have you losing any more weight.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't bother with FRER now. It's very unlikely you'd get a positive even if you're pregnant.

I want you to wait 5 days from now (so we assume this is Cycle Day One unless something happens that makes us think that is not the case) and then take a pregnancy test and start the Clomid that day. So then instead of taking it days 1-5 or 3-7 you would take it 5-9.

The only thing I am concerned about is if this bleeding stops or really trails off a lot, and then you get a "real" AF when it is due on CD 14 (so you would have taken Clomid for 2 days before in that case, IF the bleeding has continued and seemed like an actual period) I think that is extremely unlikely. It's much more likely that a) this is actually AF, arriving early or b) that if this is some sort of weird spotting, it is going to be glaringly obvious that it is not AF and you'll know in advance whether or not to start the Clomid in 5 days' time.

Eat ANYTHING. Anything that sounds good to you. We have to get a handle on the weight loss because you are not going to get pregnant. EVen things that feel "forbidden". We can't have you losing any more weight.
    I think I get it, but my real AF is due in only 3 days (today is CD 25) as I’m due on CD28, that’s what will be confusing as Im so close to being due. Bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping.
    So do FRER CD28 & take clomid that night if -ve, as that will be 5 days from now. Yesterday afternoon was only spotting when I wiped. Today (CD25) has been bleeding onto liner, so am I right to assume this as CD1?

Keep the no breakfast & no snacking, and exercise daily, but just eat whatever with limited protein still?
    Salt & vinegar chips sound good right now & always!

EDIT: Lunchtimes addition of corn chips were so yummy in my mexican chicken salad, and the cream bun was outrageous

Last edited by emshe; March 22nd, 2018 at 10:07 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exact same thing has happened to me on Femara! I think I am 8 or 9dpo and AF seemed to have just started.

However, this is my third post partum period and my last luteal phase was only 7 or 8 days so it has lengthened by one day.

I ovulated on day 16/17 with Femara though (this was my first cycle) and it was day 23/24 naturally so Femara has moved it forward a few days.

Atomic - should I do the same? Wait until cd 5 to take Femara or just take it on day 3 as per last month? Thanks so much for your advice.

For the record, when ttc my last baby, I had the same thing - luteal phase lengthened by a day each month until it got to 9 days long and then I got pregnant. So maybe it is just what my body does - it likes to take its times to restore regularity!

I have been eating hardly any dairy though so will add some back in. I will also add a bit more protein as again - have been mainly vegan and empty carbs. I have also been having a glass of wine a night and two/ three coffees a day.

Thanks for any advice ladies and best of luck!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    I think I get it, but my real AF is due in only 3 days (today is CD 25) as I’m due on CD28, that’s what will be confusing as Im so close to being due. Bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping.
    So do FRER CD28 & take clomid that night if -ve, as that will be 5 days from now. Yesterday afternoon was only spotting when I wiped. Today (CD25) has been bleeding onto liner, so am I right to assume this as CD1?

Keep the no breakfast & no snacking, and exercise daily, but just eat whatever with limited protein still?
    Salt & vinegar chips sound good right now & always!

EDIT: Lunchtimes addition of corn chips were so yummy in my mexican chicken salad, and the cream bun was outrageous

Most of my previous instructions were for if you stopped bleeding, like this was only for a day or two and then a more normal AF came in a few days.

The thing we're trying to avoid is taking Clomid when you are pregnant. So on CD 5, yes, take the pregnancy test and the Clomid that night if the test is negative.. It will still be 2 days before real AF is due but the vast majority of people will get a positive test by 12 DPO. And if you feel like it isn't a real AF, if it's lighter or barely there, then obviously we will revisit this. And if you DO get bleeding (or more bleeding, like a fresh flow) on the day real AF is due, take another pregnancy test and see if it's positive. If it is, stop the Clomid. If it isn't, continue.

The chances that you're pregnant AND having this bleed now AND that it won't register on 12 DPO is really quite small and I feel comfortable with you starting the Clomid 12 DPO with a negative test...if YOU do. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, totally cool, we can just try naturally this month also, your call to make.

Keep no breakfast (but feel free to add it in if you need anohter meal to get enough calories), keep no snacking (I prefer you to simply add in a meal instead of snacking all day!!), keep exercise, up calories but try to keep protein and fat to 50-60 g. I think you're on the alternate diet as well, right? So you will likely benefit from adding in SOME empty carbs or even sugar, just don't go overboard, still focus on whole grains, fruit, and veg and then use empty carbs as a braking mechanism on the weight loss.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Manchester, yes, I want you to do exactly what I've described for Emshe to do! So glad you spotted this!!!

Yes yes please add in 1 serving full fat dairy every day and 4-6 eggs a week if you can.

7. Thanks ManchesterMrs thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of my previous instructions were for if you stopped bleeding, like this was only for a day or two and then a more normal AF came in a few days.

The thing we're trying to avoid is taking Clomid when you are pregnant. So on CD 5, yes, take the pregnancy test and the Clomid that night if the test is negative.. It will still be 2 days before real AF is due but the vast majority of people will get a positive test by 12 DPO. And if you feel like it isn't a real AF, if it's lighter or barely there, then obviously we will revisit this. And if you DO get bleeding (or more bleeding, like a fresh flow) on the day real AF is due, take another pregnancy test and see if it's positive. If it is, stop the Clomid. If it isn't, continue.

The chances that you're pregnant AND having this bleed now AND that it won't register on 12 DPO is really quite small and I feel comfortable with you starting the Clomid 12 DPO with a negative test...if YOU do. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, totally cool, we can just try naturally this month also, your call to make.

Keep no breakfast (but feel free to add it in if you need anohter meal to get enough calories), keep no snacking (I prefer you to simply add in a meal instead of snacking all day!!), keep exercise, up calories but try to keep protein and fat to 50-60 g. I think you're on the alternate diet as well, right? So you will likely benefit from adding in SOME empty carbs or even sugar, just don't go overboard, still focus on whole grains, fruit, and veg and then use empty carbs as a braking mechanism on the weight loss.
    Grateful atomic!

I really think it’s AF, yesterday CD1 it was medium, today CD2 is very heavy. That’s my normal pattern. Tomorrow will likely be super heavy again. Then a couple of medium days.

Will test Monday & take if negative. Thinking this, or next is it for me. It’s coming up to 3 years on this Dream & I’ve got to get back to living. Is E4D my best option this time too?

Yes I’m on the fertility diet so have been using potatoes & white rice as the carbs. Sorry I’m so naive but I’ve been so set in my ways with healthy low gi for years that empty carbs are foreign to me, is that things like white bread and baked goods? I had a biscuit, crisps and some corn chips yesterday? Are those ok or go for more bread? Feel free to send me a long distance forehead slap!!!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Grateful atomic!

I really think it’s AF, yesterday CD1 it was medium, today CD2 is very heavy. That’s my normal pattern. Tomorrow will likely be super heavy again. Then a couple of medium days.

Will test Monday & take if negative. Thinking this, or next is it for me. It’s coming up to 3 years on this Dream & I’ve got to get back to living. Is E4D my best option this time too?

Yes I’m on the fertility diet so have been using potatoes & white rice as the carbs. Sorry I’m so naive but I’ve been so set in my ways with healthy low gi for years that empty carbs are foreign to me, is that things like white bread and baked goods? I had a biscuit, crisps and some corn chips yesterday? Are those ok or go for more bread? Feel free to send me a long distance forehead slap!!!

I find white bread, cream crackers, crumpets really good as empty carbs, plus pop tarts!

Stay positive - I am sure it will happen for you soon hun.

Thanks for the advice atomic! x

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush, emshe thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep eating potatoes and white rice, but yes, add in some white flour/sugar foods (don't go overboard here). Corn chips are fine. Whatever you like and enjoy.

13. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomorrow is POAS day, if AF doesn't come before then.

Still zero signs of pregnancy.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast