Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate Have 2 Princes, Now Seeking ONE ~*Princess*~Needing Immediate Advice On Cal, Mag, Cranberry Supps et

Hello all,
    My name is Butterfly. No not really, but that's what you can call me!
    I am 30 years old.
    I currently have two little princes that were conceived with the cold hard Shettles Method.
    So I do believe it works. I just want a little girl to complete our family. My husband and I have been married for 4 yrs this V-day.
    I really was excited to find this forum early this morning!!!! I had no idea there was anything like it on the web. I totally believe in gender selection, and I want it to happen!
    I know I need to use a sway method because I believe my hubby has a VERY high testosterone level. He lost all his hair at an early age.
    I am SO excited to learn about Sylk, and the many supplements such as calcium, magnesium, cranberry, and any others you all recommend. I don't know if I'm strong enough for the full blown diet since I LOVE COKE, chocolate, fruits, cottage cheese, applesauce, sweet peas, cheeses, veggies, milk, sweet yogurts, sour cream, thousand island dressing, frysauce, ketchup, and well SALT!
    Am I in trouble yet? LOL
    Anyways, I'd love to learn anyway. I'm currently still breastfeeding my youngest who is going to be two in a matter of a few days. I'm trying to wean him, because that makes getting pregnant a battle in itself. I'm pretty nervous to actively conceive now though because Shettles says most boys are conceived in Winter months..but does that make any sense when you have the heater going in Winter and the AC blaring in the Summer?
    I also read a bit on the O+12 method. I'm not sure that's for me either because I have O pain for a couple days before I ovulate and I'm afraid I would miss that window of opportunity.

I'm going to stop my rambling right now and get RIGHT TO IT! Ladies, I'm excited to be here, what do I need to buy right away? I'm going to get Sylk..
    Now teach me, tell me anything right now I am an eager student!
    Supplements and Soy Isoflavones, Diet, Douches, etc.. Give it to me!

PS I have hypothyroidism, maybe that would make it harder to sway? I'm not sure.

***Much PINK Baby Dust****

~Butterfly~
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; January 29th, 2012 at 02:44 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I would join up with a TTC group in the girl forums and introduce yourself there. We have a great bunch that I am sure will be very helpful and welcoming!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, Butterfly!

this is a good place to start: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/thread1585.html for designing your sway. There is no "ideal" sway as it does vary so much on the couple and you have to go for what you'll find easiest/less stressful

regarding timing, DTD at OV time probably doesn't sway pink or blue, it seems more likely that due to diet and perhaps your DH's high testosterone levels you conceived your boys as those things are proven to sway and timing isn't... here's an interesting topic: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/thread7691.html
    I always say that there's no harm in trying the timing when swaying blue (DTD at OV), but when swaying pink it could drastically reduce your chances of getting pregnant at all if you do a cut off and studies don't point to any evidence that it sways pink at all.

diet, then low sperm count, seem to be the strongest swaying factors

good luck with planning your sway, feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the welcome ladies and Rainbowflower for the advice!
    I agree with the timing. I'm learning a ton right now and it seems like timing does make it VERY hard to conceive a girl esp when Shettles says that sperm rarely live longer than 3 days! What a gamble.
    My first son was conceived in a freezing cold basement, in the Winter, with many BD and deep BD positions and many orgasms. With my regular not healthy diet! I actually don't even know when I Oed back then.
    My second little man was conceived with the trying for a girl method and BD like 3 days before O, but we miscalculated ovulation and thought we were in the clear and accidentally BDed either the day of O or right after O. DH also gave the sperm a jolt by drinking Coke. (If you ladies didn't know that part, it's true! LOL) I jumped and dumped and rinsed off even soaped up but it was no use lol he apparently masturbated earlier that day too, so it was probably mostly Y sperm!
    So many things besides timing can play a role so I totally believe you!
    I am so very thankful to have found you all, and It is my hope that we ALL see PINK this year of 2012!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; January 29th, 2012 at 02:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for sharing your experiences! my DS was conceived in a similar way to your DS1 - had no idea about swaying back then just wanted to get pregnant FAST! lol

if your DH had already released that day, that would actually have lowered his sperm count quite a bit (potentially by around 50%, if you DTD within 8hrs)... he might need to release and discard twice a day before each attempt if his T levels are that high! Zanacal had a similar experience with her DH

are you TTC already? when do you plan to start if not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that is so funny! Those male spermies LOVE the cold!
    I think that we were in that 8 hr window you are talking about.

I found a REALLY good sway plan that was successful
    Her plan included abstinence so I'm not sure if it would work for us or not. It's sounds like it might?
    You can find her here, I hope I don't offend anyone by posting a link. I just figure the more help we can get the better, no matter where it comes from.
    http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t...px?PageIndex=1
    Well, I've been TTC since last June when my first post partum period returned from DS #2
    So no birth control, but DS #2 is still very attached to "the boobie". I was just trying to let go and let God take over but trying to use OPKS for the timing thing.
    My second DS was conceived breastfeeding BUT DS #1 was only breastfeeding like once a day. So when ovulation came DS #1 even breastfed 4 hrs before O.
    DS #2 hardly had any formula, it's been mostly breastmilk. I feel my O pain and I swear I ovulate almost every month but..
    This seems to have stopped me from conceiving period. Although depressing, I feel it's for a reason. My DH has said.. 3 if we can have 3 and I'm done. So I REALLY need this sway to work! I didn't really have a sway plan in place at all though. Just timing and nothing else. So I know and feel that I need to do things to be able to see PINK in this house.
    I just need some cooperation from DH to conceive by warming up his buddies before we BD.
    I hope all of that makes sense.
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; January 29th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think abstaining would definitely be a good option for you, probably with one attempt at pos OPK (is that what you were thinking of?)

I'm still BF too (although only twice a day now) so feel your pain on the fertility front there! it's really messed with my cycles although does seem better now I've stopped the night feeds and taking vitex+vitB6. Are your cycles regular/is your luteal phase long enough?

buy your DH some nice tightie underwear as a special gift... to wear during the week before OV if nothing else! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMAO I almost fell off my chair about that tighty whitey suggestion.
    BHAHAHAHA I think we will abstain.
    What I am thinking is when it looks like it's getting "pretty dark" but not quite there we would BD. But after Jan's cycle.. I had a + on a Sat and Sun and then by Monday night it was - .. I think I Oed after all of Friday's spermies were perished. lol So I really need to decide when to BD. I'd still like to shoot for 2 days prior to O. I trust that more than 3 days.
    However I read something and now I'm confused. Two ladies on that site used abstinence and one said that she put her hubby's "sample" under the microscope and she said that when he abstained it was mostly X sperm, but when he went off often it was mostly Y sperm. Then I read on this site somewhere that someone posted that there is no outward difference in X and Y sperm which rocks the Shettles method to the core.
    LOL man, I guess I just need to trust abstaining since we haven't tried that yet!

Are you currently TTC even while Bfing? It's nice to have that in common with someone here so I don't feel alone.
    My periods are weird too. Two months in a row they will fall on the same day then the third month they will move a few days forward or back but are the same for 2 months in a row. It's crazy! I started Oing around cd 16 but in Jan it seems I oed on cd 20 or 21. I've never ovulated so late!
    Do you use regular OPKS or do you use a monitor like Ovacue?
    Which would you recommend the most?
    I have never tried to temp either but I think I need to start doing that too..
    So many things to do. So little time! LOL I'm CD 5 right now. I probably shouldn't attempt to conceive yet until I have my sway plan in place!
    My chinese fertility calendar says to avoid Feb and March because I'll end up with boys. LOL
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; January 29th, 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol well, how could he refuse the romantic underwear? lol (TBH, my DH did refuse!)

unfortunately what those ladies were seeing wouldn't have been X and Y sperm, NBP asked some fertility experts on here about it and got this reply:
    Hi there nuthinbutpink,

Hope you are well too. No, there is absolutely no truth to that idea. If XX sperm all swam in circles, we'd have no girls on the planet! , since sperm must be able to swim straight to get to the egg- that "straight swimming" is what we call progressive motility. Too bad we don't have a nice visual check for gender - we'd all save a fortune in time and money on PGS!

Best wishes,
    Carole
    which makes sense, really! Atomic created this post too: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/thread1562.html

yes, I'm TTC while BF.. I don't plan to stop BF until he self-weans, and he seems to be very keen on continuing so far! (I nearly get pounced on at bedtime lol)
    I use both a CBFM and OPKs... I wanted to time my BDing to 3 attempts within 24hrs starting at a pos OPK so needed to be certain about when it was. In the past I've had up to 4-5 days of pos OPKs in a row - I think BF hormones are to blame for that!

was the Chinese calendar right for your other boys?

have you started a diet already?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast