Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Irrational anxiety over panorama results

Hi! I found out a few weeks ago that we are having a healthy baby girl based on the panorama blood test results, taken at 11 weeks. We are super excited and have announced that a little sister is on the way for my two boys to most close friends and family. Then I started to get paranoid that I’m speaking too soon and I should have waited for the anatomy scan before announcing. I know the blood results are super accurate and that I am being completely irrational here. Anyone else have the same anxieties? I have of course googled the accuracy and have found people that said they got wrong results or may have gotten wrong results. A girl on my birth board just found out she’s having a boy after blood results of a girl from a different NIPT test. Just trying to stop being crazy and put my own mind at ease! Any words of wisdom appreciated. And I’m so thankful to this board for my successful sway!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!!

Lots of people have these anxieties. It's very normal because we don't have any hard "evidence" we can see with our own eyes. But the blood tests are by far more accurate than ultrasounds and I think you can safely announce based on the results.

RE the girl on your board, how did she find out?? Via ultrasound? I have seen many, many people posting that their blood test was wrong based on ultrasounds only to find out that the blood test was right when the baby arrived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! That helps. I think that is what is bugging me-with my two boys it was super clear on the ultrasound that they were boys and now I have no visible proof. But I know the blood test is more accurate than an ultrasound so I should just relax. Yes, the girl on my birth board had an ultrasound that was deemed to be a boy, which contradicted her blood test results. She was only 16 weeks with the ultrasound and she seems to think it was pretty clear, but itÂ’s super early so I bet it could easily end up being wrong. Thanks again for responding.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The ultrasound is probably wrong, although there's also a different test called a "sneak peek" which people mistake for a NIPT test. It isn't a NIPT test and is wrong quite frequently. The odds are all but 100% you are having a girl since you had an accurate NIPT test.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 15th, 2020 at 05:43 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ