Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First Attempt Timing/Frequency Question

Hey everyone!!

This is my first post on this wonderful site but I have been a lurker for a long time. While starting this journey most of my questions were found through Google and always landing on a GD forum. It seems like a lot of the ones I found and decided to go with are outdated now, which is totally my fault for not checking in on the up to date sway techniques.

My plan was to do frequent BD from end of AF through O, my husband is 35 (I’m 31) and so I thought that was better than abstaining. After finally looking at the updated information it looks like frequent BD, PH and abstaining aren’t really swaying much. So now I’m confused as to where I should begin. We BD’d on CD 8 & 9, yesterday is when I found my outdated info mistake, so I stopped what we were doing to figure this out. So now I’m on CD 11 with 32 day cycles, usually Oing around CD 18 (this is my first month using OPKs so that’s a GUESS) and I’m unsure where to go from here. Should we hold off BDing until we get a pos OPK and then BD once? Or should we BD another couple of times before we get to O so that he has a fresh supply?! I would love any help because I don’t want to mess this up on the first month. Thank you everyone!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUMP

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    According to my last AFs it looks like I’m about 5 days from O, obviously this is a guess. No pos OPK yet. Should I just wait to BD until we hit a pos opk and DTD one time that night? We have DTD for a couple days now. Should we BD one more time today and then hold off for a pos OPK?
    Happily Married DH- 35 Me- 31

TTC last baby hoping for

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I should also introduce myself!!!

I am 31 and my husband just turned 35. We have two kids together, our son who is 5 and our daughter who is 4 and I have one son from my previous marriage who is 10. We thought we were finished but both of us have come to the conclusion that we really want one last child. We love kids but after our first two finances were stretched and our home was packed full. We are in a much better place financially and just purchased another home that is more than big enough for one more addition. We are very excited but also nervous since it was been 4 years since we had our DD and we are now older. We would LOVE to give our daughter a sister. I always wanted one and she asks for one all the time. Obviously if we have another boy we will be overjoyed and so happy to have our family complete. I am new to all this since we just decided to have another one! I didn’t gender sway with any of my other pregnancies, though when I conceived my now 5 year old son we were using preseed so maybe that helped sway? I have already gone as vegetarian as I can with a little white meat here and there. I always skip breakfast and drink coffee instead. I drink the occasional wine and beer. Love cheese LOL. I think I might start working out but I need to make sure I can commit to it. It seems as though loosing weight helps. BMI is currently 20. Any advice would be great since I’m coming up on ovulation in a round 5 days!!! Thank you SO much!!
    Last edited by KPDreaming; March 7th, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Happily Married DH- 35 Me- 31

TTC last baby hoping for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome and good luck with your sway for a DD. I'm sure atomic will get back to you with some good advice, I'm not sure whether you should BD again today then hold off til positive OPK or just hold off til positive OPK now in case you happen to ovulate early. You know your cycle best. I think the key is one attempt in your fertile window so if you are 5 days away from ovulation then it probably wouldn't hurt to BD one more time then wait as an attempt 5 days before ovulation is unlikely to count as an attempt but it's up to you.
    The rest of your sway sounds good. If you add in exercise just make sure you don't drop too much more weight as your BMI is already on the low side and you might mess up/delay ovulation if your BMI gets too low. Good luck

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please give me 2-3 days before bumping - since I answer from oldest to newest when you bump too fast I don't have a chance to get to the post before it goes back to my new posts.

Please do not do frequent BD. I have a full explanation here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...nk-lately.html

I would let hubby release on his own or with you, with a condom daily from now till attempt (although really, neither daily release OR abstain has worked, and you can probably do either) and then one attempt at positive OPK (which will probably come CD 16 or 17 if you really O on CD 18)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KPDreaming View Post
    According to my last AFs it looks like I’m about 5 days from O, obviously this is a guess. No pos OPK yet. Should I just wait to BD until we hit a pos opk and DTD one time that night? We have DTD for a couple days now. Should we BD one more time today and then hold off for a pos OPK?
    The one thing we've found really seems to work is having one unprotected attempt in the fertile window of O-3 through O Day. So while you could do either having DH release every day between now and then, OR having him abstain between now and then, the main thing to aim as is having that one attempt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want you to lose any weight, just do diet and then try to hold steady where you're at. BMI 21 is my cutoff for weight loss

And thanks for your patience!