Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Latest thoughts on timing?

I’m sure there have been loads of threads about this but I’m confused about what the most current advice is about timing for ttc pink. I thought frequent attempts and 3 day cut off was the way to go but I read recently that one attempt in fertile window (any particular time?) is meant to be best for a pink sway. Anybody know what’s best to try? What worked for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway (as in dtd certain days before ovulation for blue or pink). One attempt at pos OPK has gotten wonderful results and DTD every 4 days is the next best thing if you choose not to use OPKs.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway and you can read why that is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

I really really can't recommend the "frequent BD to a cutoff" and I have a full explanation of why in this thread: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...nk-lately.html Short version is this - one attempt sways pink. We don't know how, we don't know why, we only know that it does. You put your sway at HUGE risk trying frequent BD to cutoff because what if you ovulate early? Or late? Happens all the time with swaying.

I got my daughter with one attempt late at night the day before O day (it was 1 am, which IS technically O Day). I got 3 of my 4 boys with cutoffs of 2-3 days or possibly longer and all were more than one attempt. The other boy was a sneak attack, not sure when I got him but it was at least 2 attempts. The only girl I have was the only pregnancy with one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - I just read the essays and will go for one attempt. Just one more q: is there anything in the month of conception? I was going to attempt in april because I read that more girls were conceived in april. But i will only have been on the diet for about 10 weeks. On balance would it be best for me to hold off until May or June to give the diet a better chance? Am guessing that’s more successful overall than making it April!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There does seem to be a little something but it's only just that - a little. I got my girl in a boy month and two of my boys in girl months. Swaying vastly outweighs the months.

10 weeks on diet is still pretty good though. It's your call to make, keeping in mind you may not even get pregnant the first month out. What I DON"T like to see is people do 12 weeks (or longer) on diet and then launch into this super duper strict sway that has very low chances of conception, then do that another few months, till it's been like 6-9 months on diet and they've wasted away to nothing. So make a compromise with yourself - if you're doing a strict sway with lots of things that reduce odds of conceiving then you may want to start at 10 weeks rather than waiting a whole nother month anyway (regardless of the month of the year!!)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You’re fabulous, thanks for the great advice

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

With the timing thing, I’m clear on doing one attempt after a positive OPK. But are there any other methods I should know about but am missing? I’ve read stuff on here about DH doing frequent release before the attempt etc. Should we be doing that? Or is it simply, one attempt with the positive and fingers crossed? I’ve read the essay on the trouble with timing but can’t locate info on this bit. Thank you again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have probably more than u ever wanted to know here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-and-blue=

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodness me, I’ll get reading now!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that’s so much to think about. Sounds like frequent release and then one attempt is the way to go. Since you wrote that essay have you come to any conclusions about which way you think might be best? I guess it depends on the circumstances of each couple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast