Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not enough calories, but enough protein

Hi,

I think this is a common problem, but I was wondering what you ladies do when you have reached your protein limit, but not the calorie minimum?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, GeCon! Sugar is what a lot of girl swayers turn to when they need some extra cals and nothing else so you could indulge in some candy. Also, a big favorite of mine is a huge bowl of air-popped popcorn w/nothing on it. It'll give you a few more extra cals and some fiber (which is great for a girl sway). If you're thirsty, you could try a coke or something (not diet). If I think of anything else, I'll post it. Hope this helps!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Blue - I usually ate sweets for my third 'meal' (around 200 calories and no protein/sodium) and some ladies have a full fat coke/Pepsi with a meal (it will boost blood sugar levels between meals). I also used quite a few calories on desert at lunch and dinner time - Weight Watchers cakes, mini pies and tarts etc. which also have little protein and sodium.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ate a fair bit of cake in order to keep cals up/slow weight loss

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's funny because when I work on the diet, I have the opposite prob - not enough protein and too many calories!

Fresh fruits and veg are considered "FREE" foods, you don't need to count the amounts of protein or fat in them (except for avocado, olives, beans,and other really fatty or high protein veg) So whenever you need more cals, eat an apple, strawberries, raspberries even GASP a banana!!

ETA - YOU DO STILL NEED TO COUNT CALORIES IN FRUITS AND VEG, JUST NOT PROTEIN, SODIUM, FAT.

Everyone's advice they've given is great and just to repeat, a full-sugar pop or sugary candy is a great way to add calories without adding anything else and a lot of the pink mamas drank lots of pop when they conceived their girls. One of the common threads was, lots of sweets and yet lots of dieting at the same time.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; November 19th, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great information! This will make my sway much easier. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So whenever you need more cals, eat an apple, strawberries, raspberries even GASP a banana!!
    hahaha love this!! Poor bananas!!!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find eating fruit really helped me - it fills up your stomach but contains relatively low calories for the physical quantity that you have to eat...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ohh, coke, full fat coke???? Yipee!!

I know Im doing mainly IG diet but also read LE, but is the point to go low sugar levels though?
    I love coke but have had diet and caffiene free, are we suppossed to not have caffiene too?

Would love a can of coke a day as my cals are around 1000 a day but dont want to stop loosing at the time of ovulation which is about 4 weeks away and dont think Ill have any fat left to loose then! My sugar levels do tend to drop quite low even after sugary stuff so do you think a can of coke a day is a good idea to raise calorie levels, then drop the coke a week before ovulation to hopefully loose that little bit extra?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    ohh, coke, full fat coke???? Yipee!!

I know Im doing mainly IG diet but also read LE, but is the point to go low sugar levels though?
    I love coke but have had diet and caffiene free, are we suppossed to not have caffiene too?

Would love a can of coke a day as my cals are around 1000 a day but dont want to stop loosing at the time of ovulation which is about 4 weeks away and dont think Ill have any fat left to loose then! My sugar levels do tend to drop quite low even after sugary stuff so do you think a can of coke a day is a good idea to raise calorie levels, then drop the coke a week before ovulation to hopefully loose that little bit extra?
    1) No, the point is to have low BLOOD sugar levels. You can eat sugar and have low blood sugar levels, because when you eat sweets your body releases insulin to counteract the sugar and it ends up causing your blood sugar to drop even lower than it was to begin with. Sugar sways pink (and even IG agrees!!) Just don't eat constantly all day long (because blood sugar goes up and stays up because you're always eating) or eat great huge meals that take forever to digest (because eating protein and carbs together make your blood sugar stay higher longer). It's ok to eat normal sized meals containing both protein and carbs, just not HUGE ones.

Hence, YES I think it's a great idea for you to have a Coke now and then, because your blood sugar will drop low after you drink it AND it's a source of calories w/out protein and fat and sodium.

2)You CAN have caffeine, it is fine (and even allowed on FGD in addition to LE). IG believed that caffeine (and soda all together) blocked calcium absorption but that is a myth that has been debunked. You would have to drink like fatal levels for months to have any effect on your bone mass.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast