Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New 2018 Clomid AND Femara support threads!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Once we start moving the attempts that much closer together I don't like it because it may sway blue and it doesn't really even up odds of conception much anyway (you often end up with just one attempt in fertile window anyway) I much prefer the regular e4d attempts plus an attempt at pos OPK for better chances of conception.

I'm not necessarily advocating SMEP, it's really more of a last ditch effort. People will eventually get preggo on e4d plus one but SMEP may make it happen sooner, rather than later, that's all.
    Thank you atomic, good to know.
    I feel comfy with e4d but I think an attempt is already falling on morning AFTER likely positive opk (based on last cycle- but day after positive opk ov pain & temp suggested that to be ovulation day)

So in this scenario where E4d is due on morning after positive opk Do we attempt 2xBD am & pm? Or am I better to do night of positive opk & morning after? Night of positive would be only 60 hours since last E4D attempt. In case ovulation does occur the day after positive opk?

Sorry for all the questions, not sure if it’s a bit confusing!?

Hubby also had an accident today, plant caused major chemical burns to the eyes so has been put on antibiotic & anaesethic drops as well as codeine/paracetamol. Are these girl sway ok?

Agh!!!!
    I hope you have a lovely weekend atomic

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b
    Last edited by emshe; March 31st, 2018 at 07:35 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morning after positive OPK is within the window to conceive. In that case what you would do is have attempt the night of positive OPK and then again the next day sometime. That's fine and would be e4d plus one.

Please stop worrying about the number of hours it is. Do e4d and then stick in another attempt whenever the positive OPK comes while continuing with the e4d pattern. You do not know when you ovulate in correlation to the OPK, the temp dip, or the O pains and sitting around counting the hours or doing complex math problems trying to figure out how many hours it is, is the exact type of "control freak" thinking I want you guys to avoid. Do e4d plus one more attempt at pos OPK and then stop thinking about it all together, just put it on autopilot.

It doesn't matter, hubby needs those things. I am so sorry to hear of his accident I hope he's better soon! The pain medication sways pink, we believe, and then while some sites claim antibiotics sway blue, I've never seen any evidence to that effect (and in fact some evidence otherwise) and it's unlikely that eye drops get into the system enough to make a difference even if they did sway blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh emshe I'm sorry to hear about your DH!!! Is he going to be ok?!!

LOL, atomic, I've totally done the counting hours between attempts, even trying to figure out the hours between the attempts + the number of hours for the sperm to capacitate and if there would be any sperm left from a previous attempt by the time new sperm are ready! I can see how it's very very control freaky I will say I've found trying to get that "one attempt in the fertile window" stressful at times! This last pregnancy we just did one attempt at +OPK and it worked so hopefully it will again in the future so I don't fall back in the trap of hour counting!!

emshe this is your 2nd month of Clomid right? Things could look different on your cycle this month vs last month having had the Clomid in your system now for two cycles. For example - I normally have a big delay (like, 3 or more days) between +OPK and temp rise, and this last cycle we got pregnant on I got my temp rise two mornings after the +OPK (so, way earlier than normal). I really think the Clomid caused more changes in my cycle that month, maybe b/c it was my 3rd cycle on it. My progesterone post O was also WAY way higher. So Clomid can change things.
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

5. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC, thanks that's interesting to know that each cycle with Clomid is different. Before pregnancy I would ovulate on my own around CD 22, then on my first round of Clomid 50 mg I O'd on CD 17 and I got pregnant.

Now I'm trying again and my first attempt I only did 25 mg Clomid and O'd around CD 28, last month I did 50 mg Clomid and O'd around CD 22, and I am CD 6 now on my third round of Clomid, 50 mg this time. I'm hoping to O earlier in the cycle, but I guess it's out of my hands now.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, ABC.2606 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even beyond the control freak element of it, since we can't know when O occurs and how long sperm takes to capacitate and how long it stays alive, we can end up outwitting ourselves. For illustration lets say "Pinkerly" thinks she ovulates 42 hours after a positive OPK (based on an ultrasound of 3 years ago or temp chart or EWCM or whatever, none of which tell us anything about future cycles) and read that sperm take 4 hours to capacitate (even though that's simply the EARLIEST they capacitate) so because she doesn't want to have more than one attempt, but doesn't want to have it too early, she waits till 36 hours after the first positive OPK instead of having an attempt e4d that SHE BELIEVES may fall on O-3/O-Day. So she skips the O-3 attempt in favor of one attempt after pos OPK. But she was wrong about when she was going to ovulate, she Oes earlier than she thinks, and the O-3 attempt would actually have been perfect. Her urine was diluted and so she didn't catch the surge till the tail end, only a couple hours before ovulation. If she had done the e4d and BD on what she thought was O-3 she would have had a well timed attempt, even if she'd done the pos OPK attempt she would have been in with a decent timed attempt, but because she wanted to wait till 36 hours after pos OPK because she was worried about it and thought she knew what was going on, she actually outwits herself and misses the entire month.

The thing with e4d is that you CAN just luck your way into it. you can have all the misinformation in the world and you can still luck your way into it. So just do e4d! Don't count days, for SURE do not count hours, do e4d and leave it, and then in months when you go to e4d plus one, then do exactly that without trying to make it come out a certain way or pattern.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Morning after positive OPK is within the window to conceive. In that case what you would do is have attempt the night of positive OPK and then again the next day sometime. That's fine and would be e4d plus one.

Please stop worrying about the number of hours it is. Do e4d and then stick in another attempt whenever the positive OPK comes while continuing with the e4d pattern. You do not know when you ovulate in correlation to the OPK, the temp dip, or the O pains and sitting around counting the hours or doing complex math problems trying to figure out how many hours it is, is the exact type of "control freak" thinking I want you guys to avoid. Do e4d plus one more attempt at pos OPK and then stop thinking about it all together, just put it on autopilot.

It doesn't matter, hubby needs those things. I am so sorry to hear of his accident I hope he's better soon! The pain medication sways pink, we believe, and then while some sites claim antibiotics sway blue, I've never seen any evidence to that effect (and in fact some evidence otherwise) and it's unlikely that eye drops get into the system enough to make a difference even if they did sway blue.
    Sounds perfect atomic! Thank you

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Oh my gosh emshe I'm sorry to hear about your DH!!! Is he going to be ok?!!

LOL, atomic, I've totally done the counting hours between attempts, even trying to figure out the hours between the attempts + the number of hours for the sperm to capacitate and if there would be any sperm left from a previous attempt by the time new sperm are ready! I can see how it's very very control freaky I will say I've found trying to get that "one attempt in the fertile window" stressful at times! This last pregnancy we just did one attempt at +OPK and it worked so hopefully it will again in the future so I don't fall back in the trap of hour counting!!

emshe this is your 2nd month of Clomid right? Things could look different on your cycle this month vs last month having had the Clomid in your system now for two cycles. For example - I normally have a big delay (like, 3 or more days) between +OPK and temp rise, and this last cycle we got pregnant on I got my temp rise two mornings after the +OPK (so, way earlier than normal). I really think the Clomid caused more changes in my cycle that month, maybe b/c it was my 3rd cycle on it. My progesterone post O was also WAY way higher. So Clomid can change things.
    He’ll be ok. Silly plant... fell over in the heavy rain we had a week ago so we were doing what we could to save it. Mistake!!!!

I’m so glad he finally agreed to go to the hospital. Stubborn man. I’ve never seen him in so much pain, the car ride was awful the boys will be hard pressed to forget. But he’s feeling much better this morning. Fingers crossed they fully heal.

It will be interesting to see what happens this 2nd Clomid cycle, I’ve had a lot more energy taking it at the later start. When to start opk? I’m day 10 now, last Clomid was last night (lucky I thought to pop it in my bag while we went to the hospital) day 9.

12. Likes ABC.2606, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    He’ll be ok. Silly plant... fell over in the heavy rain we had a week ago so we were doing what we could to save it. Mistake!!!!

I’m so glad he finally agreed to go to the hospital. Stubborn man. I’ve never seen him in so much pain, the car ride was awful the boys will be hard pressed to forget. But he’s feeling much better this morning. Fingers crossed they fully heal.

It will be interesting to see what happens this 2nd Clomid cycle, I’ve had a lot more energy taking it at the later start. When to start opk? I’m day 10 now, last Clomid was last night (lucky I thought to pop it in my bag while we went to the hospital) day 9.

Glad he's going to be ok!!

Which type of OPKs are you using? I think I usually start the day after Clomid is done, but I use the CB dual hormone and you're supposed to start well in advance so it can track "high" fertility. I think it's supposed to take 7-10 days after you finish Clomid to O, but you don't know how you're body will react to taking it later in your cycle than you did last month.
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Glad he's going to be ok!!

Which type of OPKs are you using? I think I usually start the day after Clomid is done, but I use the CB dual hormone and you're supposed to start well in advance so it can track "high" fertility. I think it's supposed to take 7-10 days after you finish Clomid to O, but you don't know how you're body will react to taking it later in your cycle than you did last month.
    I’m so glad you said that, that’s one I’ve got! So ill start tomorrow then as I’ve already been to the toilet this morning. Can I ask do you use a new handle every time? I did some reading about how it works and it’s based on your previously read levels to determine the rise, so I assume you need a new handle to reset it?

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    I’m so glad you said that, that’s one I’ve got! So ill start tomorrow then as I’ve already been to the toilet this morning. Can I ask do you use a new handle every time? I did some reading about how it works and it’s based on your previously read levels to determine the rise, so I assume you need a new handle to reset it?

No I use the same handle each cycle until I run out of test strips and need a new box and then I'll switch to the new one. I buy boxes that have 20 strips so that lasts me about 3 cycles.
    2013 2015
    Three babies

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast