Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! New here--an introduction

Just wanted to say hi and that I am new here and I am excited to find these forums! As a little background, DH and I are TTC a little girl. We have three boys -- his son from a previous marriage who is 13, and our two little boys, who are 4 and 3. Boys, boys everywhere! He is 35 and I am 31, so we are thinking the older we get the better it will be for our girl prospects. Our two boys are also the product of a vasectomy reversal; he had a V after his first son and then when we got married had it reversed. Reading here and elsewhere, I thought that might have swayed pink but I guess not, LOL.

Anyway, I just got off birth control (was taking progestin-only pills for 2.5 years after my youngest's birth) in November, and we are eager to get PG. I did already have one full ovulatory cycle, and from my reading here and at in-gender, I was taking calcium and mag supplements, and tons of cranberry. I was not following the diet due to the holidays. I tried the "extreme gender swaying" I read about on in-gender and had DH give me a "sample" on the day I ovulated and the day after and mixed both with a few drops of lime to lower ph, then did the turkey baster method + diva cup. Did not get pregnant and AF arrived... now, I am gearing up to ovulate again. This cycle I have been taking vitex since AF started, two pills per day. I am also starting the diet seriously, trying to limit my cals to around 1200 per day (I am 5'3.5", 123 lbs). I figure I have about 15 lbs to play with, so I am trying that route. Yesterday was my first day on the diet and I had around 1200 cals -- microwave low fat popcorn (a bit of sodium but not a ton considering my day as a whole), raspberries, two Chobani Greek yogurts (strawberry and raspberry), a salt-free rice cake, some rye crispbreads, and some other crispbreads. It was a very bland day! I am also drinking Crystal Light like it's my job, and trying to have two cups of peppermint tea (at least) a day.

For the past two years I have been exercising every day, elliptical trainer, 45 minutes a day... but now I am backing off on that and just "walking" on the elliptical (or outside) for around 45 minutes a day at a much lower resistance.

Like I said, I am gearing up to O and was planning on doing the lime bit again....but from what I read here, you all are not as into that as they are on in-gender. Has anyone here successfully gotten pg with a girl with lime? I recently bought a microscope and have done some playing around with samples from DH and checking out the sperm... I took a very small amount of semen and adding a drop or two of lime (but it was the lime you buy in a bottle, not fresh lime, so I think there is a high likelihood it had anti-microbial/other preservatives in it, and it was also cold -- straight from the fridge) ... and it seemed to instantly "kill" the sperm so now I am worried about the lime idea. Not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and you all will see me around

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there and welcome. I am sure some of the swaying gals will chime in the with the lime answers but I just want to say that diet is critical..beyond the lime for sure. I don't really follow what anyone is actually doing with the microscopes either. There are some threads on that around here and you cannot see the difference between XY and XX sperm- if you could it would make IVF for GS really easy!

I would work on the diet though for sure and good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

1)All the things that sway do so only by a % or two or three. So yes, age, and previous V reversal might sway pink for you but it's nothing you can hang your hat on! (says the woman who conceived boys at 36 and 38!!)

2)We don't always do things in any way like the IG folks do so I do hope you have time to read some of my sway essays that you can find here: READ ME FIRST - Planning Your Pink Sway

3)Personally I would rather you bumped up to 1500 cals, you'll still lose plenty of weight and it will better preserve your ovulation. Bumping down too far makes you stop ovulating usually right at the critical moment when everything else is going just right!! :/

4)Moderate exercise sways blue, so I would rather see you either stop exercising entirely or bump your exercise up more. Read this for more infohttp://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

5)No, not a fan of lime here and you can read why in this thread (which also tells you how to use the lime.)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...r-swaying.html also some useful info for you in this thread on how to use lime http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-ttc-pink.html Cold lime DOES kill sperm.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say welcome and good luck!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!