Thread: Suspect PCOS?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suspect PCOS?

I've been reading a lot of post on ttc girl regarding pcos. I've suspected I've had pcos since my early 20's (I'm 32 now). I have unwanted hair (happy trail on my tummy and chest and some nipple hair). I'm not sure if it's my age and having two toddlers 17 months a part but I'm also finding it harder to lose weight. I'm 5'3 and 176lbs and I never lost the baby weight from ds#2 (who is 18 months) and even gained 15lbs over the last 12 months.

However, I've lost 8.5 lbs doing keto and IF over the last month and really enjoy eating like that and if I eat unrefined carbs, despite exercise, my weight loss is a lot slower. I started on the LE diet a couple days ago and eating bread, pasta etc and my weight isn't dropping despite exercise and tracking my food.

What should I do diet wise? I desperately want to lose 25-40lbs before ttc. I'm hesitant about eating keto for a girl sway.

Should i incorporate cinnamon into my diet? I do enjoy it sprinkled into my coffee? I read that you advise that for ladies suffering from PCOS and have a lot of weight to lose. How does it help ladies with a lot of weight to lose?
    Mama to two gorgeous boys Teddy 2017 and Jack 2019

Praying for a baby girl to bless our family in 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely want you on the PCOS-type alternate diet. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html (scroll down a few posts to the diet)

I want you on small amounts of cinnamon (ceylon only) 1/4 teaspoon from AF-O and 1/8 teaspoon (this is really barely more than a pinch) from O-AF. Then I also think you could benefit from Myoinositol, is that something you'd be willing to try?? It may also help your sway as well!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would it be okay if I just do low carb? I have the most success losing weight doing this. Today I had a big romaine salad with 2.5oz chicken, 1oz cheese, croutons and ceasar dressing. My only hesitation if the romaine was too nutrient dense for a girl sway?
    The last 3 days I ate a lot of refined carbs and despite being in a good deficit and incorporating 90 minutes of cardio I'm up 2.5lbs from my lowest weight last week when I was doing keto.

Myo-insositol I'm taking bc I heard it's good for girl sway. How does it help with pcos?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The romaine is fine, I just have concerns that you may end up with too much protein and fat for your sway.

It helps with improving blood sugar and may make you lose weight faster and also improve any insulin resistance.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I feel confident about my sway but after seeing that I'm not losing weight eating refined carbs it makes me nervous to be eating salad (romaine lettuce only, no spinach/kale) bc I'm thinking it's "too healthy". But I guess if I stay within the limits of LE I should be fine, correct?

I was browsing through the "How we conceived our girls" thread and a majority of them aren't eating salads but refined carbs/empty calories.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I read on a few posts not to eat protein and carbs together? Can you elaborate on that? Would eating cheese and crackers be a no-no then?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not listen to the "how we got girls" thread because they are all basing that on what the EXPECTATION of what they should eat is (which originally started off with more refined carbs till we realized that was not effective for everyone). Listen to ME, what I am telling you now based on 12+ years of research and observation - romaine lettuce is FINE. not only is it fine, it is free and unlimited, you can have as much as you want, and do not even need to count it. Eating romaine lettuce will be 1 zillion times better for your sway than eating carbs. Given your history what you're telling me is that if you were to eat that type of carby diet you would likely have another boy. Please eat the lettuce. Do not eat the carbs. Now I DO want you to not then eat 120 g protein and fat a day on a keto diet either, but please don't avoid lettuce based on things people said and did before we even knew as much as we know now!!!

You wuld have to eat an impossible amount of romaine lettuce before you got the amount of cals, protein, and fat in a burger, fries, and a shake. You would ahve to eat an impossible amount of romaine before you could get the nutrients in a prenatal vitamin or bowl of cereal even.

Our good results are IN people eating unlimited amounts of low carb veg. Starting at the time we made that switch, we have had nothing but good result and the people on the alternate diet who eat the most veg have the best results.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jax006 View Post
    Also, I read on a few posts not to eat protein and carbs together? Can you elaborate on that? Would eating cheese and crackers be a no-no then?
    I would need to see the posts to speak specifically to the individual cases (if in fact it was even me who was saying that, which it likely wasn't) but that is not actually true. I occasionally have had some people who needed to eat breakfast for work or health, eat either just protein or just carbs. This was never because I felt that necessary but more because people were getting so upset about having to eat breakfast so I came up with that little trick that might help a little. And I have all blue swayers ALWAYS eat protein and carbs at every meal and snack (but they are eating entirely different diets).

It is fine, and indeed necessary, for pink swayers to eat protein and carbs at their meals. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get enough nutrients in a day without eating those things together. It would make sticking to a sway diet incredibly difficult. And it would be another "control freaky" thing to have to juggle, another way to have to keep swaying in the forefront of your mind all the time - and the control freakishness sways a lot more than people care to believe. Do not worry about small and unimportant details like this.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for explaining that.

I don't want to make a new thread so I'll ask here...

Is there a magic number in regards to weight loss that you see a lot of successful girl swayers have in common? If I lose say 20-30 lbs when I conceive but it still won't put me at my lowest conception weight is that still girl friendly?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No magic number at all and in fact it is fine if you only lose a few lbs. no magic amount of weight loss and no magic BMI. my recommendations are based only on what has caused people to lose ovulation. I don't see a trend with successful sways as they are all over the map.

don't worry about your lowest adult/conception weight. I had to make a goal for people to strive for, and when I didn't I had people just keep losing weight even when I told them not to, while others lost a pound or two without even dieting really, and then got mad their sway failed. I was just trying to prevent people from a)losing too much weight and b) doing nothing but dropping a couple pounds and relying on that.