Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Age 40 with 4 boys and hoping for a girl - can I sway and am I mad???

Hi all,

I am new hear and wondered if swaying at my age 40 for a girl is possible?? I have had a miscarriage in the last year so recognise getting PG may not be easy but I would love a girl to add to our boy brood. What things could I do to still sway girl but stand a chance of conceiving in the first place??

Thanks for ANY advice whatsoever...

Tal x

2. Thanks Lilawt thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. You are not too old! Statistically, you are more likely to have a girl over 40 so you already have that on your side! Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Talia40 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my daughter at 41 after getting 4 boys over 21 years!!

I would have you do my atomic fertility diet here in this thread (5 from the top) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html Cardio exercise 60 min. 4-7 days per week, one attempt (to start out with) and Femara if you can get it.

All that other stuff you can read online - none of it works and all of it cuts odds of conception by a lot. So you need to let go of those things and focus on doing what really works so you can hopefully conceive quickly while doing the things that really do sway pink!

How old is your hubby? Is he willing to do anything to sway?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so so much Atomic, and apologies for delay but we’ve had a lot of illness in our house the last few weeks with boys off school 😳😳😳

I’m in UK so can’t get hold of Fermera. Can I just check re one attempt as I did that with boy number 3 (one attempt at positive opk) and didn’t work for me but should I still do it this time???

I’ve taking a few fertility boosting supps and vitamins and was going to use Acigel as after 4 boys I’m just obviously v boy friendly!!! Is there anything else I could do to make sure it’s all pink friendly?

I could certainly ask my husband to do a few things - what would you suggest?

Thank you so much!! I’m praying so hard I can get my girl- my boys are my life and I love them so much but I’d love a daughter and at 40 I know the opportunity is narrowing.

Thank you!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no worries, you guys never need to apologize for not getting back to me, it's my job to get back to you!

Yes, I still would start with one attempt at positive OPK. It did not sway blue for you. You got a boy despite one attempt, not because of it.

Please tell me the "fertility boosting" things you are taking as most of them are very blue friendly and others are actively harmful.

Acijel is at your discretion, but it did nothing in our results.

I would absoutely exercise if at all possible - it's our best non-diet tactic.

How old is your husband?

8. Thanks Tdeal324 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic!

My husband is 39 so a little younger than me. I am currently taking a co-enzyme supplement, then a N Acetylcysteine supplement and Myo-Inositol to help regulate my blood sugar as before that I was taking taking cinnamon but I read Myo-Inositol is better. I also take two fibre tablets a day and a daily vitamin. I have started all this since my miscarriage last year as the Dr thinks it was due to chromosomal issues because of my age.

I seem to be able o get pregnant quickly as each time its taken 1-4 months and last one was longest at 5 months but sadly I then had a miscarriage at 9 weeks.

I also drink spearmint tea as I heard that was good to balance hormones.

I will stay doing one attempt as well - do I add anything to lower PH or just leave it?

And on exercise I am so bad at that but my husband just brought a stationary bike and I think I could do 20-30mins a day when kids are in bed. Would that be ok??

I am so keen to try and make this sway work so happy to try anything. I am also trying to lose weight and at the moment its going slow but about 3 lbs a month,

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so I'd add soymilk for your husband 12-24 oz. daily, and olive leaf extract 500-1000 mg.

coq10 I have used that for lots of pink swayers.

I'd wean off the n-acetylcysteine as we don't know how it sways.

Drop spearmint tea IMMEDIATELY. We had terrible results with that for women over 35, with people going on years not conceivng till I had them drop it.

Re cinnamon and myo, what is your BMI?? Do you have PCOS? We are actually finding these two supplements cause a good deal of trouble for people who don't need them and I have a full explanation of that (plus some dosing guidelines) here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...oinositol.html

I would have you wean off the multivitamins.

These pills don't prevent chromosomal abnormalities. REgardless of what the doctor says, taking vitamins cannot undo the damage of age to the eggs. This doesn't mean you can't get successfully pregnant! As we age, we do have a higher % of more bad eggs but that doesn't mean we can't still get pregnant. I had 2 miscarriages between my 3rd and 5th babies but still had 2 healthy pregnancies out of that.

Doctors tell you to take these pills but they are mainly to feel like we are in control of an uncontrollable situation. My concern is more that people take things that actually may make them far less likely to conceive (like the spearmint tea, and the cinnamon and myo if you don't actually need them) out of fear of miscarriage (which can't be prevented anyway). So you end up in a situation where youre actually LESS likely to conceive out of a desire to do something to prevent losses that can't truly be prevented anyway, if that makes sense.

It sounds like you have some weight to spare, and in that case I'd absolutey have you do exercise even if you can't get up to the full 60 6-7 recommendation. But if you fill in for me about what your BMI is I can give you better advice on that.

pH has not worked for us at all and I would have anyone 40+ skip jellies becasue they do nothing and cut odds of conception dramatically.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That all makes sense. I am overweight and need to lose around 3 stone, my BMI is 30.9! Should I keep taking the Myo?

My husband has also just been diagnosed Finasteride for hair loss and I wondered if I should delay him taking that?

The only other question was what herbal or other hot drinks should I drink? I have a milky skinny latte a day then normally spearmint or coffee but if I am dropping the spearmint could I have green tea or chamomile?? I like a hot drink...??

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes in that case you are good to continue with myo and cinnamon too if you'd like (please follow the doses in that link above, it can be bad to take too much cinnamon in particular

Finasteride may sway pink! In that case do not give him the soy though.

NO SKIM MILK. The skinny latte needs to go in favor of full fat dairy. I know it's counterintuitive but skim dairy is terrible for blood sugar and fertility (please check out that link I posted above with the alternate diet in it, in my first reply. No skim dairy on the alt diet.)

You can have any kind of herbal tea (including spearmint) 3x a week. So mix and match any kinds you like trying not to double up if they appear in blends. Dietary amounts can't have medicinal effects. Even green tea (which is said to sway blue) is ok 3x a week. So get several different kinds and have no more than 3 of any one kind per week.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you v much! Do you think it’s better for my husband to take the Finasterude plus olive leaf or the soy and olive leaf as I’d rather do the one with the most pink chances!

I’ll stick to all the recommended amounts on the myo and cinnamon as well.

As time isn’t on my side if I start the diet/exercise now and husband starts the supplements could we start TTCing in next month?

Thanks so so much Atomic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast