Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blood sugar rise on Sweetners

Hello all. Just experienced such a confusing thing. I doubted my insuline response and used a blood sugar measurer to see what food does to my blood sugar. The strange thing I noticed, is that my blood sugar also rises after sugar free drinks like diet Pepsi or black coffee with Sweetner. I feel a bit sad and confused, because I always thought that one of the important things for a girl is a low blood sugar. And I have been keeping it high with al these Sweetners! Was my effort for nothing? I also read everywhere that Sweetners should not cause blood sugar rise. Am I a execption? Or?
    Last edited by Slingers; September 4th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do not test your blood sugar. I do not want you guys testing blood sugar unless you have a medical reason to test it.

That is actually normal. Sometimes your body anticipates some sugar coming in and then releases insulin, and then your blood sugar rises in response to the insulin because your body doesn't want to have too LOW blood sugar. It's not unusual to see a little blood sugar rise after having artificial sweetener. It's not the sweetener itself, it is your body burning off stores of fat to counteract a little boost of insulin.

This is all ok and would not harm your sway. It is TOTALLY NORMAL for your blood sugar to rise sometimes. When we say "keep bloodsugar low" we do not mean every second because that would be totally impossible.

DO NOT continue testing your blood sugar.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for your reply Atomic. That is a clear explanation. I thought I was broken ;-). Because I also read that eating and drinking a lot of Sweetners can kill the good gut bacteria and mess up your system. And I live and lived off diet sodas.

Again, thank you very much!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A LOT of us have enjoyed diet drinks over the years, myself included! It doesn't break us! Sometimes people overthink stuff like that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, hope you are ok with the fire and all. I am still doubting my response to carbs, insulin resistence. Because the days my meals consist of mostly carbs I tend to not loose but gain weight. I also feel really bloated, and am constipated. I did loose weight in the first weeks, but now I am gaining slowly. How do I know if i am insulin resistence?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this via PM but I'll copy and paste my message below for anyone else who is interested. it is easiest for me if you guys post swaying questions in the forums and not via PM because it's easier for me to go back and read all the information.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please tell me what you're eating in terms of calories, protein, fat, and what your BMI is.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. Thank you for your reply. My BMI is 21. I have gained some pounds during the holidays, but lost them in first weeks when I started the diet and excercise. I don't know how much proteïne, fat or calories I eat. I eat a big bowl (like a share size) of salade with a couple of light feta blocks, 3-4 rice cakes, and sometimes a cappuccino at 12 am. And another big salade at 7 pm. Sometimes with a white wrap with some cheese, but most evenings with 2-3 rice cakes (I enjoy them, the caramel and chocolate are great and only have like one gram of fat per serving). And I will finish it of with a handfull of gummies, and/or some cookies. The most nights I am full. I have been on the treadmill for one hour every day. My weight has been steady for the last 2 weeks. But when I eat on the upper side of what I described I tend to gain weight. I don't find it very encouriaging.
    Last edited by Slingers; September 15th, 2020 at 02:38 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It may be that your body is just "happy'" at that BMI. If you were heavier and not losing weight I would have more concern, but you are already in the zone where I don't WANT you to lose any more weight! You don't need to lose any more weight. Just stay where you are at.

I think you need to track protein and fat. It looks to me like you're not eating enough.

Nothing about this indicates you have problems with insulin resistance. I want you to figure out how much protein and fat you're eating though.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for your answer. I had to smile when I read the part of my body beeing happy at this particular weight. It is funny because I have weight this weight almost 15 years. So it could feel familair

I will find out about my proteïne and fat intake and maybe add some.
    Last edited by Slingers; September 16th, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post