Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Diet - how much did you lose while on it?

Hi,

It would be interesting to see how much weight people have lost while on a girl diet. So what diet are/were you on and how much weight did you lose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    too much!!

when I started the diet in August I weighed 105lbs. 6 weeks later I was down to 98lbs. 2 weeks after that I was at 95lbs (just one lb above being underweight for my height) so I had to stop to try and regain weight.

I spent 5 weeks trying to regain weight, and got back up to 100lbs.... but since starting the diet again less than a week ago I'm already back down to 96lbs

it's sooooo hard to slow weight loss especially if you're on the slim side to begin with!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had weight to lose and on the LE diet I lost 42lb in 3 months.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I had weight to lose and on the LE diet I lost 42lb in 3 months.
    Just out of interest where on the BMI scale were you when you conceived?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GeCon - BMI is shown to not sway - according to the Oxford study women who conceived both boys and girls had identical average weight and average BMI too

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    GeCon - BMI is shown to not sway - according to the Oxford study women who conceived both boys and girls had identical average weight and average BMI too
    Interesting to know although I was only asking to get an idea of whereabouts the weight was. Can a very low BMI not delay ovulation though?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started out the diet in May at about 128-130 lbs - the same weight I was when I conceived all my boys. I lost 20lbs while on the diet the first time, mostly within the first 2 months.

I gained 13 lbs back during the 2 months and a bit I was pregnant (oh, all that glorious food I was suddenly allowed to eat again after 4 months of denying myself all my favourite things!).

Since my m/c 4 weeks ago, I've lost 7-8 lbs of the weight I had gained. I'm happy with my weight right now - hovering between 115 and 116 - and am trying to make sure I eat enough calories so I don't lose much more. I felt I was too skinny when on the diet the first time and wondering if it was hindering my attempts to get pregnant.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    Wow! Interesting, rainbow. I didn't realize that but it's good to know!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't lose a whole lot on the diet but then again didn't have a lot to lose. I didn't have trouble losing too much too quickly either but many swayers do. With my last sway, I was about 113 and then went down to 108. I'm 5' 4.5" FWIW.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you have a BMI that's TOO low it can actually stop ovulation, not just delay it

I do think the change in weight/health sways, just not the actual weight! there was some evidence that women who are lighter at a conception after a recent birth than they were before conceiving their previous pregnancy are more likely to have girls (or something like that)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast