Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick question...can I do femara after clomid if I don't conceive this month? I am battling between doing e4d or e4d +1 at pos OPK because hubby is not cycling and I am adding more fat through eggs and milk, maybe I will have a better chance to conceive with e4d this month? But this is my last month on Clomid so I should do my best to conceive while medicated? Or should I just flip a coin

I am at CD10 and we had 1 bd on CD8 and will do another one tomorrow on CD11. I think I will ovulate sometime next week.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'd need to take at least a month off.

Yes, just flip a coin. This is just one of those things I can't know for sure and I have to leave the ball in your court.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just did and coin says e4d only i guess then ill stop using the opk since it’s of no benefit right? and continue e4d until O confirmed with Bbt and will stop temping after that too. If this month is not successful then will continue e4d on the break month then see what happens. Sounds like a good plan?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sounds like a good plan!

Whether to keep using the OPK is up to you. Some people like to use them anyway as it gives them more information about when O may come. But you're right, you don't need them.

5. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to pick up the lab result today and I did have both yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis last cycle right after I ovulated. They did go away on their own after a week or two but I wonder what might be the cause? I didn't do anything out of the norm...hormonal?

Anyway, since I went in I asked for a scan and since I wasn't doing OPK I was totally caught by surprise that I have a dominant follicle around 22-24mm (CD12) and will probably ovulate in a day or two. We had our e4d on CD8 and CD11, so our next attempt will be on CD14.

If I ovulate on CD13, then I guess the CD11 can cover? But if I ovulate on CD14, will the batch from CD11 still be viable? If not, would we still have a chance with the batch from CD14 (at night)? If I ovulate later then that then CD14 should cover, I am just abit concerned with the O-3 and O case since yesterday (CD11) was only semi fertile (if that's a thing)? Watery CM and semi open cervix but I did not get up after the attempt just went to sleep. Today there is lots of EWCM and cervix for sure is open. Hubby only cycled 1x this cycle so his sperm should be healthier?
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 20th, 2021 at 07:29 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is very common to have outbreaks of yeast and BV at that point in the cycle. In fact many people will have a flare of these things several times a year, and it is possible to have mild flares without having realized it in the past. There's no "cause" the way you're thinking of it. These little organisms live inside of us all the time and it's only when they overgrow that they cause problems. After having ovulated, your pH is high, and additionally if you've been having sex that can make your pH higher too, and it simply makes it more likely that you have an overgrowth of things that are there all the time. Extremely common.

Yes you can be covered still from the CD 11 attempt on CD 14, and also you can still have a chance from the CD 14 attempt. That;s the way the e4d works - if there's anything left from the earlier attempt, it will have fertilized the egg before the later attempt can capacitate, and if there isn't, then the later attempt can have a chance.

You can't tell how fertile you are based on those things. Tons of people myself included have conceived with NO visible CM and not even knowing they'd ovulated. So don't read anything into that.

If you want better odds of conception just add an attempt (I'd have you do it today but that's your call). Don't sit around debating with yourself. Either add the attempt or stick with the pattern. Don't try to jockey the attempt around, don't spend any more time thinking about it than you already have done. Just add an attempt or don't, without endless amounts of mental debate about the pros and the cons.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for clarifying, makes sense to me! So there is nothing I can do to prevent yeast infection or BV?

I’ve decided to stick to e4d this cycle and that’s why I didn’t want to do OPK to complicate things and maybe I shouldn’t have gone in for a scan but I cannot resist to take a peek how my eggs are doing lol. But good to know that there is still a chance even if the attempts fall on O-3 and O. Good news is that lining still looks great with the triple lines and maybe I am ovulating this month earlier because my body is responding to the diet changes I am making? I want to give the girl friendly pattern a few more tries before moving on to adding attempt.

My cycle 1&2 on clomid had been suffering but 3&4 super comfortable. Maybe my body is immune to it in a good way. So I can do probably a few more medicated cycles after the break as long as my body can tolerate. Thank you again
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 20th, 2021 at 06:14 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Certainly there are things you can do to lower your chances of getting yeast or BV flares (like eating garlic, taking probiotics, cutting back on sugar and white carbs, avoiding homemade bread for a while, wearing only all cotton underwear that is washed in hot water, sleeping overnight without any undies or pants on, avoiding thong underwear, tight pants and pantyhose/stockings, being very careful about cleanliness with sex toys and also using lubes that do not cause any irritation, that sort of thing. you can even use a condom with sex, but obviously that's not going to help TTC!!)

But that is not the same thing as "a lack of garlic is the CAUSE of yeast" or whatever because plenty of people don't eat garlic and don't get yeast, and plenty of people do everything "right" and still get BV (and the same is true for all the other things I mentioned above). The CAUSE is overgrowth of fungi and bacteria, and sometimes the overgrowth of one can trigger the overgrowth of the other, since the vaginal environment changes as a result of the overgrowth.

Great news on the lining!! I can't speculate about the other stuff, just that things are looking great and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

10. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info! I am not doing the no no things apart from eating lots of home made bread because that's the only way I know it's really whole grain but I had been doing that for years so I don't think that's the cause (why does this cause flare up though?), maybe just bad months. But because I had some sort of flare ups two months in a row right around ovulation we couldn't carry on e4d after O.

I had terrible cramps and bloating and backache since yesterday afternoon and temp dipped today so FX that O will happen today on time and our attempt tonight will catch the egg!!

Diet wise I have gained back the lost weight and now being held steady at bmi 18.5 after the few tweaks on diet and reducing ex by a day without needing a lot of extra sugar and white carbs so I am really happy about that! And since I am so full all day long I have to shorten my overnight fasting more to 12 hours so I have more time between meals to have some appetite. Will keep you updated
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 22nd, 2021 at 06:51 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason why homemade breads can cause yeast is because not all the yeast is killed in the guts, and so it can grow coming from your bowel area and colonize your VJ(while this sounds terrible, this is not unusual or even a bad thing). It's not a sure thing as you point out, you've had homemade bread in the past, but just something that can act as an encouragement for yeast overgrowth.

As long as you're sure you have ovulated you don't need to continue after O. Some people think they Oed when they didn't which is why we do it that way.

13. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast