Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

January Pink Food Thread

Hey ladies - time to start a new thread!

Today was such an epic fail as far as diet was concerned that I'm not even going to shame myself by listing it all. Tomorrow I'm back home, though, and back to my pasta and creme fraiche staple.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a couple bites of leftover boneless chicken wings, two cinnamon rolls, and some rice... and nothing else. Not my best day! I'm not feeling so hot though, so we'll blame it on that.
    proud momma to FOUR studly dudes
    *** colin | aidan | brendan | duncan ***

-my blog | www.loveandlittleones.com

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xokatietatie View Post
    I had a couple bites of leftover boneless chicken wings, two cinnamon rolls, and some rice... and nothing else. Not my best day! I'm not feeling so hot though, so we'll blame it on that.
    How are you not starving?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally, I would be... but I've just kind of felt very "blah" today.
    proud momma to FOUR studly dudes
    *** colin | aidan | brendan | duncan ***

-my blog | www.loveandlittleones.com

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I need to be inspired! Have totally gone off the diet, feel so bad but needed it as was sooo over it. Thinking I may just get back on track once TWW over and if my PH is still high will skip next month attempt. Meanwhile will enjoy getting ideas from you all.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I am having a strict day... also going to the store to stock back up and friendly girl diet foods/dessert(s).

But the store I am going to is in a different town, so I'll be taking the train and walking (I don't have a car, so I walk everywhere, anyway) and have my nearly 30lb son in a front carrier... BEFORE I eat lunch. That's going to burn off some serious calories... hopefully erasing all the chocolate I've eaten the past week...

Well, I'll keep believing it will, anyway!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I have had a cold the past couple days just been taking bites of things and drinking tons of water.
    This morning I had a tiny bowl of potatoes and kilebasa. Can't wait to go grocery shopping I have nothing favoring for girl in my house. lol.

Quick question is it ok to drink soda? If so what kind?
    Proud Mama to 3 and praying and hoping for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Anyone in the UK... at Morrisons there are some "Meerkat Jellies" that are vegetarian... and for 1/2 the pack, it's 139 calories, trace protein, 0.1g fat, and trace sodium! YEAH!

So, I'm back home from my shopping trip... super wiped out and tired, though. I ended up eating two ryvitas with dairylea and iceburg before I left (about 1.30pm) because I knew hauling my son in the carrier and then groceries might turn dangerous if I didn't put some calories in before going. Good thing I did! It was a slightly lighter lunch than normal, so with all that hauling of bags plus my son on my front, I've probably already burned my lunch off. :x

I picked up some weight watchers toffee cookies and those gummies for my 'snacks'. I've had 1/2 of the gummies since I got home as I was feeling a little shakey, I've got some Dr Pepper in the fridge (not diet, though) so I'll have one when it gets cold... then will probably have dinner in a couple hours or so and end the night with some cookies.

This is what my preplanned numbers look like:

Calories: 1,217
    Fat: 24
    Protein: 34
    Sodium: 477

I think that's quite possibly the best day I've had in this diet so far. I'm so excited for my faux macaroni and cheese dinner tonight (I'm going to cook down some dairylea cheese and hope it works out sort of like velveeta and only have 100g of pasta, and add mushrooms and cauliflower to it to beef it up)
    I'm sooo happy I found those gummies! The other one at Tesco had more some minimal fat/protein in them but this has like none at all!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcadaughter2012 View Post
    Quick question is it ok to drink soda? If so what kind?
    It is A-OK!...Either type of soda you chose is good for a sway (sugar or diet). If you have the cals to spare, sugar soda is great b/c it's empty cals and sugar makes your blood sugar plummit after a bit. If you want to save your cals, diet soda is great too b/c it usually has aspartame in it which is also great for a girl sway. Drinking something fizzy can also help stave off hunger so if it's a diet soda, you can have it between meals and feel somewhat satisfied w/o cals.. If you decide to drink sugar soda, try to have it w/a meal b/c you don't want to snack between meals on a girl sway. Hope this all makes sense.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm excited to finally be able to join in on the food thread -- I've been planning my sway for half-past forever and am now at the start of my six weeks! I started the diet on Dec. 30, so here are my past three days:

Dec. 30:
    Morning: caffeine-free Diet Coke, folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: Activia Fiber yogurt, string cheese, 1 slice Wonder bread (105 mg. sodium) with a Tbsp. of jelly, two servings of Trader Joe's unsalted tortilla chips with 2 Tbsp. of Paul Newman's salsa (65 mg. sodium), 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's strawberry syrup (empty calories -- woo hoo! ), peach applesauce, two chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies.

Mid-afternoon: CF Diet Coke

Dinner: three eggwhites cooked in 1 Tbsp. butter served with 1 Tbsp. mayo (65 mg. sodium) on 1 slice Wonder bread (this egg-on-bread combo is super yummy, savory and satisfying), 1 cup of rice milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 12 gummy worms.

Evening: peppermint tea (1 bag, 2 packets of Equal)

Dec. 30 totals:
    calories: 1615
    calories from fat: 455
    fat grams: 53
    sodium: 1020 mg.
    protein grams: 48
    calcium: 1380

So, a bit too much on the sodium and protein fronts -- I blame the string cheese. So it'll be a pretty rare thing for me to include again. I'll also reduce the egg whites to two instead of three.

Dec. 31:
    Morning: folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: 2 slices Wonder bread (105 mg. sodium each) with a Tbsp. of jelly and 1 Tbsp. of butter, slightly more than one servings of Trader Joe's unsalted tortilla chips with 2 Tbsp. of Paul Newman's salsa (65 mg. sodium), 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1/4 cup Skittles

Mid-afternoon: CF Diet Coke and double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal)

Dinner: cup of white mushrooms and one small/med. zucchini, stirfried in 1 Tbsp. butter with one cup of cooked white rice, 8 oz. skim milk with Hershey's strawberry syrup, Activia Fiber yogurt, 12 gummy worms.

Evening: CF Diet Coke with sugar-free Torani cherry syrup.

Dec. 31 totals:
    calories: 1575
    calories from fat: 305
    fat grams: 37.5
    sodium: 754 mg.
    protein grams: 31
    calcium: 1210

Quite a bit better on the values from the day before. Is it possible this diet is actually doable after all? Ignoring, of course, the fact that I wake up hungry, am hungry by mid-afternoon and am hungry by bedtime. Besides that.

Jan. 1
    Morning: double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal), folic acid, Trader Joe's Psyllium Husk (fiber) and Vitex.

Lunch: serving of the mushroom/zucchini/butter/rice serving identical to last night's dinner, 8 oz. skim milk with 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup with calcium, peach applesauce, 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1/8 cup Skittles.

Afternoon: double peppermint tea (2 bags, 2 packets of Equal)

Dinner: two eggwhites cooked in 1 Tbsp. butter served with 1 Tbsp. mayo (65 mg. sodium) on 1 slice Wonder bread, homemade strawberry smoothie (1 cup rice milk, 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup low-fat strawberry kefir, 2 Tbsp. Hershey's strawberry syrup), 1/2 cup no-salt-added green beans, 1 Rice Krispies treat*.

Evening: CF Diet Coke

Jan. 1 totals:
    calories: 1708
    calories from fat: 420
    fat grams: 47
    sodium: 726.5
    protein grams: 36.5
    calcium: 1130

Okay, here's a recipe for those struggling with getting enough calories (and also still have some wiggle room with your fat, protein and sodium): "Double-goo" Rice Krispies treats -- this gets you the extra "empties" from marshmallows and butter, without going excessive on the amount of cereal (which has some vitamins and nutrients).

6 Tablespoons butter
    80 large marshmallows
    6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows in pot over low heat. When completely melted, stir into Rice Krispies and spread in a greased 9x13 pan. When it's cooled enough to slice, I sliced it into eight equal portions. If my math is correct, this portion (1/8 of the pan) gives you 403 calories (75 of which are from fat) 8 grams fat, 151 mg. sodium and 4 g. protein. If you have the willpower to slice the whole pan into 16 pieces, then of course, all those values can be halved.

In the eight-per-pan portion size, this is definitely a once-in-awhile treat (as in, I'd better only make a pan once a month and hope that DH and DSs eat most of them! ) but it's a nice change-up from gummies and Skittles.

So far today (it's 1 p.m.), I've had a CF Diet Coke, a double peppermint tea and my pills (Vitex, folic acid, fiber), but nothing caloric to eat. Normally, I'm aiming to eat at noon (no earlier) and 6 p.m. (no earlier), but tonight I'm taking my kids over to my parents' house for a movie night and we'll probably be there from 5:30-7:30 or so. I don't want to eat before that because I'll be starving well before bedtime. So I'm planning on eating after the kids and I get home ... therefore, I'm trying to push myself on lunch as long as I can, so I'm not (yep, you guessed it) starving during the movie -- especially since I'm sure my dad will bring in popcorn, pop and Junior Mints.

Good luck, ladies!!!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast