Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Ovulation Monitor

I tried to search for info on ovulation monitors, but could not find any threads or posts. How do you use your ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor with your girl sway? If you get a Peak reading does that mean a +OPK or do you have to use regular OPKs as well? Or can you just use the monitor w/o regular OPKs? Any help or advice is much appreciated!
    42 38, , 13, 11,6, 4 & !!!
    "There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." Exodus 23:26

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kraizy,
    I think I o the day I get a peak....sometimes I get 5 high days sometimes ony 2.
    There have been two months with no peak or low to peak with no high day.
    Yes, I have been using it that long!!!!!!!! GRRR!
    Are you trying for girl? If I remember you were.
    I tried to use it for cutoff with no luck....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes the peak on the CBFM is the equivalent to a pos OPK, but you can feel free to use additional OPKs if you want to catch your surge the night before the CBFM would pick it up

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon2012 View Post
    Hey Kraizy,
    I think I o the day I get a peak....sometimes I get 5 high days sometimes ony 2.
    There have been two months with no peak or low to peak with no high day.
    Yes, I have been using it that long!!!!!!!! GRRR!
    Are you trying for girl? If I remember you were.
    I tried to use it for cutoff with no luck....
    Is this the Lemon from IG? Nice to see you here too!!! I am swaying for a girl. I was thinking of a cutoff, but with our ages and so forth, I think we will go another route.
    "There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days." Exodus 23:26

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    yes the peak on the CBFM is the equivalent to a pos OPK, but you can feel free to use additional OPKs if you want to catch your surge the night before the CBFM would pick it up
    So if I get a PEAK on cd20, then I should get a +OPK on cd19 with regular OPK's? Is this why FF will give you crosshairs on CD20 the peak day because you get a +OPK the day before and O is normally the day after or so?

Do you think I should use OPK's as well or just use the monitor? I hate to spend more money if the CBE is doing the job?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kraizy!
    Yep, I was on IG. I got too stressed,..no one ever said to dtd unless you know for fact when o was, which is really hard! lol!
    I am usually fairly certain when I o...I get positive OPK, the next day like clockwork a positive on CBFM and if my temp is cooperating a temp rise. However, factors can change this....sometimes the OPK does not show up until really late like 11 pm and that is bc I am a huge POAS girl some months or if it is late I keep testing. Two months the CBFM did not work as it remembers the month before and if it is different or you try to trick it to use less sticks it can skip a peak or go from low to peak.
    What is your sway atttempt?
    If you plan on doing o plus the cbfm should be fine. If you want a cut off the OPK would be more helpful.
    What day are you?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kraizy!
    Yep, I was on IG. I got too stressed,..no one ever said to dtd unless you know for fact when o was, which is really hard! lol!
    I am usually fairly certain when I o...I get positive OPK, the next day like clockwork a positive on CBFM and if my temp is cooperating a temp rise. However, factors can change this....sometimes the OPK does not show up until really late like 11 pm and that is bc I am a huge POAS girl some months or if it is late I keep testing. Two months the CBFM did not work as it remembers the month before and if it is different or you try to trick it to use less sticks it can skip a peak or go from low to peak.
    What is your sway atttempt?
    If you plan on doing o plus the cbfm should be fine. If you want a cut off the OPK would be more helpful.
    What day are you?
    I am still trying to figure out my sway for this month. It's really hard to come from IG and then read so many contradictions on this site. I am more inclined to trust this site as it is running so much better and the posts as to why you need to do this or that make so much more sense to me. Like a Diva cup, I thought I should use one on IG so I got one, now I see that you should not use one on this site. It pools the swimmers which would leave more boys than girls in the mix, which is how I got my last two boys but with Instead cups. I was going to use Replens but found out RePhresh was better to use a few days prior as it is not diluted with cm and or semen. It keep PH at 4.5 no matter what it comes in contact with from what I have read. So using Replens prior before or after DTD is not recommended and I have been doing that too!!! Grrrrh!!! I bought the RePhresh tonight and think I can use it before I get a PEAK on my CBE monitor. I am CD16 and got PEAK last month on CD19 and 20, so I need to use it tonight I guess? I am thinking that I will do multiple attempts right after O or before since we are older TTC and I have had some issues with my hormone levels. I am anemic, VitD deficient, and my thyroid level is a little out of whack, so then again I could just DTD through O? I really don't know and have been trying to figure all this out, but my time is running out this month and I need to do something quick I think. DH has been abstaining since Saturday, so not sure if it is enough time? Just so confused!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi KD
    I find the other site hard bc no matter what they all want to do o plus 12. Atomic and others explain why that makes it hard to get pregnant. I also feel in order for it to work they use lime douch etc and all of those things will not help us get pregnant being older.
    I am most likely 4 days away....so fr is out for me.
    I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to dtd as today might be too far out...but what if i o early????
    We have definitely abstained.....nothing much since last time we tried to conceive, I am worried leaving it this long is a bad idea at our age.
    I am sick right now and I just want to go to sleep!
    I am using rephresh tonight.....maybe not the whole thing though.,....you?

You have 4 boys...do you know how you conceived them? Would you try something different? Age is a positive for us right!
    I also have a thyroid problem and I am on medicine for it.

For my two boys I did abstain and 1-2 day one time attempt
    and the other was every other day on clomid as I had PCOS.

So, I might have to work harder to get pregnant...not sure!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi KD
    I find the other site hard bc no matter what they all want to do o plus 12. Atomic and others explain why that makes it hard to get pregnant. I also feel in order for it to work they use lime douch etc and all of those things will not help us get pregnant being older. I totally agree and I tried the lime and it just burned me. I could never get the PH right.
    I am most likely 4 days away....so fr is out for me. I think I am in the same boat as you then. CD17 but last cycle I Oed on CD21 according to FF. My DH has not released since Saturday, so really not sure if he should keep abstaining or not and then try for O+12 or whatever. Was thinking about a 3 day cut off which would make our attempt tonight I think and then go for the O+12 once I do O, but I used the RePhresh last night and my CM is just the RePhresh right now. I figure keeping my PH 4.5 for the next 3 days is a good thing and a cutoff would work, but now I am thinking I was supposed to use RePhresh 3 days earlier than I did? I just don't know. Do I do the cut off now using the RePhresh?
    I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to dtd as today might be too far out...but what if i o early???? Last month I relied on my CBE monitor cause I did not think I needed to use OPKs, but apparently you are, and this am I got what I think is +OPK? I will post a pic if I can figure out how to do it on this post.
    We have definitely abstained.....nothing much since last time we tried to conceive, I am worried leaving it this long is a bad idea at our age. I had been given the advice of DTD on +OPK day, O, O+12, and so on because of our ages, so I really don't know what to do????
    I am sick right now and I just want to go to sleep!Being sick is supposed to sway girl, so that may work in your favor!
    I am using rephresh tonight.....maybe not the whole thing though.,....you? I looked at the thread comparing Replens and RePhresh and decided to use the entire applicator as the thread directed 3 days prior to your attempt and then you are supposed to use 1/2 applicator 12 hr after attempt, so that is what I did last night before I went to bed. Never used it before and this morning I had this clear stuff, which was the RePhresh on my toilet paper. I guess the checking CM from now on is out of the question LOL?

You have 4 boys...do you know how you conceived them? With the first two boys, I know that I never JAD at all I just went to sleep after and my DH likes the AM better than the PM, so AM boys for sure. Would you try something different? Well no AM DTD for sure, so PM DTD. I am thinking of JAD, but since we are older, I wonder if his sperm count is low already? Part of me just want to just start DTD now and continue throughout O, but use the RePhresh as I already have to keep PH low. If I do that, I think the 3days DH has abstained we should or should not use that sperm? Release it, then do multiple attempts through O? Age is a positive for us right! From what I hear yes being older sways girls and my youngest son is 3, so I am hoping 3 years is long enough to get us a girl. I mean having 4 boys, the odds should be in my favor right LOL!!!
    I also have a thyroid problem and I am on medicine for it. Do you still have your thyroid? Mine was removed and I have been on Synthroid since 2003 at 175mcg. Have you had your levels checked lately?

For my two boys I did abstain and 1-2 day one time attempt I think trying the opposite could definitely help, but knowing what to do is the problem LOL.
    and the other was every other day on clomid as I had PCOS. I have heard Clomid sways girls, but you had a boy, huh, interesting.

So, I might have to work harder to get pregnant...not sure! It should really not be this hard LOL!!!!
    photo (2).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto (3).jpg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kraizy - just want to clarify one thing - it's not that the Diva leaves more boys than girls, it's that it leaves MORE sperm all together which for reasons we don't understand, sways blue in some way.

I personally think that for TTC a girl, when we're doing other things that sway and are bad for sperm (like RepHresh), it's always a good idea to BD closer to O. You might even want to do several attempts in the fertile window, like O-3, o-2, o-1, o, and day after O in case you release two eggs. Or you can do any combo of those days if that feels too risky for you.

Sorry i can't answer any q's regarding fertility monitors because I've never used them, but there are some threads about them on the site (my computer's not working well the last few days so I can't post links but hoping someone else can.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast