Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoobie1124 View Post
    Good Morning!

I actually was off for a few cycles in there But during those months my cycle went back to normal right away.

The issue is my husband - I do ovulate normally but we needed to give him more targets. I had blood work and ultrasounds each month and i was reacting perfectly ( not over producing, great numbers all around) We added Progesterone " just to see" and both times it shortened my cycle - but then we stopped everything all together.

I was sway dieting and still am for the most part. We had used a small amount of PreSeed ( not not much, per your advice)

I do have metformin that I could take.. but i havent since last march because it didnt seem to help and gave me tummy troubles
    Oh ok good! Whew!

So hubby has MFI so we are trying to make you pop more eggs? Just want to be sure I understand the reasoning. Because as long as you're ovulating regularly and don't have PCOS (right?) then the Metformin is not going to help anything. If it's on DH's end we need to focus on that. Is he on any vitamins?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    So close to starting my first cycle using clomid, spotting started today.
    When were talking take it at night, do you mean right before bed or a few hours before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes you need to wait for the actual flow to begin and start counting from there, unless your period always starts 14 DPO with a day or two of spotting and that's just the norm for you. Either way, though, it's forgiving stuff, ok to start CD 2 or 4 or 5 even so if you aren't sure just take your best guess.

Most will take right before bed to minimize symptoms.

3. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again ladies, still waiting patiently for what I would consider full flow...
    Reading over drs instruction sheet with the clomid, he says

1. Avoid alcohol - should this just be the 5 days I take it or the whole cycle?

2. Suck sugar free lollies to help nausea - curious what your thoughts are on this!?!
    Also diet vs non diet soft drink as mixer with alcohol. Phenylalanine seems to be the sweetener here in aus in soft drinks

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emshe View Post
    Thanks again ladies, still waiting patiently for what I would consider full flow...
    Reading over drs instruction sheet with the clomid, he says

1. Avoid alcohol - should this just be the 5 days I take it or the whole cycle?

2. Suck sugar free lollies to help nausea - curious what your thoughts are on this!?!
    Also diet vs non diet soft drink as mixer with alcohol. Phenylalanine seems to be the sweetener here in aus in soft drinks

1. The most common side effect (from people I know online) of Clomid is headache and moodiness. I haven't really heard many people complain about nausea, vomiting, or vision problems as side effects of Clomid, but they are listed, and those are also side effects of alcohol, so the reason they say no alcohol with Clomid is because if Clomid causes nausea as a side effect and so does alcohol, then you could get really bad nausea since they both contribute. So IMO if after 5 days, you haven't had any side effects of Clomid, then you should be able to drink a reasonable amount of alcohol. If you are taking Clomid for fertility problems, it's probably best to skip the alcohol because alcohol slightly hurts conception. If you are taking Clomid just for swaying, then a reasonable amount of alcohol should be fine (IMO).

2. Like I said, I've heard very few complaints about nausea as a side effect of Clomid, so I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if you do get nausea there are a lot of home remedies you can try, and I can see how sucking on a lolly could help. When I was pregnant and had nausea, drinking flavored water and soda pop helped. Some people swear by Ginger for nausea.

What day are you on now? I'm CD 7 of my cycle.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

6. Thanks emshe thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    1. The most common side effect (from people I know online) of Clomid is headache and moodiness. I haven't really heard many people complain about nausea, vomiting, or vision problems as side effects of Clomid, but they are listed, and those are also side effects of alcohol, so the reason they say no alcohol with Clomid is because if Clomid causes nausea as a side effect and so does alcohol, then you could get really bad nausea since they both contribute. So IMO if after 5 days, you haven't had any side effects of Clomid, then you should be able to drink a reasonable amount of alcohol. If you are taking Clomid for fertility problems, it's probably best to skip the alcohol because alcohol slightly hurts conception. If you are taking Clomid just for swaying, then a reasonable amount of alcohol should be fine (IMO).

2. Like I said, I've heard very few complaints about nausea as a side effect of Clomid, so I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if you do get nausea there are a lot of home remedies you can try, and I can see how sucking on a lolly could help. When I was pregnant and had nausea, drinking flavored water and soda pop helped. Some people swear by Ginger for nausea.

What day are you on now? I'm CD 7 of my cycle.
    Thanks for your thoughts Mrs English, all very helpful

Hoping today is going to kickoff properly... 🤞🏻
    CD7 for you! When do you usually ovulate?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before getting pregnant or using Clomid, when I'd ovulate on my own it would always be CD 21 - CD 23.

My first round of Clomid when I took it properly (after getting AF naturally), I ovulated on CD 17 and got pregnant.

Three months after birth I took Clomid without having had AF, and ovulated really early for me, I think about a week after finishing the Clomid, and I actually think that I did conceive that cycle but it didn't stick because I had an 8 day luteal phase.

About a month and a half after that I took 25 mg Clomid midcycle and ovulated 27 days later but didn't get pregnant despite a good luteal phase.

So now I just took 50 mg Clomid after having AF, so I'd guess that I'll ovulate around CD 17, but anything from CD 12 to CD 27 wouldn't be surprising.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Before getting pregnant or using Clomid, when I'd ovulate on my own it would always be CD 21 - CD 23.

My first round of Clomid when I took it properly (after getting AF naturally), I ovulated on CD 17 and got pregnant.

Three months after birth I took Clomid without having had AF, and ovulated really early for me, I think about a week after finishing the Clomid, and I actually think that I did conceive that cycle but it didn't stick because I had an 8 day luteal phase.

About a month and a half after that I took 25 mg Clomid midcycle and ovulated 27 days later but didn't get pregnant despite a good luteal phase.

So now I just took 50 mg Clomid after having AF, so I'd guess that I'll ovulate around CD 17, but anything from CD 12 to CD 27 wouldn't be surprising.
    Wow! What a huge variety of outcomes. Wishing you luck this cycle. Let’s see where we end up 🤞🏻

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh ok good! Whew!

So hubby has MFI so we are trying to make you pop more eggs? Just want to be sure I understand the reasoning. Because as long as you're ovulating regularly and don't have PCOS (right?) then the Metformin is not going to help anything. If it's on DH's end we need to focus on that. Is he on any vitamins?
    My Husband is on Fertility Vitamin - although our RE preety much rolled his eyes when he told him that

I dont have PCOS - but they thought a low dose of metformin could regulate any issues we arent catching.

Also - since Sept - it seems like every month something weird happened - Flu on last day of Clomid, UTI on Optimal O day, Food Poisoning by husband on day 13 (We DTD day 12 and 15... but maybe missed the perfect day?) Etc. So maybe all of these are just flukes?

My body could have been a poster child for Clomid and Femara -- I reacted perfectly - great numbers - typical side effects but nothing bad. etc.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoobie1124 View Post
    My Husband is on Fertility Vitamin - although our RE preety much rolled his eyes when he told him that

I dont have PCOS - but they thought a low dose of metformin could regulate any issues we arent catching.

Also - since Sept - it seems like every month something weird happened - Flu on last day of Clomid, UTI on Optimal O day, Food Poisoning by husband on day 13 (We DTD day 12 and 15... but maybe missed the perfect day?) Etc. So maybe all of these are just flukes?

My body could have been a poster child for Clomid and Femara -- I reacted perfectly - great numbers - typical side effects but nothing bad. etc.
    We have seen some improvement with our couples that are doing IVF in terms of improving sperm quality so have him keep that up no matter how hard the RE rolls his eyes.

in that case fine to keep going with the Met, was just at a loss why they'd prescribed that.

You very well may be right that sometimes it is just sheer bad luck where things go wrong just at the worst possible time! FXFXFXFX for better luck now!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply and crossed fingers I’m trying to access the clinics that offer gender selection... is that still around?

Day 13 now... hoping for pink baby dust

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast