Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying with MTHF gene mutation and recurrent miscarriages

Hi!

I Would like advice when it comes to swaying girl. I had two miscarriages before my two healthy boys, then had a miscarriage after a surprise pregnancy recently. I found out that baby was a girl, and chromosomes were perfect. It then lead me to have blood tests and found out I have MTHF. The funny thing is I was on a LE diet (800 calories- tried the 800cal blood sugar diet because I have a history of gestational diabetes and wanted to try decrease my chances of a GD baby next time round.

I’d love some diet advice, I have to have blood thinning injections next pregnancy to help maintain the pregnancy.

I’m thinking maybe the 800cal Mediterranean diet could be my answer since it swayed pink last time...
    I also have one BD last time too- so that just have helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo1984 View Post
    Atomic?

Please give me a reasonable amount of time (5 days or so) to answer before you bump a post. Since usually I go from oldest to newest, when you bump a post it goes back to the top of my new posts and it actually makes it take longer for me to reply. Thanks!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks JoJo1984 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but it's great they found out about the mutation to prevent it from happening in the future.

An 800 calorie diet is NOT LE DIET. I cannot ever sign off on 800 calories for anyone trying to conceive. The LE Diet is based on suggestions from the World Health Organization and reproductive endocrinologists about a safe food intake while trying to conceive and I do not want anyone ever to go below 1200 calories, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat. And most people (like 97% of all swayers) should be more like 1500-1800 calories.

I'm sure you know this already but you need to be on folate ONLY. Do not have folic acid in anything and you will likely do better by limiting or even avoiding foods that have folic acid in them (like pasta and breads) I would take 2000 mcg folate total or even more if your doctor suggests that. Take this higher amount through the entire first trimester of pregnancy and then gradually wean off to the amount of folate in your prenatal by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week (plus whatever is in prenatal) then you can drop them.

6. Thanks JoJo1984 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but it's great they found out about the mutation to prevent it from happening in the future.

An 800 calorie diet is NOT LE DIET. I cannot ever sign off on 800 calories for anyone trying to conceive. The LE Diet is based on suggestions from the World Health Organization and reproductive endocrinologists about a safe food intake while trying to conceive and I do not want anyone ever to go below 1200 calories, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat. And most people (like 97% of all swayers) should be more like 1500-1800 calories.

I'm sure you know this already but you need to be on folate ONLY. Do not have folic acid in anything and you will likely do better by limiting or even avoiding foods that have folic acid in them (like pasta and breads) I would take 2000 mcg folate total or even more if your doctor suggests that. Take this higher amount through the entire first trimester of pregnancy and then gradually wean off to the amount of folate in your prenatal by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week (plus whatever is in prenatal) then you can drop them.
    Thank you! Sorry I didn’t know posting again would bump my post, rookie error.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, I just want you guys to get your answers as fast as I can and that really helps! Of course if it gets beyond 5 days DO bump in that case because sometimes I start to reply and then something crops up and I close without posting, then it makes it look like I answered the post when I didn't.

10. Likes JoJo1984 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to add that a very low calorie diet would not lower you chances of gestational diabetes, but potentially increase. Eating at those levels longterm can result in metabolic damage which is more likely to lead to GD, or at least false positives for GD. This happened to me, and this is what the maternal fetal medicine doctor told me she sees happens often with eating disorder patients and athletes once they're pregnant.

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post