Thread: BMI Trouble

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BMI Trouble

Ok, so I miscarried last month and was hoping to get a bop right away but it didn't happen. I'm now wondering if i'm having trouble actually keeping the baby or getting pregnant since I had been trying for a bit. I had been on the diet for a while and I lost some weight, and now I'm wondering if I'm overdoing it. I weight 102 lbs andI'm 5'2". My bmws then would be 18.7 which is on the lower range. Is this affecting my fertility? Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    18.5 is still considered in normal range, if only just. I can't say from here if that weight is causing issues for you - the answer is to try gaining a couple pounds, but most pink swayers won't want to do that.

Usually there are more tangible things we can change instead of gaining weight; can you tell me everything you're doing for your sway? Dont' get too focused on diet, I"m talking about actual things like shallow release, hot bath, douche, jelly, frequency, etc.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for responding! DH is taking LR, I am taking Vitex and peppermint tea. We are doing shallow release 2-3 day cutoff. This month it ended up being 3 days. DH is doing hot shower before attempt and we are doing 1 attempt. DH is abstaining. Is it too much?

By the way, I was taking Vitex before miscarriage and I have irregular periods and just confirmed my luteal phase is short (9 days). I am a bit scared that vitex can be harmful but I see many women taking it successfully. I took it with DS2 and never had a problem, I am doing days 1-14. Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Your weight is not the problem here.

You need to drop the following things (in no particular order, just pick the things that are annoying you the most and drop them fairly quickly here because you're giving yourself very very slim odds of conception)

Drop LR (if he's been on this for a while this needs to go NOW), vitex, and peppermint tea. These things have not worked and have really cut odds of conception. Vitex can help women whose cycles are irregular due to PCOS but for people whose cycles are irregular for other reasons (and given your BMI, I believe your cycle is irregular NOW due to other reasons, even if in the past you had some tendencies towards PCO) and I think it is very likely making your LP short and making it harder for you to conceive. But really, if you prefer to keep going with vitex, I think that's about the least of our worries here!

Timing doesn't work, and dramatically cuts your chances of conceiving. If you must do timing, it needs to be no further out than 2 day cutoff. Your odds of conceiving with a 3 day cutoff (even doing nothing else to sway) are quite low and then with swaying on top of it, you may as well take a birth control pill! You just are not giving yourself any chance to conceive doing all these things together.

No more hot shower. That's never been proven to sway and can completely kill off all sperm.

DH needs to stop abstain (this has not worked anyway and has been drastically lower success than the overall success of the site) and go to regular release every 2-4 days. Keep the one attempt for now because I don't think you've even given it a fair shake to get pregnant that way. I would just skip FR - don't be tempted to go to FR now because i'ts just as bad as abstain and also really cuts odds of conception. Just do regular release with one attempt.

ABOVE ALL ELSE you MUST stop the shallow release. I have had several swayers who went on and on not getting pregnant, even when I did literally everything in my power to help them conceive - dropped all sway tactics, even swayed blue! Finally I'd come to find out that they were still doing shallow release!! So even doing things to boost their fertility, when they kept doing shallow release, they did not conceive. Then when I had them drop it, they got pregnant right away. Some of these people had been TTC for a full year with shallow and did not get pregnant. Get rid of that right away, and also jump and dump if you were doing that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ