Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question multiple positive OPKs - TMI warning!

Hey ladies!

This is my first cycle tracking ovulation with OPK strips. I am on CD 18 of a 28-ish day cycle, assuming this cycle is similar to last. I use FMU when testing.

I started using the strips at CD 7 and got my first positive on CD 11. Leading up to CD 11, two lines were present, but tests were negative. The positive on CD 11 was very obvious.

On CD 12-14, there were still 2 lines present, but the tests definitely appeared negative. My CM was pretty fertile looking and the cervix felt fertile as well.

CD 15-18 (today) have been very, very clear positives. The test line is even darker than the control line. My CM is much less than past days, still thin, but cloudier than a couple of days ago and the cervix is hard.

A little bit of background:

I have PCOS. I have had fairly regular cycles for a while although they got kind of weird a couple of months ago, but the past 2 have been normal. I usually use a combination of rhythm, CM, cervical position, and other physical symptoms to figure my fertile times. I haven't been successful at temping because I work very weird hours and my sleep schedule is even weirder.

I also take vitex and SP every day of my cycles usually.

Questions:

Does anyone know if too much LH is present in women with PCOS that could result in multiple positive OPKs?

Or could the vitex and SP be giving false positives because of how these medications can affect hormone levels?

Please share your insight.
    Last edited by fresas; December 23rd, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fresas it's possible, although a lot of experts now believe that the eggs go through multiple waves of maturation - you don't always ovulate the first time.
    it's possible your body tried to ovulate around CD11 but failed for some reason (perhaps the eggs weren't quite mature enough)
    and you're now having a second attempt at ovulating

it's the follicles themselves that produce LH as they mature, so it would be unlikely to be caused by PCOS itself unless you had lots of maturing eggs that weren't quite ready yet

you can also get a positive OPK if you're pregnant as OPKs can detect HCG

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to say the same thing as rainbow - I think probably your body geared up to O then didn't succeed the first time around. Do you temp as well?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies!

Hmmm. I'm still getting super positive OPKs. This is really weird. It is weird, too, because I have seen my own negative tests, but now every one is positive.

I don't think I'm continually ovulating, not this long, right? The test line is definitely darker that the control line, too.

Mocha, I tried temping one cycle, but because my work and sleep schedule are so weird, my temperatures were all over the place. I may try again next cycle because I'm very confused. The OPKs say one thing, the CM and CP say another. I'm still having very stringy, almost EWCM, but CP is hard.

I tested my PH at CD 11 and then today and the CM PH is 4.5 both times. Not that PH and positive OPKs have anything in common, but I just thought I would share.

If I'm pregnant, blow me down. We definitely TTA this cycle.
    Last edited by fresas; December 26th, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
    03 08

03-06-12

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    have you taken a pregnancy test?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fresas - I avoided temping for a long time too for the same reasons as you, but I finally decided SOME temps were better than no temps, and I'm finding I still see a distinct pattern even though the temps are taken at all different times of the night, and sometimes after I've been to one of the kids' rooms to find a soother/get water or something like that. Now I really rely on my temps - it helps answer questions nothing else will.

Also - I was going to ask the same thing as rainbow - have you taken a pregnancy test?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't tried a HPT yet since I'm still 7-8 days away from my expected period. When I was pregnant last time, I took a HPT 5 days before my expected period and it was correctly positive. Maybe I will take one in a couple of days? Is that a good plan?

I had another positive OPK today. If I'm not pregnant, I will try temping again next cycle.
    03 08

03-06-12

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    update? are the OPKs still positive?
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today, finally, a negative one! Both lines are still present, but definitely not positive.

I am going to take a pregnancy test tomorrow, but I'm feeling that will be negative.

What is weird this cycle, too, is that I am have very mild PMS symptoms. Usually by now I have very sore boobs, may be a little bit moody, have some food cravings, and am bloated. Nothing like this so far, maybe just some slight bloating.

Next cycle, I will try temping and will also do OPKs every day again. I will report what happens.
    03 08

03-06-12

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I don't get here to update every day. With my work schedule, it can be challenging to even check my email! I'm usually eating and doing computer stuff at the same time to save time.
    03 08

03-06-12

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast