Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Other Social butterflies facing problems?

We socialize a lot with friends and of course with that comes food, beer and wine. I have no problem with passing it up personally, but it is becoming REALLY socially awkward to say the least.

I don't know how to hang out anymore and not eat what everyone else is eating/drinking and not have people wonder what the hell is going on anymore. We get together with the same group of friends at least 2x a week, sometimes more. What to do??
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is tough, isn't it? That is why I waited until after the holidays to start the diet. Too much good food and too many social opportunities for people to notice me not eating it! Could you try passing it off as some sort of a cleanse or New Year resolution, maybe? I know people who have done Atkins, the Paleolithic diet, etc. -- this is just so new they haven't heard of it yet! Call it the Sagebrush diet and say it is supposed to help reduce stress (after all, wouldn't you feel less stressed if you had a DD and you didn't need to sway anymore? )
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dramabird-that is a good thought! I just don't think it will fly with my close friends! They know how much I love to eat and drink! Also, I am a small person, not one that needs to diet, so it adds to the weirdness. I think they are starting to worry.
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    perhaps you could just say you're trying to eat/drink healthier in prep for TTC again? if they're that close friends you wouldn't mind telling them that?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I might have to do that. I just think the white pasta and iceburg lettuce is suspect. But this is probably my best option. thanks!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree about 'fessing up some....just offer that you are TTC in a few months, and want to eat really neutrally. I think a little bit of truth sometimes goes a long way to erase suspicions, and if they feel that the TTC news is "secret", it will make them feel more bonded to you, that you shared an intimate part of your life with them
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is all so true. A total social life killer...I have the excuse though that I have been sick and need to be eating very carefully!
    Amari~ I think you def can say that you are trying to be healthy- that has nothing to do with the weight you actually are. I have switched from the IG to LE diet because of the flexability. Its so much more reasonable. You can have a salad or small pasta dish. You can also order a vodka with cranberry- (I'm thinking I should before I'm preggo) wine has too many antioxidents I think!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, wine is actually ok (esp. white) because it really has very little in terms of nutrients but is a great source of potassium which you'll need to get from somewhere anyway!

I agree with H and D - on the LE Diet, you DO have some leeway...not tons, but you can def. have a salad without having to explain yourself.

The best (altho dishonest) method for explaining diet to friends and family is that you are doing a food allergy challenge diet and can only eat a certain number of foods. This is actually not far from the truth because when my son did the allergy challenge diet, it was pretty dang close to what LE diet is anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ