Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I sway?

Hey all,

A little background -

Have 2 boys and and a 2nd trimester lose with a girl

Didn’t sway with any but looking back there were some differences

Both boys I was at my lowest weights and on or just come off a very low calorie diet.
    Conceived first late in my cycle
    2nd no idea it was 1 time around the middle of cycle

Girl was in summer had been on 3 holidays and gained weight and drinking wine
    Also drinking Diet Coke and I normally only drink water

With girl pregnancy I didn’t think I would get pregnant as it was too early in my cycle but it was a loose guess so can’t rely on timing of that one

Now I’m ready to have another baby and whilst a healthy baby is of course the most important to me I can’t help but want a chance to have a baby girl

I have been reading the site for some time now and considering swaying this time

I feel like my lifestyle was the opposite to what the outcome was - of maybe I’m missing something that did in fact sway?

Driving my self a bit crazy going between just going for it or sway and risk it taking a lot longer

If anyone has any insight that would be great

Guess I’m just getting of my chest really

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm so sorry to read of your loss.

Swaying is not 100% or anywhere close to it. Not only are there factors that are out of our control that may affect our sway (we don't all have the same chances going in, unfortunately) but there is also a huge luck factor. The best we seem able to get is about 70% success rate consistently, sometimes going as high as 75% and that's the best we seem able to do. It makes sense, of course, because if lifestyle/diet alone could be enough to make 100%, the entire human race would have died out a long time ago.

So when it comes to looking back at what you did, you can never tell if you swayed as much as it was possible to sway, and then just fell into that unlucky group of opposites, or if you had other things going on that we couldn't know about or change, or some combination of both. But I do find that the best results are in focusing on doing what works for most people, most of the time, even if you can say you'd done some of those things.

I do think that most people will have a better chance with swaying, but I don't fault anyone who decides to just try, either. We find that being super detail oriented and control freakish (as in, many of us when we try to sway) very likely sways blue, and so some people may even undermine their chances of success by getting really worked up about swaying and might have been better off just trying. WE honestly cannot know without having a crystal ball what the right thing to do is, but like I said I do think most people are better off swaying than without it.

For reasons we don't understand we see a LOT of girls conceived on holidays. It probably isn't a repeatable tactic but that's something that has seemed to be pink friendly.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; November 22nd, 2019 at 11:40 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes babysdreaming3 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the detailed response! I think in order to truly sway will take some time and planning and I guess having another baby is more of a priority to me right now and a hopefully healthy pregnancy as we still don’t and probably never will know what went wrong last time

I’m open to more kids in the future so I guess its best to leave it to chance this time

Il enjoy reading all the sways in the meantime

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think the holiday thing is because of plane flights and altitude changes etc?
    I know a lot of pilots and scuba divers who have girls!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babysdreaming3 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response! I think in order to truly sway will take some time and planning and I guess having another baby is more of a priority to me right now and a hopefully healthy pregnancy as we still don’t and probably never will know what went wrong last time

I’m open to more kids in the future so I guess its best to leave it to chance this time

Il enjoy reading all the sways in the meantime

Even if you could do just one attempt, it may really help. Diet, exercise, one attempt, Clomid or Femara if you can get them are the things that really work. And if you really don't want to do most of that, just do one attempt, it's easy to include and may make all the difference. Good luck and pink dust headed your way.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyaims View Post
    Do you think the holiday thing is because of plane flights and altitude changes etc?
    No, I don't. Pilots and scuba divers do have more girls according to studies but they are exposed to changes in altitude and pressure day in and out for years. The occasional airplane flight I do not believe to sway in any way.

Personally I think it is to do with a somewhat stressful, new situation coupled with being in a situation where you are away from all the stuff you normally have to manage and control. So you're both a bit stressed, but incapable of fully indulging the control freakish tendencies we boy moms tend to have, and that sways pink.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, yeah I think il defo add a few things in it can’t hurt and may make the difference

Yes and I can add the holidays were stressful mostly because I still need to work on holiday and working with just my laptop and poor WiFi is not easy

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Even if you could do just one attempt, it may really help. Diet, exercise, one attempt, Clomid or Femara if you can get them are the things that really work. And if you really don't want to do most of that, just do one attempt, it's easy to include and may make all the difference. Good luck and pink dust headed your way.
    Do you know If clomid and Femara prescription only x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyaims View Post
    This definitely didnt help me - conceived DS shortly after my honey moon (flew from australia to maldives, 12 days of 3-4 scuba dives a day, then flew back home). Conceived DS the cycle after getting home (dangerous to Scuba dive when pregnant)

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also conceived two boys in the weeks after coming back from holiday, with one attempt and at the lowest adult weight!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast