Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it matters if you vary so long as you're still low everything. I found I went in phases - I ate the same thing for a week or two then moved on to something else! Re the fruit juice - personally I'd avoid it. One apple is ok but there are probably several in just a small glass of juice which for me is too much nutrition.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My fear is my diet has overall been a bit too nutrition, considering the mushrooms and so on.

Just when I balance one thing, I fall off on another!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I never worried about eating large amounts of things like mushrooms, zucchini and leeks. I tried to eat a little less of the super healthy veggies like sweet potato, red peppers, etc. - but I still included them in my diet once in a while. You can't live on carbs alone, and veggies help fill you up and keep your food from being too bland.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about mushrooms - unless you're drinking mushroom juice?! I was just thinking it takes so many pieces of fruit to make a glass of juice but I wouldn't worry at all about eating fruit in sane amounts!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mushroom juice... ha, how unappealing is that?

Yeah, I just needed to boost my calories so thought I'd have some.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    suregena, what do the Meerkats taste like and how much are they just out of interest?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mushroom juice mmmmmm

Atomic once told me juice was ok sometimes if you need to boost your cals, but to go for the unhealthy, sugar added juice (like cranberry cocktail) as opposed to 100% juice.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems to me that if you need to "drink" your calories, as it were, it still might be best to turn to reg.soda (or if it's been a long day, vodka -- lol) rather than get all the nutrients that come with the calories in juice.

Re: the vodka in all seriousness ... smirnoffs now makes a marshhmallow vodka that is so yummy it is practically sippable all by itself. And who deserves a bit of a buzz more than us swayers?
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys! I've added % cran juice back into my diet begrudgingly b/c although it has soooo many nutrients, I am plagued w/UTIs and I reaaaallllllly want to avoid them b/c of the antibiotics Suregena, I have also had a few mini-freak-outs about too many nutrients b/c I tend to eat a lot of veggies. Like Mocha said, I try to stick to the less nutrient-packed kind (YAY for leeks!!!) and apples if I have any fruit. I've been really good about sticking to the LE and staying either vegan or vegetarian but my nutrients are probably higher than I'd like. I had to make peace w/that though as I find that I need those veggie nutrients otherwise I feel terrible.

Dramabird, I'm so excited you are joining us and TTC time is just about here for you! I know you've been around awhile studying up on all this and now it's time for you to put it all into action! Originally, I was not eating until about 2:30 in the afternoon, mostly b/c I couldn't eat any earlier (unless it was breakfast) b/c my day is really hectic and I'm gone from 11:00 - 2:00ish most days. Although it was super easy to do this and I wasn't hungry at all, I was not functioning very well and my boys weren't getting the best Mom they deserve. I decided about a week ago that I'd start doing breakfast and then trying to make my last meal between 3-5 as this would still keep the low BS in the picture but just be in reverse. It’s much easier for my sched to have low BS in the afternoon/evening than in the a.m. Either way, I've been struggling to get the cals I want/need in. I am doing A LOT better b/c I can function w/life & the boys great but I still am struggling to get those cals in. I think today, I'll try 7/12/4:30 and try to make the last meal something really sugary to help make my BS plummet for that long stretch w/out food. I think I’ll have to eat 3 meals otherwise I won’t get enough cals in and I want to avoid a huge meal so I don’t increase BS too much. It's such a struggle to eat at 12 b/c as I said, I'm usually gone but I'll try to make it work.

Amari, I had switched back to eating breakkie b/c I was really grouchy and didn’t have the energy I needed to actually be there w/my boys and I started feeling really guilty. It’s so easy for me not to eat until the afternoon but it just wasn’t working out w/the boys. Since I’m not hungry until the afternoon (b/c I’ve been doing this now for awhile), getting breakkie down has been a struggle…I can get maybe 300 cals down but that’s it. I know I could get more down but it wouldn’t correspond w/the LE diet.

I guess I’ll give this breakfast thing a few more days but if I can’t get it together, I’ll have to figure out a way to eat at 11ish/5ish/?ish…Sorry for the rant, guys...I'll figure it out!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realise you had such a schedule conflict - it makes a lot more sense to me now why you want to reintroduce breakfast. For me, I'm always out at playdates, running errands all morning, so it's easiest for me to skip breakfast, but it sounds like your schedule's opposite of mine. Good luck, sweetie - I hope you can make it work. I think it will sway just as strongly as the other way...just make sure you eat enough!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast