Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink swaying and deficiency supplements

I am a vegetarian and currently I am taking the below supplements as per advise from my GP since I have been tested deficient for the below:

Iron supplements- Spatone 2 sachets with a vitamin C tablet
    Vitamin b complex - 1 tablet thrice a week
    Elevit(since I am breastfeeding)
    Vitamin D - 2 tablets each thrice a week

So my question is if I start swaying for a girl which of the above should I drop? I will surely be dropping the elevit and vit D but not sure of the b complex and iron? Could someone please guide me on this ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think all of them sway blue :/ But if these are prescribed, I'd think those are more important than that element of your sway. I'm sure atomic has more advice for what to do; I'm sure dropping stuff that might stop you from getting pregnant at all because you're deficient will be a factor.

I did get a girl taking a prenatal for months, but I also was pretty extremely LE in bad ways -- which wouldn't help you either!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are deficient then you need to continue the supplements for now. What I would likely do if I were you is carry on with them for now and then closer to when you're ready to start TTC, reduce the amount to more of a maintenance dose. So switch to the spatone 3x a week, Vit. D 2x a week (one instead of 2). The Elevit will have B complex in it anyway so my inclination would be to have you wean off the B complex and take the Elevit 3x a week, but I don't know how severe a deficiency you have. If your deficiency in B vitamins is very severe I'd do the Elevit 3x a week and the B complex 1 day a week.

At that time, do NOT just drop any supplements. Wean off them gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks ttcpinkluck thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you are deficient then you need to continue the supplements for now. What I would likely do if I were you is carry on with them for now and then closer to when you're ready to start TTC, reduce the amount to more of a maintenance dose. So switch to the spatone 3x a week, Vit. D 2x a week (one instead of 2). The Elevit will have B complex in it anyway so my inclination would be to have you wean off the B complex and take the Elevit 3x a week, but I don't know how severe a deficiency you have. If your deficiency in B vitamins is very severe I'd do the Elevit 3x a week and the B complex 1 day a week.

At that time, do NOT just drop any supplements. Wean off them gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop them.
    Thanks so much atomic...that makes sense....I will wean him off before I try next year....do you think if I don’t wean I will have a better chance of a girl? Very confused since he will be almost 2 when we try....really appreciate your prompt and helpful responses

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think breastfeeding sways pink regardless of how old your nursing baby is. I can't tell you whether to wean or not - you have to decide that for yourself.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think breastfeeding sways pink regardless of how old your nursing baby is. I can't tell you whether to wean or not - you have to decide that for yourself.
    Oh thank you atomic....I will definitely keep up atleast one or two feeds then till I get pregnant again....also if you don’t mind sharing this how exactly do you think breastfeeding sways pink? Is it because of some particular hormone increase or something? Sorry to bother you so much with so many doubts

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcpinkluck View Post
    Oh thank you atomic....I will definitely keep up atleast one or two feeds then till I get pregnant again....also if you don’t mind sharing this how exactly do you think breastfeeding sways pink? Is it because of some particular hormone increase or something? Sorry to bother you so much with so many doubts

Everything that suppresses fertility a little bit sways pink. Exercise, diet, certain herbal supplements, TTC after a loss, coming off birth control - any time your body's natural birth control mechanisms are activated, this seems to sway pink. So breastfeeding does that, because your body does not always "want" to be pregnant again very quickly after having a baby and it changes its hormones in ways that make it harder to conceive.

And breastfeeding is a biological state - you're either lactating or you're not - so the amount you're breastfeeding really does not matter as much as people think...even just nursing 1-2 times a day can still help because the lactation hormones are still present in your system even if you're only nursing in the morning and at night.

11. Likes ttcpinkluck liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything that suppresses fertility a little bit sways pink. Exercise, diet, certain herbal supplements, TTC after a loss, coming off birth control - any time your body's natural birth control mechanisms are activated, this seems to sway pink. So breastfeeding does that, because your body does not always "want" to be pregnant again very quickly after having a baby and it changes its hormones in ways that make it harder to conceive.

And breastfeeding is a biological state - you're either lactating or you're not - so the amount you're breastfeeding really does not matter as much as people think...even just nursing 1-2 times a day can still help because the lactation hormones are still present in your system even if you're only nursing in the morning and at night.
    Thanks atomic for this explanation....it makes sense...I will definitely be including breastfeeding in my plan then....my only worry is how well I will be able to do LE diet while breastfeeding....

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to be sure you start off at the upper levels of calories, more than you think you need. So 1800-2000 calories minimum and maybe even 2000-2200 (especially if you are very tall or exercising). Plus you should eat 50-60 g protein and fat. This will ensure your weight doesn't fly off too quickly. Then over time you can gradually cut back on calories (or not, if you need to continue to eat that much to prevent very fast weight loss). The key is to always start off eating more than you think you should be and see what happens. If you don't lose or gain weight, you will know then that's too many calories. If you lose weight, you will know to either eat more still if the weight loss is more than you should lose, or happens too fast, or to continue with that level of weight loss if you are losing only about 1-2 lbs per week and have some weight to spare.

Just a reminder, if your BMI is 21 or lower, you should try to hold steady where you are at; that way if a small amount of weight comes off before you are able to stop losing weight, it won't be too harmful. And at 18.5 BMI you need to do whatever it takes to keep that weight on. No one should ever drop below that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast