Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your instructions. That helps me alot.

I'm on CD 9 today and have been injecting Gonal F in low doses since CD 2. An ultrasound was done today and my follicle is 16mm. I also have EWCM since today. Doctor took blood and said I'll get a call tomorrow when to induce ovulation with Ovitrelle and then my hubby and I should DTD the day after Ovitrelle. What would you advise me to do, should I follow this plan or should we have our attempt at a different time, or do you think we should have multiple attempts? Does it make sense to do e4D+1 even if ovulation is triggered by injection or should we have only one BD after the injection?

Unfortunately, I've gained a little weight again because we were on vacation again and so I want to have as much pink influence as realistically possible, because I'm already messing up with the diet. Alcohol, coffee, skip breakfast and exercise are still going very well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, sometimes the egg will drop before the Ovitrelle is administered (not everyone gets as high a level of care as they deserve, and doctors sometimes miss things) so as a general rule I do like to see you guys having e4d attempts just in case something goes awry. But I'd probably not worry about that for now and have two attempts at trigger as long as you feel you won't miss the egg.

I think you need to have at least TWO attempts at the trigger shot. It is time to get you pregnant and so I'd have an attempt the day of the trigger and the day after. Or even more if you really want best chance of conception, but I understand wanting to stick with just two for the sway.

Weight gain has really not been that predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. I would just be trying to get pregnant now as the medications can be hard on you, so please don't worry about the sway and be in with 2 attempts at or around the trigger shot. The day of, the day after.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, quick question in between.

The fertility clinic just called me to inject the Ovitrelle at 8 pm today (CD10). They said we should DTD tomorrow (CD11). Follicle was yesterday (CD9) at 16mm. EWCM since yesterday. My OPK are negative so far (I just did another OPK now, it's 6.30 pm in Germany). We had an Attempt yesterday (CD9). Do you think we should do more Attempts today and tomorrow (attempts then CD 9, 10, 11), or tomorrow and the day after (attempts then CD 9, 11, 12)? Doctor told me ovulation would be about 36 hours after trigger, that would be the day after tomorrow (CD12 in the morning).

----

Update: We had a BD this evening and will have another BD tomorrow. Then we have three attempts in a row (CD 9, 10, 11) and I'm not that comfortable with it in terms of the Sway, but it's still important to me to have a good chance of conception and I'm just taking the risk now that it will be a boy (Even though I know that I will be very upset if I actually conceive a boy now). To be honest, I don't think I'm going to get pregnant now.
    Last edited by Lanini; August 23rd, 2022 at 03:54 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would probably just have the attempt you've had and then one more. But if you WERE to have attempt say CD 12, the odds would be just two attempts (because you'd already have conceived with the earlier attempts before the last one could capacitate) and you'd be covered in case the first two didn't make it for some reason.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I have to check again because of the language barrier. We had now attempts on CD 9 and 10, according to the doctor we should definitely have an attempt on CD 11 today. Do you now think that we should give up this attempt and leave it at the two attempts on CD 9 and 10 and if we want to try again on CD 12? Or do you think we should also do the recommended attempt on CD 11 today? I think today CD 11 is the most important attempt as I injected the Ovitrelle last night. But then it would be three attempts in a row. I'm torn between having a high chance of conceiving and wanting a girl. My feeling is that we should still have an Attempt today. Because I just want to finally get pregnant. Still, I want a DD so badly. I'm not 100 percent comfortable with that, but I think we'll have an Attempt today as well. I feel like I just have to try everything and not doing it on this important day gives me a stomach ache too.

Addition: I have to add my text again. I'm kind of upset, I want to do everything right and still have a good chance of having a girl. But I still want to have the chance to get pregnant and not miss the chance. I'm just thinking about how to do it properly. I think the attempt last night (CD 10) was a mistake, we should have only done the Attempts on CD 9 and then CD 11 (today) but I was so unsure and that's how the attempt happened yesterday on CD 10. I just don't know what to do now. Have an Attempt on CD 11 today or not? Do you think it's a good idea not to attempt today and instead tomorrow on CD 12 in the afternoon? So we would have Attempts on CD 9 and CD 10 in the evening right after the Ovitrelle injection, and then CD 12 at noon? By that time, O will already have happened. Do you think our attempt last night, which was about 36 hours before ovulation, has a good chance? And an Attempt on CD 12 in the afternoon, probably about 7-8 hours after ovulation, would then still be a good option if the BD on CD 10 missed the egg? But then would we have no attempt at all on the day when the odds were highest (today on CD 11). But if we DTD today we have three Attempts three days in a row and I'm afraid this will sway too much blue also because I messed up the diet and gained weight. But if we don't have an Attempt today, the chance of conception is much less or what do you think? My hubby's semen is within normal limits, but according to the doctor it's more in the lower range of normal values.

I'm not feeling well at the moment, everything puts me under so much pressure and I don't know what to do, I'm caught between wanting to get pregnant and wanting a daughter. I could cry. Been so easygoing and relaxed for the past few cycles but now I'm slowly getting to the point where I'm putting myself under pressure again and wanting to do everything perfectly to finally have my girl.
    Last edited by Lanini; August 24th, 2022 at 01:25 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, this came through later at night for me and I only just now saw it.

The CD 9 attempt is probably too early to count. I think it's unlikely that anything will survive that long. The earlier in the fertile window, the more sperm die very quickly, and even with the timing of your Ovitrelle, I suspect everything from CD 9 will be dead and gone.

Have the attempt CD 10 and 11. Don't worry about having three in a row. I think it would be best to have one CD 12 too but if you don't want to, that's your call to make.

I hope you had the attempt, because I agree with you that attempts CD 9 and 10 without one CD 11 is very low. If you didn't, have one as soon as possible on CD 12.

8. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
    Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your answer, it wasn't too late. We had the attempt on CD 11 yesterday, so we now have attempts on CD 9, 10 and 11 with a trigger shot on CD 10 in the evening. I don't know yet whether we'll do another Attempt on CD 12 today. My husband and I don't have a high sex drive and now we've had attempts for three days in a row and the motivation isn't that high anymore. If it fits tonight, we'll do another attempt in case the previous attempts didn't get the egg.

So and now it's time to wait and pray. I don't have much hope, but more hope than the last few cycles. Doctor told me that the chances of conceiving after laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are slightly increased, even if there is no diagnosis. I hope so much.

I don't know what to do if I don't get pregnant with hormonal stimulation. You've already said that insemination doesn't make much sense. What if I am not pregnant after 2-3 cycles of hormonal injections, what do you recommend as a next step? IVF? Or is there anything else we could try before that? And if IVF, is there still a way to influence the gender? With IVF, the egg still chooses the sperm, but it's just not "natural" anymore? Can I still sway a bit or is that not possible? With an ICSI I think there is definitely no influence anymore, but I don't think that's necessary because the sperm is good. Unfortunately, gender selection at ICSI is not possible in Germany, and going to another country is not possible for financial reasons.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we do sometimes see conceptions after hysteroscopy and/or laparoscopy. No one really knows why.

I'm not sure why you'd do IVF, to be honest. If nothing is wrong, and sperm and egg quality, plus your tubes and uterus are normal, then the only benefit to IVF would be to weed out some genetically defective embryos. But if your egg quality is normal, then there's really no genetic reason why you're not getting pregnant (usually if there's a genetic issue, people have lots of miscarriages, and often have tested their losses and found genetic issues in them). I don't understand why doctors would suggest IVF when nothing would appear to REQUIRE it. Plus, in order for the genetic testing, it's recommended to do ICSI anyway, so that would still be a necessity.

You can't sway when doing IVF. In order for IVF to succeed, you need LOTS of eggs to be fertilized by LOTS of sperm - maximum numbers - and we also need for your physical self to be in the best shape possible for pregnancy. So you simply can't be messing around with swaying because we need the absolute best results, which means a really healthy diet, vitamins, some fertility supplements (especially for DH), and not exercising to extremes. That having been said, sometimes, occasionally, a doctor will let you "pick the embryo" for family balancing, after dropping a hint about the gender, but I would certainly not count on that. In the vast majority of cases, particularly in Germany, the doctors are completely unwilling to give any such information and react very negatively so it's not really something you can just mention casually beforehand.

Some people do give their husbands the olive leaf extract, with or without Vitamin C. I am highly skeptical of the Olive Leaf (there's a big explanation as to why, if you want to know) but I have people use it for swaying simply because it seems harmless, even though I don't think it actually works.

So what to do next? I would personally simply start doing whatever I could to conceive, without worrying about swaying any more. We can do this gradually over the course of time, to try to get you pregnant before you give up everything and start boosting your fertility through the roof.

12. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As always, thank you for your replies, it's a great help and support.

My doctor hasn't said anything about IVF yet, it was more my own thoughts on how to proceed if I don't get pregnant in the coming months. Unfortunately, I found out that my health insurance doesn't support me as much as I thought, so IVF and something like that are currently not possible for financial reasons.

Atomic, honestly, do you think I can still have hope of conceiving naturally? I'm slowly thinking about whether it still makes sense to do the Sway with all the restrictions, because I have the feeling that the chance of getting pregnant after such a long time is almost zero. We've been trying for over a year. I read a few studies and they took away a lot of hope that it could still work. Are there any medical tests I should still do? I think there must be a reason I'm not getting pregnant. It worked with the first child on the first try. And now we've been trying for over a year. There must be a reason! Or?

And what's your advice, how should we proceed now? We'll have to keep trying the natural way for a while. There will be no IVF or ICSI for now. What would be your advice on what to do now? Are there things I can still improve without completely ruining the Sway? Are there things I should drop? How about alcohol, do you think that could be a reason I'm not getting pregnant? And what about the exercises? I try to go for a walk as much as possible because it's not that heavy. But when the weather is bad, I like to jump on the trampoline, like Jumping Fitness. So I'm wondering is this ok during the 2WW or could it be that the jumping motions are preventing fertilization or implantation?

I requested the test results from my doctor. I show them to you here (one side is translated with google translator, the other side is original). It's the sperm analysis and the blood test from me and the blood test from my husband. The blood values ​​are all in the normal range. The sperm is also in the normal range almost everywhere, only the number of normally shaped sperm is slightly lower than normal. Could that be the problem? The analysis was done before my husband started taking supplements.

(Sorry I don't know how to resize the images here.)

Spermiogramm2.jpg

----

Blutwerte Frau2.jpg

----

Blutwerte Mann3.jpg
    Last edited by Lanini; September 2nd, 2022 at 02:21 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are two answers to your question:

a) Yes, I absolutely do think you still have hope of conceiving naturally. You have been checked out thoroughly and nothing appears to be amiss. The slightly abnormal sperm shape on your husband's side shouldn't mean anything, it's barely less than normal, and it's only when that finding is found alongside many other things that it causes a problem. Many men have one parameter that's a little off and conceive normally. He's welcome to take the supplements if you want him to but that is not the issue (if there is an issue at all)

BUT

b) You are quite right that it makes absolutely no sense to continue swaying with (as you put it) "all the restrictions". Like I said above, we need to gradually lighten up on whatever you've been doing for a sway, and then eventually you will catch the egg.

EDITED - I know, I know, I said all this before but I just have to say it again to hopefully reassure you!! In months we sway too hard, those just don't "count".

I don't have all your information in front of me, but the odds are that at least some of your months, back at the start, you were possibly swaying too hard, and now, maybe it has to to do with having been very strict on diet/exercise for a very long time. So my thinking would be to be sure that you're not swaying too hard in ways that don't even work (timing, pH, etc) while GRADUALLY relaxing on things like diet and exercise, so we can be sure that your body feels safe in conceiving. Because if your body "thinks" that you're on the brink of starvation, it will not take a chance on pregnancy, and this can happen even if you feel you're not terribly thin or that you're not dieting too strictly.

I don't think that either the alcohol or the jumping is the issue, but it is time to start letting things go. You certainly don't NEED to jump on a trampoline, and I would like you to cut back exercise to 4 days a week anyway - regardless of the kind of exercise you're doing, too much exercise, for a long time, while you're dieting the entire time, is the sort of thing that may make your body too "nervous" to conceive. You also don't NEED alcohol, so let that go, or compromise and cut that back to only on weekends. I don't think that's "the" problem, and in fact I don't think there is one single problem, but simply that it's been too much for too long and now your body just doesn't "think" it's the right time to get pregnant!

I'm going to reread your thread and see what jumps out at me.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; September 3rd, 2022 at 06:13 PM.

15. Likes Lanini liked this post
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast