Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Always been a frequent releaser

(Not sure if releaser is even a real word?)

We have two boys and I never knew SO's habits until I asked a couple of months ago.
    He said he does it at least once a day if not twice. Sometimes that twice is with us dtd.
    I should add both boys were welcoming surprises, both pull out babies, can sway pink.
    The first time I honestly can't remember how much we were dtd, as in his fr. I do know what day we conceived our first son.
    With our second I was still breastfeeding and we only dtd one time that month (so considered 1 attempt) and like I said another pull out method baby. Also no O for either time (so I don't think that sways either way for me).
    SO also smokes cigarettes which help sway pink (he has been smoking since 23 he is now 35).

Do I have it wrong with the fr part? That it really doesn't matter or does he need to up it even more? I still plan on a one time attempt once I get my first positive OPK, I'm just don't sure what he needs to do on his end?

2. Dislikes phalaenopsis78 disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I get into the how to I do want to clarify that no sway tactic is 100%. We seem to have an upper ceiling of about 75% even under ideal circumstances so it is totally possible to do any of the things that sway and still get an opposite. Just how it goes. If it were possible to get a particular gender every time doing easy things, the whole human race would have died out a long time ago. So, you never can tell if you were coming into TTC 75% set for girls and then just got unlucky, or if you were doing some other things that swayed blue that put you more into 50-50 range, or what. All we can do is do what has worked for most people, most of the time. Just because you got a boy doing something (such as Big O) it doesn't mean it didn't work. It may have been that the cards didn't fall your way or that other things were swaying blue for you or both. So don't get too hung up on what you did in the past because every conception is different.

Now to answer your question, we have, on occasion, had a guy who falls into this category and what we've done is had him continue releasing daily 1 or even 2 times (to start with) and then keeping the one attempt. So that could be a sound plan for you - have him release 1-2x a day coming into your fertile window and then have one attempt in the fertile window. Even though you got a boy with one attempt before, it has been a consistently good sway tactic for us and I do believe in it.

Or, you can say bag it all together and try having him do regular release every 2-4 days with the one attempt. Personally I'd want to give it a month or two with the FR + one attempt just given his past history but it's up to you.

Smoking does sway pink. We know this based on our blue swayers who disproportionately have hubbies smoking, and then a few studies have shown this as well. Some guys can just shake it off and make boys anyway. Whether this is due to luck or to other things swaying more blue, we can't say. All we can say is that across the entire population, we have seen smokers father more girls. So you have that working for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ