Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Approaching first attempt nerves!

Hi, I've been a bit of a lurker on these forums for a while researching and managed to put together a sort of plan for le diet. My Husband and I both would absolutely love a girl, well, 2 really! This will be our first child and we're very excited to start ttc, if a bit nervous.
    I've been on the le diet now for around 16wks and doing exercise (cardio only i.e. quite intense zumba) for 1hr per day, 4-6 days a week and we're going to make our first attempt at ttc in a week's time (aiming for o-3 as I couldn't seem to let go of the timing side of things). In the last week I've found myself getting nervous and questioning everything I'm eating. I had read about sweets causing a temporary spike and then a drop in blood sugar so I had been having them every day after dinner but recently saw some posts talking about how x and y sperm soak up different amounts of glucose and that x sperm seem to prefer less glucose. So since then I panicked and have completely dropped sweets from my diet and have been struggling to get my levels of protein and calories up high enough. Am I understanding it right in thinking it's better for me to avoid the sweets so as to try to help the x sperm? I'm worried that there's not enough time for the sugars to leave my system. Is there anything I could do to help the levels decrease?
    P.s. I have been taking Agnus Castus (Vitex) and Saw Palmetto from AF-O for the last 2 cycles. I'm currently between AF and O and so I'm on Agnus Castus (Vitex) and Saw Palmetto until day before O with our attempt being O-3. Hope that's right.
    Thank you to anyone who offers any help or advice, much appreciated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I love it when people sway for their first!

The sweets are fine, that's not how blood glucose levels work. There is NO WAY to keep your blood sugar low constantly. It's not how the human body works. Your blood sugar goes up regardless of what you eat. So if you eat sweets (especially JUST sweets - not saying you should do that but particularly when you eat sugar alone) your blood sugar will spike but then your body releases insulin which lowers your blood sugar lower than it would have been to start with.

We're trying to just extend the amount of time our bodies have to burn off stores of fat to keep our BS levels in normal range. So by riding out the blood sugar crashes when we can, we force our bodies to burn off those stores to keep BS levels normal after dropping. This process sways hugely pink.

Blood sugar levels are immediate and short lasting anyway. So to answer your question (even though this is not necessary and in fact it's fine for you to have sweets!) sugar is already out of your system within hours anyway.

We've really given up the Vitex and SP because they haven't worked. But if you want to take them that's fine, I'd stop them the day of your attempt though as they can delay ovulation if you don't stop taking them (even if they haven't in the past)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes S & J liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, thank you so much for your speedy response! Apologies for my delayed one, been a bit busy with work etc.

You've really put my mind at ease about sugar levels, so I've added it back in to my diet albeit occasionally.

With the Vitex and SP, I'm already taking it for this cycle so am I right in thinking I can't really stop now until closer to ovulation or it might throw out my cycle a bit?

I was planning on taking them both until the day before ovulation but if we're going to do our attempt 3 days before ovulation I should be stopping the Vitex and SP on the day of our attempt instead?
    Just want to make sure I'm clear on it.

Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, you guys don't have to apologize for not getting back to me, it's my job to get back to you!

You can stop vitex and SP at any time. It's only when you KEEP taking them past when you're meant to have ovulated they cause trouble (because they can suppress ovulation).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks S & J thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic, I really appreciate your help and advice.

I think I'll stop the Vitex and Saw Palmetto now then (just due to take the last lot tonight). Bit nervous getting close to our first attempt now. Just trying to stay steady and (relatively) calm. Fingers crossed we'll be lucky and manage to get a girl!