Thread: Need Opinions

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need Opinions

I was thinking about finishing up my last pack off pills and get off the pill. In the past with my boys my cycles were irregular there were about 30 to 34 days long. This time around I want to temp. and use opks to figure out when exactly I ovulate. we my first son it took my 3 months to conceive him after I got off the pill and it was about 2 months with my second. My plan from the start was to get off the pill in june, track my cycles, start the diet/supps, and officially start too TTC September. Now I am worried that maybe my cycles won't be regular from the pill and I might not have enough time to chart/temp to figure out ovulation. So do you guys thing if I get off the pill in june I will have enough time to temp/track my cycles before we start to TTC in September?
    Last edited by Navywife620; January 29th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not stress about it. Timing does not matter anyway. Not sure what your attempt plan is like, but you can just start ttc whenever you are ready with the diet and use opk's to track o. Dtd when you get a +opk and the 2 days after. I am not trying to say don't temp if it makes you feel comfortable (I do), but I would not hold off ttc just to have 3 months of temp charts under your belt.
    Also, you might not have irregular cycles when u get off the pill...I didn't.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for responding!!! You brought some new insight to me. I had it set in my head that had to chart, than I had to find out exactly when I ovulated. I think now I am just going to do what you suggested. Used OPKs and whenever I got a positive one that will be when we attempt. Right now I am in no hurry to get pregnant, but that could change when I start the diet and supps.
    But here is my plan: I plan on doing the LE diet hardcore with lots of diet coke!, taking mag, calcium, and possibly cranberry depending my on pH with the diet, tracking my pH, carido 6 days a week, DH is going to abstain from AF til I get my first positive OPK, and using rephresh.

My question is which is better, SP or Vitex? I can't remember which one is supposed to regulate cycles. I thought maybe adding that since my cycles were always wacky. and any other recommendations would be so helpful! thank you!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take saw palmetto - it is supposed to help lower your hormone level which is proven to sway girl. You can take vitex to regulate your cycles but some women have to opposite effect and it does not regulate them, it only messes them up more. If you are using opk's then no matter when you o you will catch it and dtd at that time.
    Great plan. Stay on the diet strict, that is most important. No need to stress about ph, rephresh will do its job and you don't have to think about it. Try a application the month before your attempt and test yourself so you can feel better and know its working. I might skip the calcium and mag. The LE diet is low everything and that means nutrients. Taking those supplements you are adding nutrients and there is no real proof that calcium sways girls. Read AS's essays on calcium. Careful with cranberry and vitamin c. Remember when it comes to diet and supp's less is more when swaying girl.

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the tips prayforprincess!!! So would you recommend baby aspirin over cranberry?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS would definitely say aspirin over cranberry.
    My ph is so low from the diet that I have been taking neither for over a month now. I only take folic acid and saw palmetto. I think when I get my af this weekend I might add back and start taking 6,000mg cranberry 1xdaily from af-o. I had been taking it months back and I did not see a difference in my ph between taking cranberry and not, so -- not sure how much it really helps me.
    Everyone is different though.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting off the pill will sway pink for you so JMO but it is a bit counterproductive to get off the Pill only so you can chart your cycles and do...timing??? That's trading something that really sways for something that doesn't. OPK is MUCH better and less stressful than tracking cycles anyway. Temping and tracking are fine for people who do it anyway and are used to it, but for people who don't, starting up a big complex project right before your sway is going to risk raising yoru testosterone.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SP and vitex both sway and seem to work well taken together. If you do decide to take SP, it can cause the Pill to be less effective so be sure to use backup birth control.

I like baby aspirin better than cranberry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ