Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Messed up and don't know what to do

I've been doing rephresh every 3 days since the end of AF and some how I got my days mixed up and though I was suppose to do it tonight but it was suppose to be last night. Usually no big deal just do it tonight but now I got a positive ovulation test when I wasn't expecting one for a few days so we are going to DTD tonight and I'm unsure of what to do about rephresh now. Any advice? Opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't see any harm on using it right before DTD - we did last time (again, because of a surprise "high" on my CBFM).

Once it's in there it's in there and it stays in there, it doesn't matter if it was an hour before or 12hrs before. From what I read about someones experiment on here it only takes a few minutes to change pH... and it's better to do it and BD than BD without it IMO.

The official website says it doesn't hinder TTC, so they must have tested that in order to make that claim for legal reasons, so I really don't think it would prevent anyone getting pregnant on its own.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    I personally don't see any harm on using it right before DTD - we did last time (again, because of a surprise "high" on my CBFM).

Once it's in there it's in there and it stays in there, it doesn't matter if it was an hour before or 12hrs before. From what I read about someones experiment on here it only takes a few minutes to change pH... and it's better to do it and BD than BD without it IMO.

The official website says it doesn't hinder TTC, so they must have tested that in order to make that claim for legal reasons, so I really don't think it would prevent anyone getting pregnant on its own.
    That's what I was thinking because if it's meant to keep PH at a certain level for 3 days then it shouldn't matter when but I wasn't sure if there was something I was unaware of.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just reading on the December TTC thread that you've missed a couple of days with your FR, so I would feel happy using the Rephresh close to your attempt!

In my opinion, when the Rephresh has just been inserted it's quite claggy - if I tested my cm shortly afterwards I would literally pull out a glob of Rephresh (not great when I want it to stay there!). After a while it seems to dissipate and become less obvious that it's there. Same with Aci-jel. I would still try not to insert immediately beforehand on that basis.

What time of day do you take your OPK Jamie? If you take it in the afternoon perhaps that could be the time of day you use your Rephresh. If you DTD in the evenings you won't be using it too close and you'll have the results of your OPK so you'll know whether you want to use it that day or not.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I was just reading on the December TTC thread that you've missed a couple of days with your FR, so I would feel happy using the Rephresh close to your attempt!

In my opinion, when the Rephresh has just been inserted it's quite claggy - if I tested my cm shortly afterwards I would literally pull out a glob of Rephresh (not great when I want it to stay there!). After a while it seems to dissipate and become less obvious that it's there. Same with Aci-jel. I would still try not to insert immediately beforehand on that basis.

What time of day do you take your OPK Jamie? If you take it in the afternoon perhaps that could be the time of day you use your Rephresh. If you DTD in the evenings you won't be using it too close and you'll have the results of your OPK so you'll know whether you want to use it that day or not.
    I did use rephresh shortly after posting this and then got DH to release once and we are planning to DTD in a couple hours and I will also take some benadryl about an hour before hand.

I normally take them in the morning and then when it gets closer to ovulation I try to also take one in the afternoon. But morning is just the best for me because I try to drink the majority of my water for the day in the middle of the day and never can seem to hold my urine enough to take them and I'm more likely to forget if I don't do it right when I wake up. But I think I will try to start doing rephresh in the morning or afternoon since our attempts are always at night.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, that's fine! Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ