Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi im new & looking for advice..

Hi guys, i am new and have been ttc for what will be my 9th cycle this cycle..
    i am 29, husband 30.
    I would love a baby girl, but am becoming slightly "worried" at lack of baby thus so far..
    I am not going to lie i am overweight, i can eat more calories then a normal person and still Burn calories during day, atleast according to my apple watch, and it mostly does seem accurate as i lose weight as expected. So basically i can eat 2000 and burn in a day a average of 2500. In terms of girl sway diet, would just burning calories and not going over be enough? I dont do any exercise (eek).. i would like to do some toning up as tummy is big
    I dont eat very healthy, i eat a apple a day, fruit juice of some kind (grapefruit now as i heared it helps get CM friendly), apart from that i drink diet drinks and a mug of tea a day.. occasionally i will have a 2litre bottle of fizzy pop (max sugar all terrible).. I do tend to eat when i wake up, but... finish eating each day early .. so 4pm finish, 7am eating breakfast.
    In terms of trying we have been primarily focusing on +opk tries.. husband now takes wellmans conception and seemingly produces more but whether its good or bad stuff who knows..

I am looking into SMEP.. (every 2 days then 3 days straight at +opk and day off, last try).

Just wanted some advice and even if it is sensible for me to even attempt a sway considering been 9 months..

Thank you in advanced.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to know what you're doing so far to a) sway and b) get pregnant at all. I am not talking about diet stuff, I'm talking about frequency of release, any supplements you're taking, any douches or jellies, etc. Are you doing shallow release, jump and dump, having hubby wear a jock or take hot baths or anything along those lines?

Also are you having a regular cycle?? How many days long? How are you tracking if at all? When are your attempts in relation to when your period comes.

PLEASE do not go to SMEP yet. And drop the grapefruit juice, I don't thnk that is our issue here. SMEP will sway strongly blue and we need to try changing things over time instead of all at once going into blue mode.

The first think you need to do is to stop doing one attempt at positive OPK and start having unprotected sex every 4 days starting after your period ends and continuing on till you are certian you have ovulated, even if that means going all the way through till your next period begins. My first suspicion is that you're just not having attempt at the proper time and at any rate it's time to change that up anyway.

No, burning calories isn't enough for a pink sway. I suspect you may also be eating too many carbs and that doesn't help you get pregnant. So I would have you switch from white refined carbs and sugar to whole grains, fruit, and veg (not fruit juice, which is quite sugary - even grapefruit! - but actually whole fresh fruit) . I want you eating full fat dairy ONLY, no skim or even part skim, and be sure you're having 1 serving of full fat dairy every day. Above all else, if you don't want to change anything else, do that.

Stopping eating at 4 pm and eating breakfast at 7 am is totally fine. keep doing that

Then if you wnat to do a sway diet on top of that we can but I think in the here and now, the most important thing dietwise is that you cut the intake of refined carbs somewhat because that may be affecting egg quality negatively.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and YES you should try swaying because we have ways that you can both boost your chances of conceiving from what you've been doing while having what will very likely be a better sway than you're doing now.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi i havent been swaying as such to be honest.
    Regarding tries they are around positive opk time typically BD thruout till a temperature rise confirms O.
    I have charted for past 6 months cycles gone down from 32 days to 30.. (weight loss factor?)
    I dont have friendly cm.. i was under impression grapefruit juice helped it and seems to have somewhat.. before it was creamy thruout i never have ewcm even with grapefruit j.. just slightly better then creamy and instead watery. I Ovulated between day 15-20.
    I dont like every 4 days try as i would miss it i feel
    I thought with SMEP to do BD 3 days row would lower count & help a girl? I know people who have done SMEP and got a girl?
    Im glad stopping eating at 4 and eating 7 works
    So you recomend better dairy? Wholegrains (i am eating brown toast), Veg and fruit . I really should avoid sugar? Again under impression sugar sways girl but also hurts fertility.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add, i am using conceive plus as a lubricant. We need lube anyway and why not something more friendly?

Can i ask what problem is with fruit juice? Its strange because ive drunk it forever and it feels part of my day now

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sofkay View Post
    Hi i havent been swaying as such to be honest.
    Regarding tries they are around positive opk time typically BD thruout till a temperature rise confirms O.
    I have charted for past 6 months cycles gone down from 32 days to 30.. (weight loss factor?)
    I dont have friendly cm.. i was under impression grapefruit juice helped it and seems to have somewhat.. before it was creamy thruout i never have ewcm even with grapefruit j.. just slightly better then creamy and instead watery. I Ovulated between day 15-20.
    I dont like every 4 days try as i would miss it i feel
    I thought with SMEP to do BD 3 days row would lower count & help a girl? I know people who have done SMEP and got a girl?
    Im glad stopping eating at 4 and eating 7 works
    So you recomend better dairy? Wholegrains (i am eating brown toast), Veg and fruit . I really should avoid sugar? Again under impression sugar sways girl but also hurts fertility.

Ok. BD several times in the fertile window may sway blue so we need to focus on adding attempts in a way that boosts odds of conception without undermining your sway. I want you to start off having unprotected sex every 4 days (in an every 72 hour pattern) after your period ends and go on doing that all through the month until you're certain you have ovulated, even if that means going all the way through to your next period starting. One of the main reasons people don't get pregnant is that they have attempts at the wrong time and this guards against that happening.

And then add in one more attempt at positive OPK whenever that falls. So you'll be doing both e4d and a positive OPK attempt (and if this falls on the same day, just have an attempt the next morning or two in a row or whatever.) You will not miss your ovulation this way and in fact it is very likely BETTER chance of conception than having several BD in a row becuase depending on when you ovulate, your husband may get depleted and then by the time the egg shows up he'll have a very low count.

Grapefruit juice likely sways blue and since you want a baby girl we need to ditch that now. Watery IS fertile CM. YOu do not need to have stretchy EWCM.

No, SMEP does not sway pink. We have evidence that indicates pretty clearly that 3 attempts in the fertile window sways hugely blue even with an otherwise good pink sway. Our results show that one attempt is "pinkest" at about 70%, two attempts had about 65% pink, and then this fell all the way down to only 45% girls conceived with 3 attempts in the fertile window. I am not saying people never get girls with SMEP, they do, but nothing in swaying ever comes down to one thing the way you're thinking of it. Because lower fertility may indicate a couple is more "set" for girls, and people go to SMEP after having trouble conceiving, this may make it ~look~ like SMEP is more pink-friendly than it really is.

You're only 29, you have at least a little time to play around with sway tactics and I advise you give the e4d plus one more attempt at positive OPK a chance first before doing SMEP.

Yes, you really should avoid sugar. Sugar does not sway pink and for people who have insulin resistance/PCOS tendencies, sugar can actually raise their blood sugar levels and testosterone, possibly swaying blue. The reason some sites say "sugar sways pink" is for reasons of pH (and diet does not directly affect pH, they are incorrect about how that works) and because many moms of all daughters tend to eat a very poor diet where they have candy and diet coke for lunch and then get girls doing that. But they get girls becuase their diets are so nutrient poor and not because "sugar sways pink." Sugar is really bad for egg quality and since we don't know what is going on with you, I think we need to assume you're likely getting too many refined carbs right now and it won't hurt anything for you to cut back on those in favor of full fat milk, whole grains, fruit, and veg. We actually get better results with that type of diet anyway so you're not hurting your sway to go that route.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sofkay View Post
    To add, i am using conceive plus as a lubricant. We need lube anyway and why not something more friendly?

Can i ask what problem is with fruit juice? Its strange because ive drunk it forever and it feels part of my day now

Small amounts of Conceive Plus (the barest minimum needed for comfortable intercourse) are ok, we often use that for pink swayers who have gone on a long time not getting pregnant. Larger amounts likely sway blue so please use only the smallest amount necessary to get the job done.

Fruit juice is both a highly concentrated source of nutrients (nutrients may sway blue) and it's also very sugary because it's simply the squeezed out juice without the fiber of the fruit. The fiber in whole fruit alters the way your blood sugar rises and slows that down, makes it not rise as high as fruit juice does. Since high blood sugar both sways blue and may harm egg quality, I think that is something you could easily change to see if it benefits you in any way for conceiving while also helping your sway.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your help its great i am waiting for my first positive opk this month but i need to add i switched opks recently as i was using clearblue but this was costing too much, my last cycle i used cheap opks and i noticed i had 3 days of positive opks!? Day 1 a same colour positive Day 2 a very dark and Day 3 a same colour positive before it going back to negative again..? When do i try? (also this cycle i ovulated on last day of positive opk).

To add i only used grapefruit juice as i had creamy cm all thru cycle, never once watery or ewcm, when i took grapefruit juice i got my first bit of watery cm (ive never had it!) but i also have never had ewcm even now...

So if i am understand attempts outside fertile window they are best at every 4 days so for example day 4,8,12,16,20,24..?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add...
    Husband takes 1 pill of Wellmans conception

I take Folic acid

My eating habits are typical of eating 5x a day, 6 at most, 4 minimum. I burn calories every day as i am currently dieting, Typically 500 calories a day.

Can i please get some advice on the best lunch i could eat to help sway? I eat breakfast, but i tend to just have a snack bar for lunch :/

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not unusual to have 3 days of positive OPK. You will ovulate average of 36 hours after the first positive OPK (not the darkest) so count it that way, from the first of any brand.

You want to count the days in the every 72 hours or "Monday/Thursday" pattern (not those days but that is how u count the days.) So you'd actually go CD 4,7,10, 13, 16. This ensures you will always have one viable attempt. Then you'll plunk that OPK attempt down whenever it falls, for two attempts. This will help boost chance of conception while avoiding having too many attempts which sways blue, and because you'll be having attempts all month long you're guarding against delayed ovulation or early ovulation as well.

I am not a fan of Wellman's as it has some ingredients in it like ginseng and maca and megadose nutrients, that may be worse than nothing for sperm health. I would have him wean off of it or take it only 3x a week instead.

How many calories are you eating every day?

There is no "best" lunch to sway. People eat all sorts of things - salad, yogurt, bagel, sandwich...I often had a bean and cheese burrito or a hummus wrap for lunch when I was swaying. Snack bars are ok as long as they're not fortified with lots of added vitamins.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast