Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovidrel Injection

So I'm new to the fertility meds thing- If I get an Ovidrel shot do I still need to use OPK's? Wondering because I need to order more clearblue digitals. Will I still use these. The shot triggers Ovulation so will I be DTD that night I get the shot?
    How does this work with swaying?
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you don't need OPK if you're getting a trigger shot becausse you'll know exactly when you O.

Since you're going to be on Clomid, I would have you do more than one attempt to up your odds of conception, so if you're being monitored (which you will be) you can do an attempt the day before you're expected to trigger, than the day of the shot, then the next day. You could even add two more attempts if you wanted to, two days before trigger and then the day after (which will help you hit a second egg if you release one.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry I did not see this. Over in HT, we are very used to trigger shots! AS is correct in that you don't need to use OPK's because the trigger will make them light up. You can use one to make sure it took though- the trigger makes HPT's light up too so you will have to wait at least 10 days to have it be out of your system or you can falsely see a positive HPT. That happens sometimes on the HT board if someone POAS too soon. We trigger 24 hours before we have egg retrieval. You should O 24-36 hours after trigger but like AS says, to increase your TTC odds, I would DTD before you trigger or day of too so hopefully sperm will be waiting there when the egg is released!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS and nuthinbutpink~Thank you very much for the info.
    I know you want to get preggo quick with clomid and I want to catch a second egg if there is one- How much does the multiple attempts take away from the sway? I am going to do frequent- maybe what I can do is have Dh release in the am and dtd in the evening each time. (I basically was going to do that anyway).

Nutinbutpink~ You said I can do an OPK to see if it took- when? the day of the shot, day after?
    Last edited by HopeandDreamG; December 29th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're having DH release and then using second batch or even if he's been doing FR every day 7-10 days in a row without missing any, I do not believe that doing several attempts takes away from the sway at all. His numbers will be much lower to begin with so they just don't add up to much.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic- if I can manage to get off the steroids by Jan 17/18th and the injection is Jan 20th- is that cutting it too close. Asked the pharmacist- the steroid is out of your body in 96 hrs (4 days). I will just be making it with O taking place 24-36 hrs after the injection. Will this hurt my sway or maybe counterbalanced by this flare/ being sick?

This is all assuming I can get off the meds- it was the plan but I got worse after starting to get better. Hoping I don't have to wait to Feb and not even try in Jan.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    H and D, I really honestly cannot say. I wish I knew. Ideally, you would wait but since you've already taken the Clomid (right??) I don't want you to waste a month on Clomid because you prob. only have 3 months.

Hope you're on the mend soon hun.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't take clomid yet. AF is due like Jan 11th I was scheduled to take it for cycle coming up. I guess what u will do is see how I'm feeling before taking the clomid...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that makes a lot of sense. I hope you're 110% soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I decided to wait till February to make sure the steroids out of my system and that i'm totally better. Think it's much safer. Been doing diet hard core. I think I was fooling myself a little not tracking calories etc. Started using my fitness pal and I know for sure I'm doing the diet correctly!! You can really see the difference in calories when u weigh and measure. Portions are so small!!
    Last edited by HopeandDreamG; January 6th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast