Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on lubes and PH testing

My April/May sway attempt is coming so close now, I'm very excited!!

I was doing some more reading last night, regarding Lubes, and I have a question as I'm slightly confused which avenue I should take. I have read through AS's awesome information, but I cant seem to find what I THINK I found several months ago upon purchasing my jellies!?

I purchased Aci-Jel, Rephresh & Sylk.

What my initial plan was, (will change upon more research & advice) was to use full applicator Rephresh every 3 days. Use Aci-Jel finger at V entry before DTD, Sylk with DTD and then Rephresh again the next day (doing FR with 2-3 day cut off). I will test all these together prior to my attempt to make sure they dont counteract each other!!

Upon reading last night, it seems that it may be unnecessary to use all 3, and rather just use one? Would I use Rephresh only, and forget the others?

(I know doing this with cut off is prob lowering my chances off getting pregnant but I feel ATM that this is what I need to do & DH and I just need to walk past each other to become PG, so Ill try this way first. If the months go by and there is no BFP, I will start reducing interference or get closer to O day).

Also, with testing PH (Which I have not done as yet), how can I test PH to see if using different jellies together affect the levels? So, if I use Sylk to DTD, do I test PH just before DH and I DTD or afterward?? TMI - But Im assuming that his swimmers/action can/will affect my PH?!

Thanks for reading. Would love some informative opinions.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fine to use Rephresh, Aci-jel and Sylk together but it may be too much to overcome to get pregnant. I actually planned to use all 3 but when it came down to it I didn't bother with the Sylk. You could do as you suggest and try this the first month but drop either the Aci-jel or Sylk if you don't get pregnant. I don't know about testing pH as I didn't do loads of it and I always felt I was just testing the pH of the gel anyway!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) I think that it's ok to use all three just so you know going in that your odds of pg are not going to be super high.
    2)We've already tested them and they are safe to use together.
    3)I would go with the 2 day cutoff - 3 is too long.
    4)If you do want to use just one, RepHresh is the best one. Acijel and Sylk kinda do the same thing - a big burst of low pH that then stops working pretty soon after. RepHresh keeps working for up to 3 days and combines with the stuff it touches to lower its pH as well.
    5)you can't get any accurate pH reading when doing the jellies. That's why you can't take any pH readings on Ingender seriously because all they are testing is the pH of the jelly they used. They have no way to know what their pH is up inside where sperm meets egg and it is 100% certainly significantly higher than what they claim.
    6)Ergo, no need to test pH before or after DTD. you can if you want to but people seem to have the misconception (lol) that the jellies magically blend perfectly together. No, there are still going to be large pockets of jelly very low in pH, pockets of semen high in pH, the CM up inside the cervix will be higher in pH - and all this is OK. If you stick a pH stick up there after you DTD and it's a little higher, that's FINE, you prob. just stuck the pH stick into a part of the mix that was more semen than jelly and the RepHresh hadn't yet had time to lower the pH yet. Some of the sperm will still be affected/killed by the jelly and that's all you want. For some sperm to die off, some sperm to manage to survive in little pockets of higher pH and then make it into the cervix where hopefully it can then survive till the egg shows up 2 days later.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ