Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sudden spike in PH -- Help?!?!

TTC Girl. I've been testing my CM now a few months and it is always low, somewhere between 4-5ph. This is without the diet (which I unfortunately am not doing, I know...I'm an idiot!). But drinking lots of CL to help counteract. Not sure if I will take any antihistamines, tried Zyrtec with O+12 and it really really dried me up...so not sure about that. This month I've decided to abandon abstinence and O+12. Tried for 2 months with BFN and we are older (40 &41) so no time to spare. Also we had infrequent BD with our sons (only 2x for first, and 1x for second), so I feel opposite is the way to go for me, DH is doing FR everyday that we don't BD to lower sperm count. Expected O, D13.

We BD'd on D5 & D6. We are suppose to BD again today and tomorrow (D9 &10). But....my usually low ph is suddently spiking, WTF? Yesterday afternoon (D8) it was around 6! I freaked out and ran to drugstore and bought and used some RepHresh (not the whole applicator bec some was left inside). It helped and immediately brought ph back down to 4-4.5. It was good the rest of the day. But now this morning, it was back at 6? Isn't RepHresh suppose to keep working for 3 days?? Should I use more...and how much/how soon before our attempt tonight?

Why is my ph suddenly spiking up? Could it be my DH sperm coming back down and changing my ph? But we BD'd like 3-4 days ago so I would think any extra sperm is long gone by now, right (although DS2 was conceived 5 days before my expected O, so maybe it was still hanging around). HELP, I don't know what to do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry I just now saw this! I'm not sure why you didn't get any answers but just wanted to let you know, always feel free to bump up posts until people reply. Sometimes things get missed and I was away over the holidays and just now getting caught back up.

For anyone in their late 30's-40's I STRONGLY suggest not doing abstinence or O+12 so I'm glad to see you dropping those. You may as well be on birth control. Abstinence is bad for older men's sperm and older women, our eggs don't even LIVE 12 hours past ovulation many times. (I'm 41 1/2 myself and helping older couples conceive is my nubmer one priority)

I suspect as you're getting close to O, you're making extra CM (which may be just what the doctor ordered for getting pg BTW) I'ts not that your pH is spiking, it's just doing what it is supposed to do. pH at ovulation is naturally on the rise and you don't need to fear that process. It's HIGHLY unlikely that X sperm "love" or require pH of 4 to conceive a girl - ALL sperm, both X and Y, thrive on pH in the 7's.

RepHresh can get somewhat diluted and washed away, so if your pH goes up after using it, just use some more. It is supposed to work for three days but sometimes a lot comes out right when you use it, or you make a lot of CM and it just needs a little more help to get the job done. I would not use it RIGHT before your attempt, but 6-12 hours before your attempt you can use a bit more to get you over the hump.

Your husband's sperm is not coming back down, it's EWCM which is SUPPOSED to raise your pH at ovulation. That is totally normal and will help you get pg.

If you don't like the IG-style diet, I have my Low Everything diet available in the Dream Members section that may be easier to stick to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ