Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissnaughty7 View Post
    hi guys going to be starting my diet in a week, ive put my info of the foods ive planned to eat onto myfitness pal and im shocked as its alot easier than i thought, or am i doing something wronge please take a look Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com
    When I click on the link, it says that I'm not permitted to see your food diary. Could you go into the settings and change it to make it public? I use MFP as well and I it!!!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to leave to pick up my son from school but I'll try to pop back on today to catch up w/the last 3 pages of this thread...still haven't been able to do so but I'm so excited that this thread is hoppin'!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Jen, amari. You don't have any weight to lose, so as long as you're not gaining, I think you need those extra calories!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jen - I'm soooo soryr you're having trouble adjusting the diet to make it easier for you. This is just my humble opinion, but if you're having trouble eating breakfast anyway maybe you should go back to dropping it. Instead you could eat an early lunch at 11 or so, an early dinner at 4-5 and you could still have a snack (give in to the CANDY!) in the evening. Whatever you do, take care of yourself and make sure you're getting enough calories. Let's keep your body in prime health so you can create your perfect little girl in a week or so .

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jen, you're having trouble eating brekkie? I missed that? Is your new diet not working for you? That seems like a long stretch from 2:30 to 7:30 the next day? Are you still doing your fiber smoothies at all?

I haven't been able to try to log onto the diary yet, hope to try after I grab a shower if my little one is still napping....

So what i have looks ok to you all? This is just an example if today but actually I will probably end up w a few more desserts. I guess as it gets closer to o I can just drop them.
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, don't starve yourselves! Remember, Atomic has warned about dropping so quickly that then you feel the need to gain a few pounds back and before you know it, boom, you're in boy sway territory. Amari, as little as you are, your size is already swaying pink. I'd just focus on keeping that blood sugar low ... consume generous calories, just try to consolidate them into two, maybe three, sessions. Jen, if you're having a tough time having an appetite for breakfast, then you're going to back yourself in a corner of eating essentially only one meal a day. Forgive me if I missed it; is there a reason you're skipping dinner?

I feel like I'm gobbling down so much food compared to what I'm seeing others post here. I'm not as little as Amari, but on the small side (I'm starting my sway at 107 lbs. at 5'2.5", which is a BMI of 19.3), so I'm trying to start off making absolutely sure I'm hitting at least 1500 calories (and not feeling bad if I get closer to the 1800 end). I'm going to weigh myself once a week and if I'm not losing weight at all, I'll start trimming calories a 100 or so at a time; if the weight is coming off too quickly, I'll try to make it more gradual with additional empty calories. Since there's no way to know how long it will take to conceive, I don't want to leave myself nowhere to go weight-wise (plus it'll freak out my DH if I lose too much).

Stir-fry in butter! Add some mayo to a sandwich! Put flavored syrups in your drinks! So long as you're keeping your fat, protein and sodium levels below the maximum amounts, you don't have to utterly deprive yourselves. Who knows how long we'll be doing these diets, so let's do something we can maintain.

More from Ms. Sagebrush on the importance of 1500-1800 calories: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-calories.html

It's past noon, so I'm off to eat 800 calories of rice, veggies, yogurt, skim milk, cookies and Skittles! May the sway-force be with you!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good advice, dramabird. When I first started to sway last May I dropped the weight waaaayyy too quickly, and then I'd painted myself into a corner and was afraid to eat more calories lest I gain weight. This time I vowed to stick to a minimum of 1500 calories a day, and did that for the most part. It was the perfect amount to help me drop some of the extra pounds I'd gained in my brief pregnancy, but the weight loss stalled at 115lbs, which is a good weight for me, and still over 10 lbs lighter than my past conception weight. After sooooo many months on the LE diet, I think I have a pretty good grasp of what kinds of foods work for me, and I keep track of everything on FitDay to make sure I'm getting enough calories while not going over with anything else. I'm all about dessert and candy!

What went wrong for me this time was the week and a half I spent as a guest at other people's houses, where I couldn't make my own meals, so had to make do with side dishes while everyone else ate the meat main course. Somehow I dropped 10-15 pounds in that week and a half, so THANK GOODNESS I got my BFP today, because I'd be scared to lose anymore weight and I'd worry going back to my 1500 calories would cause me to gain weight. Please stick, little bean!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, little miss, it says it is private.

And, dramabird, I agree, I do stick to 1500 at least to, usually more. I always feel like I eat double what everyone else eats too. I guess we all have to do what is right for us.

Mocha, I am so excited for you bfp!!! And an added bonus is you get to eat!! Yay!
    Last edited by amari; January 3rd, 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    THANK GOODNESS I got my BFP today, because I'd be scared to lose anymore weight and I'd worry going back to my 1500 calories would cause me to gain weight. Please stick, little bean!
    Congratulations, Mocha! Sending you sticky pink dust!!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I conquered the mighty little chocolates at work today... until literally 45 minutes before I was due to leave! GRRR! I had two little ones.

Morning:
    at home - 1 cup peppermint tea
    at work - 1 cup coffee with 1% soy milk

An hour before lunch (I wake up at 5.30am and lunch isn't until 1.30pm, so I was dying!)... half a pack of meerkat gummies.

Lunch: 3 ryvita crispbread originals, with dairylea cheese and iceberg lettuce.

Dinner: A strange concoction of sorts... and it tastes strangely... like chilli (YUM)... without... the beans, and so on... hmmm! Baby button mushrooms, basmati rice, some tinned tomatoes that are low in everything, some low fat creme fraiche, and a few dashes of chilli powder (unsure what the rules are on that one... but it was staring me in the face in the cupboard!). All washed down with about 300ml of pure apple juice (it's only made with apples, zero stuff added to it... no syrups/sugars/etcetera... it's just pressed apples.)

Probably going to have more of the gummies tonight after dinner... I like where my fat/protein numbers are... or else I'd have the weight watchers cookies!

Calories: 1390
    Fat: 28
    Protein: 26
    Sodium: 313

Sometimes I get worried if I get a bit too varied with my meals? Think it matters?

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast