Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too much Vit B6? and Cranberry Question...

Hi everyone!

I'm new hear and will be TTC next month. I already have 2 beautiful boys and woul love to try and sway pink!

I've started taking supplements. However, I looked on my magnesium supps and just realized that it also has 25mg of Vit B6. Is that too much? Would that sway blue and/or affect my cycle?

Also are you supposed to take cranberry well in advance with the other supplements or just 7 days before ovulation?

Thanks so much for your help!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think you are suppose to take it from af -O at least. i took 100mg of b6 to get my cycle back on track along with vitex when we swayed blue with dd number 2. i didn't know all the stuff i do now so we just did a simple timing sway. this last time i did a major boy sway and got twin girls. my advice is check your ph then check it again and again i never did. also dh was sneaking ice cream so he had alot of extra calcium. i never ate breakfast ( i didn't think skipping 1 meal was that big of a deal) and dh can't live without a hot shower in the evenings. we usually dtd afterwards. hope that helps some. i know how to make girls just don't ask me how to make a boy, still trying to figure that one out.
    x5
    x2 dd#6 lost an identical twin sister and dd 5 lived in my arms for 2 hours
    2012!! he's finally here!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Hello and welcome!
    I don't take magnesium so I'm not sure if it's better to take it without the b6 or not -I'm sure someone who does take it can chime in
    As for the B6 I take 20mg daily so I don't think 25mg is too much at all. It does mess with your cycle if you are normally regular, although i'm not sure how much 25mg would affect you. And it does sway pink
    I also don't take cranberry anymore, I just drink crystal light and take 1 baby aspirin daily to lower PH But when I did take it it was from the end of af to O i think.

ETA: meant to say I take 200mg of B6 not 20mg
    Last edited by purple sky; January 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
    18 15 11
    Wishing and praying for just one more baby FX for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your welcome and replies! They have been so helpful! I'm thinking of taking baby asprin instead of cranberry as well as I'm a bit worried about accidentally taking it past ovulation. But baby asprin is actually supposed to help with implantation. I remember taking too much of a combination of Vit B a few months back and my cycle went haywire! I had 2 cycles in a month, which has never happened before! Maybe my cycle was trying to correct itself? So I'm thinking I might try and find a magnesium supp that doesn't have added vit B in it.

Might try skipping breakfast too, or have a late one of yoghurt....

Thanks again for both of your replies!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally do not think the B6 is a good idea unless you are having a short LP. It may both affect your cycle negatively and also may sway blue. I conceived a baby boy taking 100 mg B6 and the best data we have indicates that nutrients tend to sway blue, not pink.

Cranberry info is found here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...echniques.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    I don't take magnesium so I'm not sure if it's better to take it without the b6 or not -I'm sure someone who does take it can chime in
    As for the B6 I take 20mg daily so I don't think 25mg is too much at all. It does mess with your cycle if you are normally regular, although i'm not sure how much 25mg would affect you. And it does sway pink
    I also don't take cranberry anymore, I just drink crystal light and take 1 baby aspirin daily to lower PH But when I did take it it was from the end of af to O i think.

ETA: meant to say I take 200mg of B6 not 20mg
    200 mg of B6 is WAY WAY WAY too much!!! You need to taper off that high a dosage (don't just stop it, gradually cut back.) No more than 100. you can easily OD on B6.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ