Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few questions about pink swaying....

I've already posted this in "Gender Swaying Discussions" but I only got 1 view and 0 replies so I thought I might try again in another section of the forum. Sorry for the double post and I know this info in on here in various places but with all the reading I've done (on here, other sites and books) some is starting to seem to contradict itself and I'm just trying to clarify.

I tend to ramble and probably provide a little too much information so forgive me in advance. My husband and I are wanting to TTC again sometime soon (probably around February) and I have a few questions. We have two boys and would love to add a little girl.

I will start with a little background my husband and I have been very fertile in the past. My first son was conceived by "accident" with just 1 time of no protection, my 2nd son was planned and we decided to stop doing NFP (I HATE birth control) on September 1st and on September 26th we found out we were expecting. However, with both I am unsure of when we BD in respect to ovulation. However, I now use OPKs and track ovulation pretty well.

I actually would LOVE to TTC right now but I really need to lose a little more weight first. I had gestational diabetes both times, so I have been following a low carb diet (not to successfully for the past couple months). I'm trying to motivate myself with pictures of my babies as newborns lol.

So as far as gender swaying this time here are my questions (and if there is not a specific question I mainly just want to write what I think I know and someone tell me if it's correct or not):

1. Diet: I see that girl swaying is a "low everything diet" however, a couple months before conceiving both of my boys I lost about 15 lbs. With my first son I was doing the weight watchers point system and with my 2nd son I was doing low carb while taking phentermine (I know I know not good for me). So I'm not really sure what to do with diet and like I said I would like to try and keep it as low carb as possible due to the gestational diabetes issues.

2. Supplements: I'm thinking maybe I can "make up" for not changing certain diet changes with supplements but I'm not sure where to start to sway. (I currently take a multi vitamin and some vitamin a for my skin)

3. Caffeine: Is it true no caffeine to sway for a girl for me and DH and for how long before hand?

4. Antihistamines: I keep seeing stuff about using antihistamines to help with swaying, what particularly, how much and when to start for a girl?

5. Rephresh: I've seen some stuff about this and just wondering how/if/when to use this to sway for a girl?

6. Douching: To go with the previous I always thought douching was bad in general. Can other swaying techniques perhaps take away the need to do this?

7. Positioning and timing: Is it true about BD before Oing for a girl? And I know both my boys were conceived in deep penetration positions so either way I think this time we will try shallow penetration. Also I always orgasm before DH so maybe this time no orgasm for me? (or does that even affect anything)

8. For DH: It's probably going to be hard to get him to change his diet at all (he is SUPER picky), I might can work some supplements in but he also has a very bad soda habit that I'm not sure if he will completely kick. Also I doubt he will change his type of underwear so I'm thinking of doing a hot bath before we BD when we TTC. So I guess I'm just asking if I can sway successfully with me doing most of the work (besides hot bath & positioning)

ETA 9. PH how do I test (any recommendations on products?), when do I test, and then how do I change it (is it just diet or do some the things above change it)?

OK I think that is all any other suggestions would be great! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of this, I should be studying for my CPA exam and got completely sucked in on this site and just couldn't go back until I addressed these questions. Thank you all so much and I will keep reading through the other things when I have time.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    1. Diet: I see that girl swaying is a "low everything diet" however, a couple months before conceiving both of my boys I lost about 15 lbs. With my first son I was doing the weight watchers point system and with my 2nd son I was doing low carb while taking phentermine (I know I know not good for me). So I'm not really sure what to do with diet and like I said I would like to try and keep it as low carb as possible due to the gestational diabetes issues.

Jamie, I'm keeping my carbs low on this diet as well b/c I tend to gain weight w/white bread, pasta and rice in my diet. I substitute veggies for pasta, like using spaghetti squash, etc.

2. Supplements: I'm thinking maybe I can "make up" for not changing certain diet changes with supplements but I'm not sure where to start to sway. (I currently take a multi vitamin and some vitamin a for my skin)

Some pink swayers are dropping their multi vits (but still including folic acid ) in their sways as lower nutrients sway girl.

3. Caffeine: Is it true no caffeine to sway for a girl for me and DH and for how long before hand?

IMHO, I don't think caffeine is that detrimental for a girl sway and many women drink it in the a.m. when they skip brekkie. Caf is said to make DH's sperm "jacked-up" and zippy so that's why isn't not a great choice for him but I would think if he drinks it 6hrs or more before TTC, it wouldn't be an issue.

4. Antihistamines: I keep seeing stuff about using antihistamines to help with swaying, what particularly, how much and when to start for a girl?

For girl swayers, Zyrtec is taken around O time to help dry up some of the CM (cervical mucus). Here's a link to help you...
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ELP-TTC-A-GIRL

5. Rephresh: I've seen some stuff about this and just wondering how/if/when to use this to sway for a girl?
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-and-RepHresh

6. Douching: To go with the previous I always thought douching was bad in general. Can other swaying techniques perhaps take away the need to do this?
    YES!!! If you're doing the diet, using RepHresh or any other pH-lowering lubes, frequent release for DH, etc. douching may be too much and you wouldn't fall pregnant. Many women on this site do not use douches. You may want to read these threads:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-douching-safe

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ching-TTC-Pink

7. Positioning and timing: Is it true about BD before Oing for a girl? And I know both my boys were conceived in deep penetration positions so either way I think this time we will try shallow penetration. Also I always orgasm before DH so maybe this time no orgasm for me? (or does that even affect anything)

I don't put much stock in timing for gender but that's my opinion. When you orgasm, it's said to raise pH and also pull more sperm in. You might want to browse these links:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...How-to-do-O-12

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...How-to-do-O-12

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ntages-of-O-12

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...thod-of-timing

8. For DH: It's probably going to be hard to get him to change his diet at all (he is SUPER picky), I might can work some supplements in but he also has a very bad soda habit that I'm not sure if he will completely kick. Also I doubt he will change his type of underwear so I'm thinking of doing a hot bath before we BD when we TTC. So I guess I'm just asking if I can sway successfully with me doing most of the work (besides hot bath & positioning)

Yes!!! Most DHs won't play along w/the diet and many won't do any supps, etc.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...LEMENTS-FOR-DH

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-or-abstaining

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...et-menu-for-DH

ETA 9. PH how do I test (any recommendations on products?), when do I test, and then how do I change it (is it just diet or do some the things above change it)?

I used to test my pH all the time when I started out in March (it was ALWAYS high) but then just got frustrated and quit testing. Since I couldn't control it, I just focused on the other things I could control (diet, lubes, etc.). If pH does sway that much, I trust that the diet will change it and frankly, I don't even think about it at all. Since I've given up testing pH, I've felt a lot more relaxed. Have you ever heard of that saying that goes, "Let go and let God..."? Well, I tell myself something similar..."Let go and let sway", lol. Just trust in the swaying process and let go...that's my philosophy! Testing works well for some but for me it sure doesn't. If you do want to check your pH, go for it! Here is a link:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-for-DH-and-DW

OK I think that is all any other suggestions would be great! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of this, I should be studying for my CPA exam and got completely sucked in on this site and just couldn't go back until I addressed these questions. Thank you all so much and I will keep reading through the other things when I have time.
    See my responses to your questions in blue. Hope what I wrote makes sense! Honestly, it took me 2-3 mos to completely wrap my head around everything and then get to a place where I was relaxed...It's so tough, isn't it!?! Just take your time and read what you can, when you can. Here's the BIG INDEX that will really help you out...Warning....TONS of INFO!!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...PLETE-Index!!!

Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! That is so helpful and I will definitely be reading it through and trying not to stress too much, I read that is bad for a girl sway which is probably one reason I have boys because I have a lot of anxiety.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    anxiety = boys...i think there is def. a link! I tend to be major stressor so I'm gonna just try to chill when it comes time and even maybe get drunk the night we BD just to relax.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    some studies say stress is GOOD for a girl sway so I really wouldn't worry about stressing either way

I don't think caffeine is detrimental either, but I wouldn't overdo it. I'd limit tea and coffee and only have weak cups when you do...

I think big Os are best avoided anyway - before or after DH. Before and it creates more fertile CM and raises pH, after and it does that too but also gets more sperm up into the uterus.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    some studies say stress is GOOD for a girl sway so I really wouldn't worry about stressing either way
    Yep! It depends on how you process the stress...Do you lose your appetite and feel completely dejected or do you turn to comfort food, etc.? When my DH was out of town for a wk, I was losing my mind and found myself grabbing some ice cream to mitigate the stress. However, when we lost 2 of our dogs in one week, it completely gutted me and I didn't eat well, couldn't function and was a complete mess (my guess is that this kind of stress would sway girl).
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that would explain why my stress might sway boy because my response is almost always eating more.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    Well that would explain why my stress might sway boy because my response is almost always eating more.
    Usually the same w/me... I may be skinny but I food!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's more than that when it comes to the stress - it affects the part of the brain that regulates hormones and can influence fertility as a result, although competitive stress can raise testosterone a bit

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jamie,

I just wanted to apologize for not getting back to you sooner - we were seriously inundated with posts the last 2 weeks and I'm also trying to get my pink cookbook done too. I answered you on another thread but if you have any further q's, shoot!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast