Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

?? Totally confused about PH testing

Ok I'm totally confused about this! LOL. I'm sure it's easy and I've probably bought the wrong thing, but I've been seeing all of you guys post about having tested your PH...did you buy those locally? I wanted to start testing this month and I'm RIGHT AT "O" so I bought some ketostix at the local pharmacy that tests for acid in the urine. Instead, I tested the CM and it registered at neg. It has this little chart on the back that has a neg, trace (5), small (15), mod (40) etc. Am I testing on the wrong thing?

and my other question is if you want more acidic CM, why do you want the "low" or 4 or below? Wouldn't it be better to have the higher number? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to swaying We wanted to start TTC in March so I wanted to start practicing with diet, testing CM and all now so that I'd know my cycles like the back of my hand later

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some believe that xx swim better in more acidic cm (ph 4-5) and xy swim best in higher. This hasn't been proven to my knowledge. Ewcm naturally has a higher pH that all sperm survive best in and swim easiest through... so this keeps sperm count highest which we know sways blue. Current theory is that pH below 5 will kill off some sperm and lower sperm count and that's the reason why lower pH sways pink.
    Noone knows for certain...

Some pH tests can't determine the pH below a certain value, and it is difficult to get an accurate pH from litmus paper anyway.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Dreaming pink.I bought the universal ph strips off e bay,paid £2-3 for about 80.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) yes, those are not the right sticks at all, I'm sorry. You need to order the pH sticks that have measurements in numerical increments ranging from 4.5-9 or something along those lines. I had pHion brand and they worked well for me. You can order them on eBay or direct from the companies themselves, just Google pH sticks and you'll find tons of companies.

2) In the scale of pH, low numbers are more acidic, high numbers are more alkaline. Things that are neutral are about 7. Thus, low numbers = acidic.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ