Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suprise BFP and accidentally swayed Boy :(

I feel like such an idiot and guilty that I'm not happy that I have a bfp. We were supposed to be swaying girl from next cycle but this month got carried away and accidentaly dtd on ovulation day (pretty sure it was within an hour or two of me ovulating). We dtd around 30 hours after my first positive opk and I know being so close to ovulation means its going to be a boy. I know some people say timing doesnt matter but because I already have a dd conceived with a 3 day cut off it makes me think shettles will be right for me. I also had tons of ewcm and a high libido so im pretty sure that sways boy too.

Sorry to moan, good luck to everyone else.
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in the exact same boat as well, but am now 14 weeks pregnant. I know over on these boards it’s not believed that timing sways at all, but just like
    You I was not 1000% conceived one of my sons right around O, not sure of the other. So I felt even if it doesn’t sway, then may as well just do the cut off if it makes me feel better because why not. It can’t hurt. Of course the month of my attempt, , I ovulated days earlier than I ever have in the past months (it was always almost exact days) so
    I Ended up leaving my 1 attempt the day before
    ovulation because we were in the mood. It bummed me out so bad too it came early. Still waiting to find out what gender I have. But I feel you!! I tried googling timing opposites to make myself feel better and sometimes I felt worse (it seems accurate for a lot of people) but ALOT of other times people got opposites! I recall even Atomic telling me she had a few opposites with cut-offs. I guess things happen for a reason and very curious to see how this turns out... to be honest at this point in the pregnancy, just have no choice but to forget about It. I Hope we will both find out soon! And I hope you get your girl as well. That being said, when I look at swaying as a whole, it makes so much more sense that the effort put into Things like diet sway more than a random day of “doing it”. I don’t think we are out completely on getting our girls!
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; April 29th, 2018 at 06:46 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing does not sway. It doesn't work. All that old stuff out there about timing has been completely debunked by scientists using modern technology to pinpoint ovulation day, and 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every fertile cycle day. We even know exactly what mistake Dr. Shettles made! I have that all here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

50-50 boys and girls being conceived every fertile cycle day means that it's possible 50% of the time to get a girl with a 3 day cutoff and it's also possible 50% of the time to get a girl right at ovulation. I got my daughter very late at night the day before O Day (It was technically O Day but I fell asleep after BD) and have 3 of 4 boys with cutoffs (the other was a sneak attack). Most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites. It just doesn't work and so you still have a chance of a girl regardless of when you BD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbymybabies View Post
    I was in the exact same boat as well, but am now 14 weeks pregnant. I know over on these boards it’s not believed that timing sways at all, but just like
    You I was not 1000% conceived one of my sons right around O, not sure of the other. So I felt even if it doesn’t sway, then may as well just do the cut off if it makes me feel better because why not. It can’t hurt. Of course the month of my attempt, , I ovulated days earlier than I ever have in the past months (it was always almost exact days) so
    I Ended up leaving my 1 attempt the day before
    ovulation because we were in the mood. It bummed me out so bad too it came early. Still waiting to find out what gender I have. But I feel you!! I tried googling timing opposites to make myself feel better and sometimes I felt worse (it seems accurate for a lot of people) but ALOT of other times people got opposites! I recall even Atomic telling me she had a few opposites with cut-offs. I guess things happen for a reason and very curious to see how this turns out... to be honest at this point in the pregnancy, just have no choice but to forget about It. I Hope we will both find out soon! And I hope you get your girl as well. That being said, when I look at swaying as a whole, it makes so much more sense that the effort put into Things like diet sway more than a random day of “doing it”. I don’t think we are out completely on getting our girls!
    I'm the same with googling opposites, trying to find girls conceived on o day gives me some hope but then reading about so many boys conceived on o day makes me feel its unlikely to be a girl. I do think if timing does sway its only slightly but then I havent done any other swaying so I feel I have no hope for a girl. Good luck with your pregnancy and hope you hear girl x
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Timing does not sway. It doesn't work. All that old stuff out there about timing has been completely debunked by scientists using modern technology to pinpoint ovulation day, and 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every fertile cycle day. We even know exactly what mistake Dr. Shettles made! I have that all here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

50-50 boys and girls being conceived every fertile cycle day means that it's possible 50% of the time to get a girl with a 3 day cutoff and it's also possible 50% of the time to get a girl right at ovulation. I got my daughter very late at night the day before O Day (It was technically O Day but I fell asleep after BD) and have 3 of 4 boys with cutoffs (the other was a sneak attack). Most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites. It just doesn't work and so you still have a chance of a girl regardless of when you BD.
    Thanks Atomic, I'm trying to tell myself that timing doesnt sway but its hard when I read about so many getting boys on o day and the fact my dd was a 3 day cut off. I keep thinking about the circumstances of conception and think that the ewcm and me taking vitamin b complex for suspected deficiency sways blue. I also eat breakfast cereal every day but then I did with my dd so maybe that doesnt sway too much. I guess time will tell and in the mean time I need to accept that its likely a boy.
    DSS 2007

Due Feb 2020 Hoping for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyn View Post
    Thanks Atomic, I'm trying to tell myself that timing doesnt sway but its hard when I read about so many getting boys on o day and the fact my dd was a 3 day cut off. I keep thinking about the circumstances of conception and think that the ewcm and me taking vitamin b complex for suspected deficiency sways blue. I also eat breakfast cereal every day but then I did with my dd so maybe that doesnt sway too much. I guess time will tell and in the mean time I need to accept that its likely a boy.
    I just want to point out: I think you're anxious and that's affecting your perspective. Timing, which has been definitively proven by multiple studies let alone "this site," does not sway. Yet you think it does. Breakfast cereal, which has been shown to be a high enough sway point that atomic doesn't like pink/LE swayers to use it (I think this might be the only food she actually recommends against), but you think that doesn't sway.

BUT, what I'm saying is: you DID get a girl eating cereal, see? Just like you could get a girl with an attempt at O day (in fact, one attempt at O is a pretty strong girl sway simply because of the number of attempts, not the timing). I got a girl with tons of EWCM and high libido. I was on a prenatal and DHA, even! I just had tons of other girl stuff going for me and DH.

But either way -- no one thing is make or break. As we say over and over again, people get one or more of each gender all the time without actively swaying. It is always an odds game. Swaying just "sways" those odds.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the same with googling opposites, trying to find girls conceived on o day gives me some hope but then reading about so many boys conceived on o day makes me feel its unlikely to be a girl. I do think if timing does sway its only slightly but then I havent done any other swaying so I feel I have no hope for a girl. Good luck with your pregnancy and hope you hear girl x
    You can google all you want, but the thing is that science has proven that a)people can't pin down the day of their ovulation any better than 1 out of 3 days without using ultrasounds or blood tests (which few do) and b)about 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every day of the cycle. What happens is, people have heard about Shettles, so they assume they got boys on O Day and girls with cutoffs, but the straight truth is, neither they nor you know that as a fact and they could easily have the day of ovulation wrong. I see this happen regularly where people swear on a stack of Bibles they know their O Day and then they come to find out they didn't even ovulate yet or are already pregnant when they think they ovulated!

10. Thanks charlyn thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Read that link I posted! It really is proven that Shettles was totally wrong on what he claimed. You can of course always get a boy or a girl but it's just no cause for despair based on the timing end of it.

12. Likes charlyn liked this post