Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pregnant and scan dates

I'm 8 weeks pregnant after bd one at first positive opk on day 12 of a 28 day cycle.
    Had a scan today and I'm measuring ahead of a 28 day cycle and measuring right on for conception date of the day we bd.

Does that mean I can resign myself that this is a boy as baby was conceived on day we bd.
    As it was correct for my last son or is there even a chance of it been a girl.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations to you

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course there is a chance of it being a girl!!!

Congrats! Pink dust!

Mama to 6 Blessings. Praying to TTC in April/May 2020 for number 7...and hoping number 8 as well! God Bless!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!! timing doesnt sway but having only 1 bd attempt sways pink good luck!!
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing does not sway and you can read the full case against that here. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

Additionally, the measurements at this stage of gestation are all very imprecise. It can easily be off a day or two so I would not take that at all seriously. We're talking millimeters here and the techs are looking for ballpark figures and not exact.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all.
    Beginning to feel a bit stressed about it all.
    I done an opk in the morning and it was negative but i used first morning urine and I now believe that is wrong that I shouldn't of used first morning urine so maybe opk was positive in the morning too but when I did opk in the evening and it was positive I presumed that was the first positive opk so we bd then that evening but I know you say timing doesn't matter but I am scared is what I don't still totally boy territory.
    Also after bd I fell asleep and didn't wake for an hour and go to the toilet so didn't get a chance to jump and dump.
    Also my diet wasn't good that month so am thinking ive totally swayed towards boy again.
    We bd day 12 so I thought it would be early enough in my cycle just in case but now I'm thinking there no much hope in holding out or has lots of people conceived girls on ovulation day too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't tell on the basis of the measurements what day you ovulated. That is all just a rough estimate and does NOT tell you what day you ovulated. We are talking about a millimeter either way. Get out a ruler and look at how small a millimeter is, and you'll have the idea. They just want to know if your baby is developing normally so they do a measurement but it is not meant to pin down conception to the day and no tech really cares to even bother to get it that precise!!

Scientists using technology to pin down ovulation have proven that 50-50 boys and girls are conceived with intercourse every day of the fertile window (and also have debunked Shettles as much as it's possible for something to be debunked, using Dr. Shettles OWN data to debunk timing!)

I got my girl with Shettles boy timing after getting 3 boys with Shettles girl timing. I know it's hard to let it go but it just does NOT work. I have done this for 10 years now and seen thousands of timing opposites both here and on Ingender (not to mention in real life)

I got my girl with Shettles boy timing.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic for all the info. I'm just so stressed about it now that I am pregnant. This will definitely be our last baby. This is baby number 6 so I can't keep trying. It would be all my dreams come true if this is a girl. I will make sure and update when I know.

So did I do the right thing as one attempt at first positive opk to give myself the best chance.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You can't tell on the basis of the measurements what day you ovulated. That is all just a rough estimate and does NOT tell you what day you ovulated. We are talking about a millimeter either way. Get out a ruler and look at how small a millimeter is, and you'll have the idea. They just want to know if your baby is developing normally so they do a measurement but it is not meant to pin down conception to the day and no tech really cares to even bother to get it that precise!!

Scientists using technology to pin down ovulation have proven that 50-50 boys and girls are conceived with intercourse every day of the fertile window (and also have debunked Shettles as much as it's possible for something to be debunked, using Dr. Shettles OWN data to debunk timing!)

I got my girl with Shettles boy timing after getting 3 boys with Shettles girl timing. I know it's hard to let it go but it just does NOT work. I have done this for 10 years now and seen thousands of timing opposites both here and on Ingender (not to mention in real life)

I got my girl with Shettles boy timing.
    Hi Atomic..question about CB opks being used with fmu..is this what's recommended? Like previous poster I too used digital opk in the morning to only get a negative but then got a positive in the evening..is it possible that fmu would not pick up surge? I would have thought it would since it's less diluted

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcgirl39 View Post
    Thank you atomic for all the info. I'm just so stressed about it now that I am pregnant. This will definitely be our last baby. This is baby number 6 so I can't keep trying. It would be all my dreams come true if this is a girl. I will make sure and update when I know.

So did I do the right thing as one attempt at first positive opk to give myself the best chance.
    One attempt is best. Timing doesn't sway but positive OPK is a good time to conceive with one attempt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast