Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome, Drama! when are you TTC?

2nd Jan:
    morning: nothing!
    12pm: winter veg soup + 1 slice of toast with butter, choc cake that DH bought for me! 1 cupcake
    6pm: Sainsbury's golden veg rice, some segments of choc orange

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Rainbow. AF should be here tomorrow or thereabouts and I will not be TTC this cycle. So I should ovulate mid-January (not TTC) and then again mid-February (first TTC!!!).

Question for anyone: How much should we be concerned with eating the same things over and over again? For example, as I said, I really enjoy the butter-friend eggwhites and mayo on bread. So long as I'm keeping under my values (calories, protein, whatnot), is it a problem if I'm eating eggs (not yolks) everyday? Or should it still be more of a couple of times a week thing because of the general healthfulness of eggwhites?
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as you stay within the limits that's fine

someone had a theory that variety also sways blue because it means lots of food is available

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabird View Post
    I'm excited to finally be able to join in on the food thread -- I've been planning my sway for half-past forever and am now at the start of my six weeks! I started the diet on Dec. 30, so here are my past three days:

Dec. 30:
    Morning: caffeine-free Diet Coke, folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: Activia Fiber yogurt, string cheese, 1 slice Wonder bread (105 mg. sodium) with a Tbsp. of jelly, two servings of Trader Joe's unsalted tortilla chips with 2 Tbsp. of Paul Newman's salsa (65 mg. sodium), 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's strawberry syrup (empty calories -- woo hoo! ), peach applesauce, two chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies.

Mid-afternoon: CF Diet Coke

Dinner: three eggwhites cooked in 1 Tbsp. butter served with 1 Tbsp. mayo (65 mg. sodium) on 1 slice Wonder bread (this egg-on-bread combo is super yummy, savory and satisfying), 1 cup of rice milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 12 gummy worms.

Evening: peppermint tea (1 bag, 2 packets of Equal)

Dec. 30 totals:
    calories: 1615
    calories from fat: 455
    fat grams: 53
    sodium: 1020 mg.
    protein grams: 48
    calcium: 1380

So, a bit too much on the sodium and protein fronts -- I blame the string cheese. So it'll be a pretty rare thing for me to include again. I'll also reduce the egg whites to two instead of three.

Dec. 31:
    Morning: folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: 2 slices Wonder bread (105 mg. sodium each) with a Tbsp. of jelly and 1 Tbsp. of butter, slightly more than one servings of Trader Joe's unsalted tortilla chips with 2 Tbsp. of Paul Newman's salsa (65 mg. sodium), 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1/4 cup Skittles

Mid-afternoon: CF Diet Coke and double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal)

Dinner: cup of white mushrooms and one small/med. zucchini, stirfried in 1 Tbsp. butter with one cup of cooked white rice, 8 oz. skim milk with Hershey's strawberry syrup, Activia Fiber yogurt, 12 gummy worms.

Evening: CF Diet Coke with sugar-free Torani cherry syrup.

Dec. 31 totals:
    calories: 1575
    calories from fat: 305
    fat grams: 37.5
    sodium: 754 mg.
    protein grams: 31
    calcium: 1210

Quite a bit better on the values from the day before. Is it possible this diet is actually doable after all? Ignoring, of course, the fact that I wake up hungry, am hungry by mid-afternoon and am hungry by bedtime. Besides that.

Jan. 1
    Morning: double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal), folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: serving of the mushroom/zucchini/butter/rice serving identical to last night's dinner, 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, peach applesauce, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1/8 cup Skittles.

Afternoon: double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal)

Dinner: two eggwhites cooked in 1 Tbsp. butter served with 1 Tbsp. mayo (65 mg. sodium) on 1 slice Wonder bread, homemade strawberry smoothie (1 cup rice milk, 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup low-fat strawberry kefir, 2 Tbsp. Hershey's strawberry syrup), 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1 Rice Krispies treat*.

Evening: CF Diet Coke

Jan. 1 totals:
    calories: 1708
    calories from fat: 420
    fat grams: 47
    sodium: 726.5
    protein grams: 36.5
    calcium: 1130

Okay, here's a recipe for those struggling with getting enough calories (and also still have some wiggle room with your fat, protein and sodium): "Double-goo" Rice Krispies treats -- this gets you the extra "empties" from marshmallows and butter, without going excessive on the amount of cereal (which has some vitamins and nutrients).

6 Tablespoons butter
    80 large marshmallows
    6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows in pot over low heat. When completely melted, stir into Rice Krispies and spread in a greased 9x13 pan. When it's cooled enough to slice, I sliced it into eight equal portions. If my math is correct, this portion (1/8 of the pan) gives you 403 calories (75 of which are from fat) 8 grams fat, 151 mg. sodium and 4 g. protein. If you have the willpower to slice the whole pan into 16 pieces, then of course, all those values can be halved.

In the eight-per-pan portion size, this is definitely a once-in-awhile treat (as in, I'd better only make a pan once a month and hope that DH and DSs eat most of them! ) but it's a nice change-up from gummies and Skittles.

So far today (it's 1 p.m.), I've had a CF Diet Coke, a double peppermint tea and my pills (Vitex, folic acid, fiber), but nothing caloric to eat. Normally, I'm aiming to eat at noon (no earlier) and 6 p.m. (no earlier), but tonight I'm taking my kids over to my parents' house for a movie night and we'll probably be there from 5:30-7:30 or so. I don't want to eat before that because I'll be starving well before bedtime. So I'm planning on eating after the kids and I get home ... therefore, I'm trying to push myself on lunch as long as I can, so I'm not (yep, you guessed it) starving during the movie -- especially since I'm sure my dad will bring in popcorn, pop and Junior Mints.

Good luck, ladies!!!

I miss marshmallows/rice krispie treats. Haven't been able to eat them since I became vegetarian almost 13 years ago...

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also was wondering about marshmallows since I have a couple of bags left from holidays, I usually eat them by handfuls, so they are ok, right??
    Like I've said in previous posts - can't drink milk, haven't in years!!! But if I must maybe chocolate would allow me to chug it down, one glass a day, maybe...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think generally people have been using them to boost calories on this diet. However, I myself cannot as they are not vegetarian (I'm vegetarian and there is gelatin in them.)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they're ok in small amounts, but I wouldn't eat a whole bag of them or anything since they do have gelatin in them, which sways boy....
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I've been eating rice krispie treats. I guess I'll stop when the box is gone!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhhh...it feels good to be home and finally in control of my meals again after a week and a half of being a guest in other people's houses!

7am: coffee
    1pm: low sodium small roll dipped in balsamic vinegar, 2 Peek Freans Lifestyles cookies
    5:30pm: 1.5 servings pasta with homemade primavera sauce (leeks, mushrooms, zucchini, and 'no salt added' canned tomatoes) + parmesan
    8:30pm: green grapes, vanilla frozen yogurt with raspberries, Sour Patch Kids, 4 Pringles

Calories: 1383
    Protein: 40g
    Sodium: 511mg
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mocha-do you get your frozen yogurt from the grocery store or as soft serve from a frozen yogurt shop? It is one of my faves, and I was having it a lot and then I stopped, I think I am going to start it up again, I am trying to decide what my go to meals are going to be for the weeks ahead!

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast