Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So confused about how frequent we need to DTD for a girl.

So I’ve spent a long while on here today reading before I wrote this. I pretty sure I read that you should DTD every 4 days with 1 shot at positive OPK for a girl. But then I just read that frequent release every day is best for a girl.

Could someone give me the simple answer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rule of thumb for attempts ttc girl always starts at one attempt at pos opk for at least the first couple/few cycles. Have protected sex any time outside this, but once you get a pos opk dtd that night unprotected. If after 2-3 cycles or longer if you wish, you haven't got your bfp, move onto e4d (which can be either every 72 hours or 96 hours from af end throughout cycle - the former more conception friendly and slightly less pink friendly, the latter less conception friendly but more pink friendly) only if unsuccessful for a couple more cycles do you start e4d plus additional attempt at pos opk. Remember it takes healthy fertile couples up to 12 months to conceive so don't freak out of it doesn't happen straight away. The diet and exercise if your doing is more important than nimber of attempts though as time gets on so keep posting throughout your journey and ask atomics advice if things start getting too hard

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Mummatog liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The important thing is the one attempt. I like everyone to start off with one attempt and give that a couple months before going to BD every 4 days.

Then in addition to that, some people want to add in what is called "frequency patterns". That is NOT the number of attempts you are having but the pattern your husband ejaculates in to possibly help sway that way. (this method has not really worked but many people wish to try it at the start) So some people would have their husbands abstain fo 7-10 days (not for men over 35, though) before doing the one attempt, others have him release daily for 7-10 days. Others don't worry about that and either have him release every 2-4 days or "let him do what he does". But this is more of an "add on" to the number of attempts - optional and not necessary. The one attempt is the part that really works..
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When would this one attempt be?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

How soon after a opk+ should you bd. 12 hours or right away,? If it's next day is that boy territory but again timing doesn't matter right
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The important thing is the one attempt. I like everyone to start off with one attempt and give that a couple months before going to BD every 4 days.

Then in addition to that, some people want to add in what is called "frequency patterns". That is NOT the number of attempts you are having but the pattern your husband ejaculates in to possibly help sway that way. (this method has not really worked but many people wish to try it at the start) So some people would have their husbands abstain fo 7-10 days (not for men over 35, though) before doing the one attempt, others have him release daily for 7-10 days. Others don't worry about that and either have him release every 2-4 days or "let him do what he does". But this is more of an "add on" to the number of attempts - optional and not necessary. The one attempt is the part that really works..
    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc0404 View Post
    Hi Atomic

How soon after a opk+ should you bd. 12 hours or right away,? If it's next day is that boy territory but again timing doesn't matter right

Stepping in to answer this in case you need to know sooner than atomic can answer. Try to bd the same day as first pos opk. So whether you get a pos on a digi morning to night or a pos on a strip/dip test late morning to evening, have your attempt that day/night whenever possible, if not possible that day or night then asap the following day. Try to bd the same day when you can with the least stress Just to clarify also, it's the one attempt and not the timing that counts (no one knows exactly when they will ovulate anyway, could be anywhere from 12-72 hours realistically from first pos opk, but generally is within the 12-48 hour bracket, most commonly people will o day after first pos opk) plus its been scientifically proven that shettles theory that xy sperm swim faster than xx, or xx sperm live longer than xy in 1000% inaccurate!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kj86xx View Post
    When would this one attempt be?
    If you want timing, you'd do that at 2-3 days before you expect to O (or the second "high" reading on a fertility monitor)

If you don't care about timing then you'd have attempt at positive OPK or 1 day before you expect to O or first "peak" on fertiltiy monitor.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc0404 View Post
    Hi Atomic

There is no set time. Whenever it's convenient for all the reasons pbn mentioned.

There is no boy territory when it comes to timing. It's fine to avoid O day if you feel the need, but timing really truly doesn't sway https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a little confused about the one try. How does that sway? And does it mean DH ideally does not release at all before that one try in that cycle? My husband is 42. I saw your advice for an older husband might be different.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CLRWES View Post
    I'm a little confused about the one try. How does that sway? And does it mean DH ideally does not release at all before that one try in that cycle? My husband is 42. I saw your advice for an older husband might be different.
    We don't know how it sways. We observed in our results a very strong trend where one attempt was getting vastly superior results to 2 and 3 attempts and started emphasizing it, and then as soon as we did, our results went up and have stayed up ever since. I have reasons I think it sways, but the reasons aren't important, they're just me thinking about it and guessing. The real reason we do it is because it's worked for us.

In addition to one attempt there are things called frequency patterns. You can read about them here https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...pink-and-blue= and here https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...off-with-O-12= but to be honest none of them have worked, the important thing is that one attempt.

Yes, abstain is no good for men over 35, your husband could do frequent release daily 7-10 days in a row, or regular release every 2-4 days (while keeping the one attempt), or even just let him "do what he does". The biggie is the one attempt to start with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast