Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can being on the diet too long cause you to revert back?

We aren't going to start swaying til the fall but I am slowly making girl changes in my diet. but now I am thinking maybe if i start getting a girl friendly diet now it will not do anything once we are TTC. Any insight would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did read a study (can't remember which) that did suggest that sudden changes in condition were more likely to alter sex ratio and that if the condition was poor for a long time it gradually evened out again.. but that was just one study and in general if your body doesn't have enough nutrients that will still sway pink

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    I did read a study (can't remember which) that did suggest that sudden changes in condition were more likely to alter sex ratio and that if the condition was poor for a long time it gradually evened out again.. but that was just one study and in general if your body doesn't have enough nutrients that will still sway pink
    Thank you rainbow, that is what I was kind of thinking that I would need to shock my body when we start TCC. We eat totally different now than what we conceived my boys. (we ate out A LOT when we conceived them). I just need to get some pH stripes and see what my pH is before I start the diet 100%.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    We aren't going to start swaying til the fall but I am slowly making girl changes in my diet. but now I am thinking maybe if i start getting a girl friendly diet now it will not do anything once we are TTC. Any insight would be helpful.
    It is really hard to know what the right timing is. I do agree with Rainbow that in terms of condition overall, it may be best to peak right when you TTC but it's SO HARD to do that.

Testosterone and estrogen take time to decrease so I think you'd be smart to go vegetarian as soon as you can before a sway. For weight loss and really cutting back with protein and fat and stuff, it may be better to wait until you're closer to yoru attempt.

pH and blood sugar drop pretty quick so it's safer to leave that till closer to attempt too.

The risk in trying to time diet is that you may end up either not being on diet long enough to make a difference or else that you are trying to regain weight to lose and get pg right at the wrong time. This is what happened to me - I took a month to gain weight back trying to be actively losing when I got pg, but had an oops that month and hello DS 4!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does this apply to boy swayers as well? I have been doing the diet since August and have yet to get a BFP. I wonder if my body is "used to it" now and it won't make a difference?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Does this apply to boy swayers as well? I have been doing the diet since August and have yet to get a BFP. I wonder if my body is "used to it" now and it won't make a difference?
    no, only to pink swayers because they are trying to reduce their overall fertility and the body eventually gets used to the new food intake and restores fertility, and also because pink swayers may have personality factors that work to re-elevate their T levels after they drop. The only circumstance where a blue diet can backfire is where you gain SO MUCH weight that you in effect mess up your fertility, but it takes A LOT of weight gain for that to happen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ