Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy TTC a girl after 3 sons. Teach us!

Hi and thanks for reading! I've been researching and have gotten some information, though some of it conflicting (i.e. avoid nutrient dense food, but get lots of calcium and magnesium).
    Methods:
    Track ovulation. BD up until 2 days before O.
    Eat low calories, maintain low body fat, do cardio exercise
    Eat low nutrient foods, like iceberg lettuce and white rice (for at least 8 weeks before ttc)
    Avoid salt and potassium

Is that it? Is there anything else I can do? Anything my husband can do? How about supplements? I saw lime douching written a few places. Thank you for the guidance! We are hopeful for our girl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! What you're describing is more of a mix of IG/old school sways. We do LE diet here and it's 1500-1800 cals, 30-60g fat, 40-50g protein. ALL foods are allowed so please do not just eat lettuce and rice. It is not a starvation diet and you can eat whatever you like. It is probably best to avoid fortified foods like cereal but all foods are allowed within limits. We used to think that the diet needed to be low nutrient, but that is not the case! You can still have fruits, veggies, dairy, grains, meat, beans, egg etc. Low carb veggies are free (don't count calories/fat/protein) and high carb veggies and fruit count calories but not fat or protein. DO NOT avoid salt or potassium. You can die not getting enough of those. You can salt your food to taste. Please don't try to get your body fat really low as ovulation can stop. LE diet is designed to be safe for TTC so please don't go below the calorie, fat, or protein recommendations or eat a diet of just cucumbers and rice (yes people have done that).

We don't recommend timing for BD. We've found one attempt at positive OPK sways pink. Cardio does sway pink too but if you're already on the low end of normal for BMI, then I'd either skip it or up calories to avoid weight loss. It needs to be 60 minutes (one block of time) and at least 4 days a week has gotten best results. I'd skip the douching as it reduces odds of pregnancy too much. Your husband doesn't have to sway but if he wants to, he can bike or jog, cut down or eliminate red meat, or smoke. Atomic can advise you on supplements for him as it depends on age and health factors. We haven't found any supplements for the woman that benefits a pink sway other than Clomid or Femara. Fiber and alcohol are also good pink sway tactics to add in.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, ksmom! There's so much information to sort through on the internet. LE means low everything? So, low calorie diet, and follow the macronutrients breakdown that you described. I'm not low on BMI, so I could make an effort there with exercise. Swaying pink can happen with LE diet and OPK alone? Since third son I've thought maybe we only make one gender, but I know it's not impossible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're welcome! Yes LE stands for "low everything" but Atomic has said she regrets ever calling it that because people take it to extremes, thinking it means starvation. It's just a lower amount of what most of us boy moms were eating when we got boys. Just stick with the calorie, fat, and protein guideline I posted above and you'll be fine. You can definitely just do diet and one attempt for a pink sway. You certainly don't have to do everything under the sun. I have three boys as well so I know the feeling of "maybe I can't make girls" but it is possible! I've seen many ladies here with 3, 4, 5+ boys do a pink sway and get a girl or girls. We have about a 65-70% success rate for pink so pretty good!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should mention, take folic acid or folate (preferably the latter). It is recommended for ALL swayers.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I should mention, take folic acid or folate (preferably the latter). It is recommended for ALL swayers.
    How long should one take folate for? Plan to do the LE diet for 12 weeks before my one attempt..so folate for the 12 weeks while doing diet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I saw this come in and then it kept getting away from me LOL!!

Do NOT do daily BD up to a cutoff. Since we have found one attempt to sway and timing has been debunked, it's a recipe for another boy to have lots of attempts. and remember, you can also always O early which means you could end up BD right up to ovulation!! Even though timing doesn't work, it is not a chance people who want timing in their sway should take!!

Please please stay in the limits that ks has laid out (thanks ks!!) We have soo much trouble with people cutting back too far, it's just not worth the risk!

Re potassium, the only reason why this was ever part of swaying is that in the mineral balancing diets, they had people drinking tons and tons of dairy (which is loaded with potassium) while trying to stick under 3500 mg potassium a day. To do this they had to cut way back on all other potassium foods. In LE Diet (and really, even in many of the mineral balancing people's diets, the way most people end up doing them) you don't get that much potassium from dairy, and so if you try to limit potassium on top of that it really is tough to get the minimum 2500 mg potassium you need to live!! So it's really very risky to limit potassium unless you're drinking lots of dairy.

Cal/mag at your discretion, didn't work for me but if you believe in it use supplements only, not dairy, and don't take Vit. D with it.

Sodium - we have all but given this up and our results onlly went up when we did. Plus makes it WAY easier to stick to diet!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh whoops hit send too soon - it's hard for me to advise on hubby and supplements without info about your overall health, age, medication, etc.

RE lime douching, very few of us go in for that (which is part of the reason why we started this site!) I do have the info available for those that want it in the Dream Members section but we really have not found pH to be in any way helpful and it's something most of us have given up on.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoG77 View Post
    How long should one take folate for? Plan to do the LE diet for 12 weeks before my one attempt..so folate for the 12 weeks while doing diet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I like you to do folate the full 12 weeks in case something happens and you get preggo sooner than you plan to, and also because that's the lifespan of the egg and a big study has shown higher dose folate/FA may help prevent chromosomal defects with eggs such as Down Syndrome.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just want to say
    I did the le diet for 12 weeks before ttc (conceived second month)
    Was at upper limits due to low bmi and breastfeeding
    Very little meat!
    Coffee in the morning
    One glass of alcohol every other day
    No snacking AT ALL, ate 3 times a day!
    Didn't do the exercise
    Or take any supplements or any douches
    My partner had taken up bike riding a few months before not to sway tho just coincidence!
    He ate the same as me in the evenings so technically less meat etc but no other changes for him
    We had one attempt at positive ovulation result, I used clear blue

And my sway worked, I am 100% convinced I am pregnant with a girl because of swaying!
    My whole diet and eating habits changed dramatically and I feel that was the main factor
    Also one attempt

Good luck!! The diet seems overwhelming at the beginning but it's really not that bad xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Eighme, Noemi2017, Mommy2apples, mummylove liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast